If the Bills play a game @ the Dome

As has been posted here, the Carrier Dome ironically does not have air conditioning in spite of the fact that the facility is named after the largest HVAC company in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier_Corporation

Those posters have said that the Carrier Dome is not used in the summertime for football games for that reason.

Also, I don't buy the marketing angle theory of Marrone's hire.

How many more fans will attend Bills games based on the name Doug Marrone?

If the Bills start winning games, attendance will go up.

But I'm thinking the Bills didn't hire a new HC based on the belief that they would increase season ticket sales in the mighty Syracuse-Rome-Utica market.

As has been posted here, the Carrier Dome ironically does not have air conditioning in spite of the fact that the facility is named after the largest HVAC company in the world.

I knew that. Yes, that is rather bizarre when you really think about it.

Marrone may be relatively popular now in Syracuse, and will likely be fondly remembered for returning a modicum of credibility to the football program, but it's not as though he is/was the longterm legendary coach synonymous with the Orange Men. He's been there 3 years. I like the ideea of playing a preseason game there (logistics notwithstanding) but it'd make no sense that this was a "marketing" move, unless Marrone is a wild success in Buffalo.

Marrone may be relatively popular now in Syracuse, and will likely be fondly remembered for returning a modicum of credibility to the football program, but it's not as though he is/was the longterm legendary coach synonymous with the Orange Men. He's been there 3 years. I like the ideea of playing a preseason game there (logistics notwithstanding) but it'd make no sense that this was a "marketing" move, unless Marrone is a wild success in Buffalo.

Yeah I hate to have to play Whac-A Mole with the Marrone Marketing Conspiracists but I don't see how hiring (to use the words of the conspiracists) a marginally successful college coach is gonna be a major force in milking more ticket revenue from the Syracuse-Utica-Rome area.

Especially when the team recently said that they know that winning is the only way the team will remain viable and the team's reputation will be restored.

Very bizarre.

For all the billions of dollars that Carrier has, you'd think they'd install the damn system for free. Or at least supply the equipment for free and have the university pay for the installation.

or if SU couldn't have carrier do it or give them the parts and pieces, they would have gotten someone else to install or buy a system from. That place was built in 1980, it's only been 32 years, what is the university waiting for?

The Bills do not have an attendance problem, they have a winning problem.

the only time they have attendance issues is at the end of a season and that when the winning problems affect tickets being sold.

Edited by KRT88

How many more fans will attend Bills games based on the name Doug Marrone?

If the Bills start winning games, attendance will go up.

But I'm thinking the Bills didn't hire a new HC based on the belief that they would increase season ticket sales in the mighty Syracuse-Rome-Utica market.

Not many I believe, living in the Syracuse area. There may be some SU/Bills fans that decide to get tickets now that DM is HC. But I don't believe there will be any massive increase in sales. SU/Other NFL Team Fans are not going to suddenly change the team they route for just because of the signing. But there will be more interest in how the team is doing. Maybe this will help cut down some of the coverage the Jets have gotten with moving their camp to Cortland.

I look at it this way, Any time your name is mentioned good or bad that's marketing. Now the Cuse market, be it the Cuse region or former SU students, will now have a greater interest to see how one of there own (former SU coach) is doing. Causal or every day interest it does not matter. Interest is marketing, marketing is interest.

I look at it this way, Any time your name is mentioned good or bad that's marketing. Now the Cuse market, be it the Cuse region or former SU students, will now have a greater interest to see how one of there own (former SU coach) is doing. Causal or every day interest it does not matter. Interest is marketing, marketing is interest.

In a grand sense, I'd imagine the name marrone is as much damage among the jaded fans as benefit among the cuse fans. It's not a net gain at the end of the day.

If I recall correctly, there was an increase in interest for the Patriots when Dick MacPherson became their head coach back in the early 90's.

In a grand sense, I'd imagine the name marrone is as much damage among the jaded fans as benefit among the cuse fans. It's not a net gain at the end of the day.

the Syracuse fans would probably have been more jaded if Sysracuse was a 10-2 BCS team the past few seasons. If one of his assistants takes over in Syracuse things will be fine.