Notre Dame v. Alabama Game Thread

BobbyC81

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Lb play is a function of d-line play. Don't fans know that? I''m not advocating drafting the guy, btw - I honestly don't care. If he's been good all season and he plays against a team where the line in front of him is absolutely dominated, then it's not necessarily him.

That's really all I'm saying. Plus a month between games.

Does anyone really think he was a heisman candidate if this is representative of his play in even one game this year? I've been among the biggest teo haters on the board but the "I've never watched him before" crowd should chill a bit.

Except I never said that or anything close to.

In fact I said a quick google search resulted in some links from experts who said they don't believe Teo will be a good pro either. Those are people who have watched more than 2 drives.

Problem arises when the LB next to him is playing well. He has the same defensive line in front of him as Teo does.

Ray Lewis had a terrible - and I mean terrible - game against KC about 5-6 years ago. Dr. Z had a bit how he was overrated based on that game despite the fact that there were injuries on the Baltimore front 4.

You're seriously basing an argument on a google search?? I distinctly recall many who said that payton manning wasn't all that good because he lost to florida and because tennessee was blown out by nebraska in manning's final bowl game. Come on.

Sir, you need to follow the conversation. I was replying to a poster who mentioned that some experts think he is good. I replied that some experts think he is bad.

The whole thing is a giant joke that has driven countless people away from college football (like me). The Irish don't belong anywhere near the Top10 much less in a playoff game.

Actually what people don't like is other people who won't shut their overactive pieholes and insist on beating them over the head with their "opinion" ad nauseum.

Especially someone basing said opinion as fact based on 5-7 minutes of game. Patience and taking some in never killed anyone. I guess I have no convictions because I don't go nuts over a couple drives. Surely bad drives, but... Come on....

Does anyone really think he was a heisman candidate if this is representative of his play in even one game this year? I've been among the biggest teo haters on the board but the "I've never watched him before" crowd should chill a bit.

No I believe that he has probably played mostly cream puffs.

Should we talk about all the AWFUL pros who WON the heisman?

Edited by LiterateStylish

That's why I asked who ND played. Obviously no one as good as Bama.

How can you not watch him...NBC has Irish games on EVERY Saturday..it's tiresome. I like him, but he has limitations.

Wow. Lb play is a function of d-line play. Don't fans know that? I''m not advocating drafting the guy, btw - I honestly don't care. If he's been good all season and he plays against a team where the line in front of him is absolutely dominated, then it's not necessarily him.

you obviously not watching the game. He's been bowled over by the RB one in one for 2 TDs. He's been out of position without the OL having anything to do with it and he's had a passing TD right over top of him because he was out of position.

The OL play has nothing to do with how bad he's playing right now.

He seriously looks worse than Kelsey at OLB right now. That should give you some perspective.

you obviously not watching the game. He's been bowled over by the RB one in one for 2 TDs. He's been out of position without the OL having anything to do with it and he's had a passing TD right over top of him because he was out of position.

The OL play has nothing to do with how bad he's playing right now.

He seriously looks worse than Kelsey at OLB right now. That should give you some perspective.

He's watching but with rose colored glasses. It is what it is.

I've watched him play nearly every game. With NBC coverage, it's easy. For all the hype, I've been saying all along that he lacks the explosion and athleticism you'd like to see in such a player. Those shortcomings are just magnified against such a superior team as Alabama.

And we all know that LB play is largely a function of good DL play. They tend to go hand in hand. But ND's DLine is not the reason Manti looks slow in recognition and as much as we'd all like LBs to be clean as the driven snow to make a tackle every play, that line of thinking is just tired. It is in the LB handbook, especially the MLB handbook, that they have to take on blockers AT THE HOLE, shed, and make a play. He has been in position numerous times and wasn't able to finish. That is NOT a problem with the DLine. That's on Manti.

GO BILLS!!!

Really? Who did ND beat this year because they looked totally overmatched tonight. Te'o looks like Aaron Maybin in the NFL so far.

PTR

If Buddy picked Teo, you would be first in line to kiss his Nix's ass and first to crap on any fan who disagreed on the pick.

Sir, you need to follow the conversation. I was replying to a poster who mentioned that some experts think he is good. I replied that some experts think he is bad.

No, your posting like you're a call in on the Jim Rome Show, trying to impress him with your "take".

Only problem is, Jim Rome isn't here, and noone's impressed.

That's why I asked who ND played. Obviously no one as good as Bama.

At Oklahoma? Stanford? USC had a down year but are talented

Ever watch a #1 nfl seed look rusty after a bye week? These kids are off a bye month. Bamas a better team but.... I wouldn't say this is representative either.