What to do with Boo Boo Foot?

Maybe Rex Ryan will want to trade for KW, now that he knows his nickname...

:lol: Funniest post of the day.

You are such a moron for even posting this topic.

That's what I was going for. I was going to start a "bring back Losman" thread but someone beat me to it.

You're in trouble now Rob... boo boo foot. :w00t: I smell crayolas....

As for KW...he may not have prototypical size for a NT in this proposed system but the guy plays 'bigger' than he is. He's a major disruptor and can certainly be effective despite his less than massive girth.

So it appears we'll be running a 46 D w/ a 3-4 base, which may leave KW w/o a position. I know he played well at NT under G Wilson, & wade's 3-4 uses a smaller NT, but the Jets system utilizes a big bodied NT to clog the middle, & that's not Kyle's game. So what to do...

He's not well suited for 3-4 DE & we're pretty good there anyway. He could rotate in on passing downs and 4 down fronts, but using a top player as a part-timer seems wasteful. Does he have trade value? What would you do?

The Jets used a 4 man front over 70% of the time and that is considered part time? Why do you want to get rid of our top DT?

Interesting, I was thinking about this earlier as a friend of mine just injured his achilles and may need surgery. I'll add another take on it, the new "football analytics" team. This will be KW's second surgery, though I think it's the other foot this time. Your question raises an important issue based on his injury history and the change in defense (again). What to do with someone who has been one of your best defensive players given his injuries and hit fit into the scheme?

On another note, I wonder if the new DC puts that DT from Utah in play? We could use a good Samoan....

So it appears we'll be running a 46 D w/ a 3-4 base, which may leave KW w/o a position. I know he played well at NT under G Wilson, & wade's 3-4 uses a smaller NT, but the Jets system utilizes a big bodied NT to clog the middle, & that's not Kyle's game. So what to do...

He's not well suited for 3-4 DE & we're pretty good there anyway. He could rotate in on passing downs and 4 down fronts, but using a top player as a part-timer seems wasteful. Does he have trade value? What would you do?

put him at end like they should have before, he'll be our Mike Devito.

Perhaps we need to start thinking about making moves with some of our players and focus on getting younger, faster, and bigger, so we can have a hungry team when Jim Kelly part deux walks through the door. Guys like KW, Wood et al. More like a hockey GM. I mean we're all guilty of wanting that big name at every position one day and then talk out the other side of our mouths saying how much it's a team game and that other coaches get more from less, while having the one of the VERY best at one particular key position. (I'll let you guess which one)

Btw, I think lotsa teams would drool over a playoff famished KW, SJ, Levitre, et al. Probably pay a pretty penny too.

I wonder if any of these guys'll wanna jump ship like some players did first year of Marrone's time at the 'Cuse.

Remember: Change is hard.

Some one mentioned injuries. I dont think he is injury prone. Spurs are genetic i have read.

That would make sense same injury different ankle/achilles.

But Kyle will fit up; inside, outside, under, over, in between even, each tech, each scheme and style.

If we can get the linebackers sorted out we have a very good front 3 for the 37% percent of the time we will be running a base 3-4.

My name is Eric and i have a man crush on Kyle Williams.

there i said it.

Go Bills !

Perhaps we need to start thinking about making moves with some of our players and focus on getting younger, faster, and bigger, so we can have a hungry team when Jim Kelly part deux walks through the door. Guys like KW, Wood et al. More like a hockey GM. I mean we're all guilty of wanting that big name at every position one day and then talk out the other side of our mouths saying how much it's a team game and that other coaches get more from less, while having the one of the VERY best at one particular key position. (I'll let you guess which one)

Btw, I think lotsa teams would drool over a playoff famished KW, SJ, Levitre, et al. Probably pay a pretty penny too.

I wonder if any of these guys'll wanna jump ship like some players did first year of Marrone's time at the 'Cuse.

Remember: Change is hard.

i forgot to mention, read all the posts(of course) but i like the ring of this one by " herd ". :thumbsup:

You design your schemes around the talent u have. No doubt we will be in a 4-3 base.

Yeah, that's what you always hear, until Gregg Williams comes in, they let Ted go and move to a 4-3, with just Pat being good in the middle...........Then, Jauron plays his Tampa 2 no matter what the talent says..........Then Gailey does the opposite.

It was always said good coaches use the system that is best for the talent on the team. The Bills have not over the last decade.............We are going to come up with 4 good linebackers???