Quarterbacks in the Draft

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe you have to roll the dice on someone at some point this year. especially if the best alternative is to get a guy off the street and throw him in there with the hopes of drafting in the top spot next year. take the guy you like the most and do the best you can with him.

I understand the rolling the dice philosophy but in order to do that you have to have trust and I just don't trust any of the and obviously since there is so much back and forth instead of a clear idea about one. Until then we just get a vet till the agreement is unanimous that this is the one.

Not knocking your idea at all, but I find it amusing/depressing that we said the exact same thing last year about Barkley. 'Since we can't get Luck or RG3, let's wait and hope we win the Barkley lottery next year.'. Obviously I'm paraphrasing, but wow, what a difference a year makes!

I was never on his bandwagon. Only USC fan boys like USC quarterbacks cuz they just flat out suck in the league. lol...

Honestly we don't need a Quarterback with injury problems. We haven't heard the whole story with Barkley yet. I think he is hurt a lot worse than we were all led to believe. As far as a QB for the future maybe we go after one via FA. What about Chase Daniel?

I understand the rolling the dice philosophy but in order to do that you have to have trust and I just don't trust any of the and obviously since there is so much back and forth instead of a clear idea about one. Until then we just get a vet till the agreement is unanimous that this is the one.

I get it. If we get this vet that you desperately want, then in the very near future we will be placed in the position to pick this unanimous, consensus #1 QB, correct? For once I agree with you.

I say scrap all of these potential "franchise" QBs and back up the brinks truck for FLACCO...Just sayin...he has only taken his team to the playoffs EVERY year since he's been in the league....if not, see what it would take to get Rivers. He would be a monster behind our O-Line.

I say scrap all of these potential "franchise" QBs and back up the brinks truck for FLACCO...Just sayin...he has only taken his team to the playoffs EVERY year since he's been in the league....if not, see what it would take to get Rivers. He would be a monster behind our O-Line.

I would take Flacco in a half-heartbeat. I just don't think the Ravens will let him hit the market. Ever.

If you have been following the quarterbacks in this draft class you will notice a lot of stinkers. Here's the breakdown,

Currently Landry Jones is stinking up the Cotton Bowl. Pass on this one.

Geno Smith sucked the big one in the snow New Era Pinstripe bowl. Pass.

Mike Glennon 3 picks in a loss in the Music City Bowl. Pass.

Barkley out with an injury, a Sanchez clone. Pass.

There is only 3 I would even consider drafting and none in the first round.Tyler Bray, Tyler Wilson and Ryan Nassib. The Bills should take the Best Available player with the 8th pick in the draft. In the second round take one of the 3 QB's.

"

You can't judge them by one game but sadly I have come to the same conclusion and think we should get our QB 2nd round. As you all know I have been a huge supporter of Landry Jones but yesterdays game is one of many where he was good but not great. I still think he will be good in the league but wont be elite and if you can't get elite why waste your time. I think he will be like Flacco who would be a huge upgrade over Fitz but still not good enough to get to the top.

I am now turning back to a guy I was touting earlier this year in Tyler Bray. He is the most talented QB to come out in years and is very similar to Dan Marrino as far arm strength and quick release but he has miles to go on the mental side of the game. If we draft him he should sit for TWO YEARS because if we push him to early he will just get ruined and be another great prospect that didn't make it. We need to get a veteran QB like Alex smith who can manage the game and keep the ints down and when Bray is ready we could have one best QBs in the League.

Zach dysert!

My choice too. Posters have been replying to my several mentions saying he isn't an NFL QB. I think he throws a perfect over hand ball. His throwing mechanics in the pocket and the run remind me of Rodgers a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmMa5Nv2zoI

Edited by Triple Threat

I am now turning back to a guy I was touting earlier this year in Tyler Bray.

I'm curious why you preferred Landry Jones in the first if you think Bray is the most talented QB in this year's draft class. Did you just think Jones was more NFL ready in year 1 than Bray? I ask because I don't know much about him.

With the exception of MAYBE Geno Smith, there are no franchise QB's in this years draft. Accept it, because it's true.

The gold in this year's draft is at the LB, and S positions.

Reaching for a QB at this juncture in Bills history is a TERRIBLE, idea. We missed on R. Wilson Last year, and that was that.

Grab a couple of safeties. Rebuild the linebacker corp. Pick up a stop-gap veteran. -We could even give Vince Young another chance!

This is such a SLAM DUNK, -Please Russ, Doug, Buddy. DON'T MESS THIS UP!!!!!

I think we can now say it'll be Ryan Nassib. Hopefully in the 2nd round and not a ridiculous reach in the first.

Comments like this are hilarious. You don't think it could also work the other way? As in, Marrone knows exactly what he does (or doesn't) have in Nassib so he knows to avoid him?

Glennon...Marrone will fix his flaws. Big arm ,Accurate when has time. Great deep throws. T.J. was with him his last year.

I live in Charlotte NC where there are a plethora of NC State grads. They are shocked Glennon is getting this kind of attention, because he is scared to throw deep. They say he can throw the ball 75 yards, but choses to throw it 5 too much.