Bills hire Doug Marrone to be Head Coach

sven233

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From watching Cuse games I hope he brings his defensive coordinator Scott Shafer... Very high speed blitz heavy defense.

The biggest concern should be Special Teams. Syracuse sucked in that phase of the game. That is my only concern.

Marv Levy was a special teams coach on George Allen's staff with the redskins. Just saying...

Its on NFL.com and appears to fit the Bills criteria: someone that does not demand much money and will not be allowed to have much control.

Brandon must think he can market this guy, but at best, he seems like a poor man's Chip Kelly.

Unfortunately it does look real. Well I hope all the good god not Lovie Smith types are happy. instead of a proven winning NFL coach we get a 25-25 bush league collage guy.

And you're right it's a save money move.

These are some of the coaches Marrone worked with in the NFL:

2002 Jets: Coached under Herm Edwards, coached with Paul Hackett OC

2003 Jets: same

2004 Jets: same, Donnie Henderson DC

2005 Jets: same, Mike Heimerdinger OC

2006 Saints: Coached under Sean Payton DC Gary Gibbs, Dennis Allen DL

2007 Saints: same

2008 Saints: same

From watching Cuse games I hope he brings his defensive coordinator Scott Shafer... Very high speed blitz heavy defense.

The biggest concern should be Special Teams. Syracuse sucked in that phase of the game. That is my only concern.

I totally agree. If he could bring Shafer, we'd be dandy on defense.

I like the hire. I think coming from the college ranks that he would be able to get the respect from the players because he played and coached in the nfl as apposed to no nfl exp. such as chip kelly. Not saying he will be better but will win the locker room over easier, though I am hoping he is better. The curious part is who are gonna be the cordinators. Did they get the feel that some of the interviewees might be willing to coach or does marrone have a some good ones lined up already, maybe some guys from the saints?

These are some of the coaches Marrone worked with in the NFL:

2002 Jets: Coached under Herm Edwards, coached with Paul Hackett OC

2003 Jets: same

2004 Jets: same, Donnie Henderson DC

2005 Jets: same, Mike Heimerdinger OC

2006 Saints: Coached under Sean Payton DC Gary Gibbs, Dennis Allen DL

2007 Saints: same

2008 Saints: same

Also Marrone played for 2 seasons in the NFL.

He was an O-lineman with Miami and New Orleans.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Doug_Marrone

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Analytics = saving money on the cheapest coach ?

25-25 college coach ? Feels wrong

I don't believe that was the Bills approach given the interest from the Browns, Eagles, Chargers, and potentially the Bears. They couldn't have low balled him and got him.

Open mind from me on the hire.

the good news is that theres nothing derogatory you can make out of the name marrone

doug marrone?

dumb moron!

its actually one of the easiest names in bills history to turn into a derogatory catch phrase, and the poor guy hasnt even had a press conference yet.

oh well, 3-13 here we come, guy wont even last 365 days.

Edited by JohnnyGold