Gil Brandt on Romo

Perhaps. I guess maybe I should rephrase. If I was a general manager and was offered Tony Romo for a 1st round pick, i'd immediately hang up the phone. I'd counter offer with a 5th. Romo isn't winning any superbowls and if you invest a first round pick on a QB, that's exactly what you are expecting, a superbowl winning QB.

Fair enough.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nfl.com/n...ter-latest-loss

How do you value a guy like this (Top 5 arm, big numbers, Into his 30's, big game track record)? Keep in mind what the asinine Raiders paid for Carson Palmer.

Would this be a suitable guy to have as we develop the next QB underneath?

I think you have a nice 3-4 years with Romo. New spot, smaller market, less pressure.

I think we're a 10 win team with Romo this minute.

Big arm, mobility, throwing on the run. Paired with our backs and OL.

Do you give up our 1 this year straight up for Romo?

no way am I trading any picks for Romo, if he gets cut maybe pick him up. If we don't get Landry Jones or Tyler Wilson I'd rather we go after Flaco and draft a guy next year.

Giving up a 1st rounder for Romo is a desperation move because it's pretty clear the Cowboys want to get rid of him. On top of that, he's a choker.

That being said, I wouldn't be angry if the Bills traded a package of late picks and/or a middling player. Romo can at least perform well in games he's supposed to win.

Edited by jeremy2020

i think yall have lost your minds. id take romo in a heartbeat for a first. sure hes had some big game failures but much of that is just the roll of the dice. hes been one of the best qbs in the league for the past half decade and would instantly make this a playoff level team. somebody is going to give the girls that pick for him, i wouldnt mind at all if it were us

romo and rivers are the same QB---its not a matter if they screw up its a matter of when.

They would both drive us insane and be driven out of town in a couple years.

Just having good arms doesnt make QBs. These guys are proof.

It would be a waste of time,waste of seasons w either of these guys.

Or just incoherent. A 5th for romo. Too funny

Incoherent? Look, tell me you don't like my firm, you don't like my idea, or you don't like my necktie, but for gods sake don't tell me you'd trade a first round draft pick for tony romo.

It's probably a moot point, but if he does get traded its wont be for more than a third round draft pick. I can promise you that.

This isn't fantasy football were talking about. Sure, romo has great stats, but he just doesn't get the job done when it counts.

Edited by dubs

i think yall have lost your minds. id take romo in a heartbeat for a first. sure hes had some big game failures but much of that is just the roll of the dice. hes been one of the best qbs in the league for the past half decade and would instantly make this a playoff level team. somebody is going to give the girls that pick for him, i wouldnt mind at all if it were us

I second that. While I'd try and get it done with a 2nd or combination of non-1st rd picks, if it came down to it, I'd give up the 8th pick for him. There aren't many options out there. Behind a better Oline and a great running game, I think Romo would work out just fine for a few years. Draft a QB to groom and I'd be happy. Sure, he chokes a lot in big games, but he's always in big games. And he's in big games because he's good. The bills on the other hand, have only had one big game in the last 12 years. Mainly because our QBs aren't good enough to lead the team to one.

I second that. While I'd try and get it done with a 2nd or combination of non-1st rd picks, if it came down to it, I'd give up the 8th pick for him. There aren't many options out there. Behind a better Oline and a great running game, I think Romo would work out just fine for a few years. Draft a QB to groom and I'd be happy. Sure, he chokes a lot in big games, but he's always in big games. And he's in big games because he's good. The bills on the other hand, have only had one big game in the last 12 years. Mainly because our QBs aren't good enough to lead the team to one.

he is a royal choker--thats not gonna change at his age. a big reason Dallas hasnt advanced is his consistent choking. That said--of course he is better than what we have now. But it would be a waste of years if we brought him in. Lets get a guy who is not proven to be a habitual choker. Thats better than getting a guy who will imporve us from 6-10 to 8-8.

Look, he's got one year left on his deal. He's going to be 33 when the season starts in 2013. He's been starting QB for a marquee NFL franchise since 2006 and has won 1 playoff game. Time and time again he's collapsed under pressure. He just had 3 interceptions in the final game to decide the NFC east title.

He's got measurables, puts up stats, is a top 10 fantasy QB, but not someone you trade a first round pick for and build a franchise around. Not even close.

Incoherent? Look, tell me you don't like my firm, you don't like my idea, or you don't like my necktie, but for gods sake don't tell me you'd trade a first round draft pick for tony romo.

It's probably a moot point, but if he does get traded its wont be for more than a third round draft pick. I can promise you that.

This isn't fantasy football were talking about. Sure, romo has great stats, but he just doesn't get the job done when it counts.

Once again, you're insane.

If he gets traded it wont be for less than two 2nd rounders.