Gil Brandt on Romo

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000120457/article/tony-romo-dallas-cowboys-should-part-ways-after-latest-loss

How do you value a guy like this (Top 5 arm, big numbers, Into his 30's, big game track record)? Keep in mind what the asinine Raiders paid for Carson Palmer.

Would this be a suitable guy to have as we develop the next QB underneath?

I think you have a nice 3-4 years with Romo. New spot, smaller market, less pressure.

I think we're a 10 win team with Romo this minute.

Big arm, mobility, throwing on the run. Paired with our backs and OL.

Do you give up our 1 this year straight up for Romo?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nfl.com/n...ter-latest-loss

How do you value a guy like this (Top 5 arm, big numbers, Into his 30's, big game track record)? Keep in mind what the asinine Raiders paid for Carson Palmer.

I think you have a nice 3-4 years with Romo. New spot, smaller market, less pressure.

If any team traded a number 1 pick for Romo that GM should be fired immediately. I think you could get Romo for a 5th or so, especially since there is no chance the Cowboys can bring Romo back under the circumstances. If we traded a 5th for Romo and asked him to compete for the starting job and also drafted a young QB to bring along, I'd be pretty happy with that.

I think you could get Romo for a 5th or so, especially since there is no chance the Cowboys can bring Romo back under the circumstances. If we traded a 5th for Romo and asked him to compete for the starting job and also drafted a young QB to bring along, I'd be pretty happy with that.

You're insane.

Signed for one more season......Dallas was talking extension mid-season.

2013: 11.5 Mil with an 18.5 Cap#

Keep in mind, another teams cap hit wouldn't be the same, correct?

I'd also assume if traded its come with a new deal.

Hah. What part of that is insane? You think that a team is going to give up a first round pick for Tony Romo?? There is absolutely no chance, none.

I think there is a better chance a team gives up a 1st rounder than a 5th rounder. The Cowboys wouldn't trade him for even a 3rd rounder. Thats just insane.

I think there is a better chance a team gives up a 1st rounder than a 5th rounder. The Cowboys wouldn't trade him for even a 3rd rounder. Thats just insane.

Perhaps. I guess maybe I should rephrase. If I was a general manager and was offered Tony Romo for a 1st round pick, i'd immediately hang up the phone. I'd counter offer with a 5th. Romo isn't winning any superbowls and if you invest a first round pick on a QB, that's exactly what you are expecting, a superbowl winning QB.

No... Dallas trades Romo and their 1st, 2nd, & 3rd round pick in exchange for the Bills giving up the 8th pick. Bills would be taking a huge gamble on Romo. He can take you to the edge, he's proven that, but he ain't in elite status.

I agree with your post and yes I would give a 1st rd pick for Romo. He has had some let downs, but has performed well for the most part. The Cowboys O-line is very weak and his receivers constantly run the wrong routes. He and Fitz aren't even close on talent. I feel that if we traded for Romo, that we instantly become a playoff team.