AJ McCarron Elite QB?

Buffalo Barbarian

I have watched a bunch of his games this year (and last) and this kid is extremely accurate and wish he was coming out because he can definitely run a pro offense. I wasn't high on him because he was from Alabama and you know it's the system and all that but this kid looks really poised and polished, an Arron Rodgers type, He will be one to watch next year.

SEASON CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

2012 191 286 2669 66.8 9.33 85 26 3 22 173.1

2011 219 328 2634 66.8 8.03 69 16 5 13 147.3

2010 30 48 389 62.5 8.10 47 3 0 2 151.2

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I only saw him play in the BSC Championship game where he was indeed accurate. However, I also noticed that opposing players rarely got within 6 feet of him. Can he keep his composure and still throw with accuracy when under pressure?

I haven't seen too much of him, he is accurate and his stats are great, but you are correct, that Bama O-Line is one of the best you will see at that level. He sure looks good though, and his girlfriend looked even better.

Every time I've seen him play, he looks like he's in complete control. He really runs their offense very well.

If he was leaving for the NFL, he'd be pretty high on my list. Accurate arm (not very strong, which is a legit concern), poised, and smart. I don't remember many times when he was under pressure, either.

He wouldn't be a top 5-10 pick this year. He still had some to prove.

Given the weakness of the QB class, I'd bet good money that he'd be a top 10 pick for sure, and maybe I could be convinced to bet that he'd go in the top 5.

Given the weakness of the QB class, I'd bet good money that he'd be a top 10 pick for sure, and maybe I could be convinced to bet that he'd go in the top 5.

How much have you seen him play? Many of those were typical throws he's shown. He's got to play like that game all year.

it'll be between Aj and Bridgewater next yr for the top QB spot. McCarron is similar to Brady IMO, hes a big lanky douche thats cool under pressure, will rip into his teammates without hesitation, deadly Accurate, and smart with the football and a big game winner. I don't really care about his Tattoo either, but i'm sure that will become an "issue" for some.

Edited by CarolinaBill

I really wasn't a fan of him getting into his lineman's face at the end of the end of the game with them up by 28, and they had just committed a delay of game penalty. He really showed up his center for doing that, and the center was justified for shoving him.

He also has questionable decision making capabilities, as referenced by this: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1474841-aj-mccarrons-giant-chest-tattoo-is-spreading-developing-its-own-ecosystem

I don't know if he is elite............his girlfriend and mom surely are though.

came in to say this....you beat me, you win...im not worthy

has he for SURE said hes going back to Bama? Maybe he wants to three-peat - and I wouldnt doubt they will

have you seen a picture of his uber-gay chest tattoo though? it makes me question his mental accumen

awesome......Mccarron put dockett and murray in their places......hilarious.

came in to say this....you beat me, you win...im not worthy

has he for SURE said hes going back to Bama? Maybe he wants to three-peat - and I wouldnt doubt they will

have you seen a picture of his uber-gay chest tattoo though? it makes me question his mental accumen

its my new screensaver......whats gay about it? :lol: :lol:

yeah, back to the thread killer forum.

Why isn't the Nassib thread here?

I don't see a reason to go back to Alabama. But whatever.

3 national titles?

I really wasn't a fan of him getting into his lineman's face at the end of the end of the game with them up by 28, and they had just committed a delay of game penalty. He really showed up his center for doing that, and the center was justified for shoving him.

He also has questionable decision making capabilities, as referenced by this: http://bleacherrepor...s-own-ecosystem

yep that's it, undraftable. the games I saw he looked pretty much like this.

http://www.businessi...-twitter-2013-1

Athletes (Darnell Dockett and Aaron Murray) took notice of McCarron's GF and tweeted about her.

that's hilarious.

He also has questionable decision making capabilities, as referenced by this: http://bleacherrepor...s-own-ecosystem

So you don't like a QB who takes charge of his team and who maintains his focus for the full 60 minutes of a championship game? The last Bills QB with the balls to get in someone's face was Jim Kelly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.