2 best choices for HC

RCOHEN13

I have a strong feeling that firing Gailey was a mistake. I can't argue that the results he had warranted keeping him, and I'm not really looking to argue with the vast majority who think "good riddance," but I just think we are going to realize after he's gone how much he was able to get out of mostly mediocre offensive personnel.

The defense is another story, or course. But I remember how under Jauron the Bills struggled to score 13 points a game. I think we may see a return to those days, at least for a while.

Would be either Kyle Shanahan or Chip Kelly.. The NFL is a different game nowadays and these 2 guys especially Shanahan with his work with the Washington offense and RG3 would give us a coach that can be dynamic on offense.. Shanahan is in early 30's and been coaching for 9+ years already... Obviously grew up in football cuz of his pops and is ready to be his own man... i would LOVE to see Kyle get a shot... Chip Kelly is a pipe dream cuz if he did make the leap to the NFL, it would not be here even though the key to his offense is speed and Spiller would put up Madden type numbers in his offense..

I'm voting for Lovie Smith as my top choice. He is a guy that will help immediately and is a players coach. He's a guy that wants to be here.

How old was Tomlin when he went to the Steelers?

The Tomlin situation is a little more unique. Tomlin was made the HC of the Steelers just a year removed from their Super bowl win. They had the #1 defense and a franchise QB and in his six seasons had continued to have that same core group of players. Tomlin running the bills would have been not much different from our current success. Tomlin and his personnel department have had poor drafts in the recent past and the steelers are slowly losing their depth/edge. The only reason they were even in playoff contention is that they have a never-say-never franchise QB who can make great plays instead of a horrible OL.

McCoy is intriguing to me...completely changed the Denver offense to turn Tebow into a winner. That takes skill, my friends, because Tebow stinks.

Was that more of the Denver Defense being very good ? Just asking.

No and No...I live in Portland and Kelly is an ass. He is a dick to the media. The Ducks are going to get nailed by the NCAA for paying for players. His system will not work in the NFL. He can't even keep his college QB's healthy. He really is a pompous jerk. Makes daddy Shanahan look like a saint.

Sounds like that guy that coaches in New England, bring him in!

Would be either Kyle Shanahan or Chip Kelly.. The NFL is a different game nowadays and these 2 guys especially Shanahan with his work with the Washington offense and RG3 would give us a coach that can be dynamic on offense.. Shanahan is in early 30's and been coaching for 9+ years already... Obviously grew up in football cuz of his pops and is ready to be his own man... i would LOVE to see Kyle get a shot... Chip Kelly is a pipe dream cuz if he did make the leap to the NFL, it would not be here even though the key to his offense is speed and Spiller would put up Madden type numbers in his offense..

You lost me at Kyle Shanahan.

Chip Kelly's resume is looking pretty good. There appears to be a lot of interest in him too. I just think the Bills need a good defensive coach and a couple more players. The offense though....they need a QB and some real receivers......maybe a TE. If Chan can't fix this offense, then the talent needs to be improved.

I was reading an article about fast paced offenses. NE is leading the league in the number of snaps per season by a pretty wide margin. Chip Kelly has been doing the same thing. His Oregon team likes running and can put up big points. CJ would thrive under this guy. I want a dominant defense more than anything, but all season I have watched the Bills offense slowly approach the line like they are going for a Sunday stroll. I have many times watched this happen even when the team is down by 20 points and not see any urgency until the we're down to the 2 minute mark.

We need a coach and we need more talent. The good news is we are in better shape now IMHO than when Gailey first arrived here. Hopefully an innovative coach can make an impact. Hopefully a few additions to the roster will also help.