Package Jackson and our first + third round picks

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we had a chance to move up in the draft to grab a good QB would you package Jackson plus our first and third to move up?

I feel Spiller needs the full time role, there are plenty of good backups on the market cheaper than Jackson

I am not sure there is a QB in this draft that merits that kind of trade. Geno Smith is the closest, and he if far from a sure thing.

Our long term real deal QB is not going to be found in this year's draft.

We need to work on a 2-step plan. Find an immediate replacement for Fitz as he simply cannot be our starter next year...and in the meantime, continue to hunt for the real deal for down the road.

Alex Smith, if available. Or even Flacco.

Draft the best QB when the position matches the player available. Probably second round, it sounds like.

Smith is like a younger version of Fitz with a slightly better arm. Just start a rookie.

And FJax would kill in GB. He'd be perfect for them. But 32 yo rbs have no real trade value. It's worth more to keep him as a very good backup and leader.

If we had a chance to move up in the draft to grab a good QB would you package Jackson plus our first and third to move up?

I feel Spiller needs the full time role, there are plenty of good backups on the market cheaper than Jackson

not in this draft, we probably will have the pick of any QB we want anyway

Smith is like a younger version of Fitz with a slightly better arm. Just start a rookie.

Start whomever earns the job. There are no clear cut rookie QBs this draft, from what I understand. I'd rather play whomever gives us the best chance to win, and continue are search when the opportunity is right.

I will be mildly surprised if any QB is taken prior to our pick (if so it will only be out of desperation.)

Disagree completely. Kansas City & Jacksonville would likely be picking a QB. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets trade up to get a QB, either.

Besides, it's clear that Fred is the backup now. His value has dropped, even though he could still be considered a starter on a few other teams.

Start whomever earns the job. There are no clear cut rookie QBs this draft, from what I understand. I'd rather play whomever gives us the best chance to win, and continue are search when the opportunity is right.

How can you say that definitely? IF that was true, why did Russell Wilson go in the 3rd round? Rookie QBs play right away and do well. Smith's upside is very small. I like Flacco more but these are hardly guys that elevate teams. Draft a rookie high and play him right away.

Do what it takes for Teo this year, then Nassib. Go big time next year fo qb

Agreed, and take another QB for good measure in the third or forth, and a WR.

I might add aquire A. Smith (Alex, not Akili). Start Smith backed up by

Nassib and Fitz if need be. Instill discipline and accountability and vu la,

Playoffs!

If we are set on taking a QB I might even suggest trading back in the draft. There should be plenty of QB's available at the end of the 1st and beginning of the 2nd. Trade our first for another team's first and their second and their first next year! I don't think a lot of team's will be looking to trade up this year though but worth a shot