Marc Trestman is HC of Bears

kellysheroes

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seemed to me he went north to get some head coaching experience, not sure if he would take an OC job without exhausting all possibilities for a HC job at the nfl level.

Obviously.

FWIW:

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham

Well-placed source tells me Bills have no interview scheduled with Bears candidate Marc Trestman.

He got schooled by his old OC in the playoffs this year, but he does have a good offensive mind.

He didn't draw up that awful endzone drop in the semis.

Anyways, Trestman-Milanovich wouldn't look any worse than Smith-Hue Jackson.

Well at least someone is doing their homework , maybe this will get the Bills FO to also take a look north seeing as they do play a canadian series once a year . HELLO B/Lo !!

Is this guy that big of a secret ? I can't believe that our team being the only team for the last 4 or 5 seasons haven't looked closer into the CFL , with the Flutie connection & Trestman being one of Jim Kelly's volunteer coaches.

Maybe this will wake them up to the fact . It's not like the gut is a complete stranger to the NFL & if you look further into him he has coached some pretty impressive QB's while in the NFL.

The Chicago Bears will interview Montreal Alouettes coach Marc Trestman, two people informed of the Bears plans told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport.

Trestman had 17 years of NFL experience when he took the Montreal job before the 2008 season. The Alouettes advanced to three title games and won two championships under Trestman. He coached a variety of offensive positions with the Minnesota Vikings, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cleveland Browns, San Francisco 49ers, Detroit Lions, Arizona Cardinals, Miami Dolphins and was the Oakland Raiders' offensive coordinator from 2001-03.

Lets Go BILLS hope your paying attention Mr. Brandon let's get a winner in here ...

I really thought this guy would never get a shot. He seemed to be nothing more than a name that was always mentioned, but never someone that got interviewed. I hope he does a good job for the Bears. Can't imagine what would have happened here if Russ had hired him after his "World Class talent" speech.

Curious how no retreads are getting jobs.

PTR

Effectively Jim Caldwell, Romeo Crennel, and Lovie Smith are all out of a job so far... and now no new replacement minority hires. This leaves just three- Lewis, Tomlin, and Frazier. It seems as if the Rooney Rule has become a colossal failure, and teams are reverting back to business as usual. I know I can't be the only one noticing this trend...

Whatever happens with the Bears, Cleveland, Jax and others, I feel great that the Bills for once are leading the pack. We had our pick of coordinators while other teams play catch up. Pettine would have been a hot commodity but we snapped him up. Kudos to RB for moving quickly and decisively to remake this team.

Whatever happens with the Bears, Cleveland, Jax and others, I feel great that the Bills for once are leading the pack. We had our pick of coordinators while other teams play catch up. Pettine would have been a hot commodity but we snapped him up. Kudos to RB for moving quickly and decisively to remake this team.

Amazingly Jacksonville just fired Mularkey yesterday. They have yet to hire a coach.

Again, there's no assurance that being the early bird will get the fattest worm but it sure does help.

For context:

Gailey was hired on January 19th.

Marrone was hired on January 6th.

Today is January 11th.

Effectively Jim Caldwell, Romeo Crennel, and Lovie Smith are all out of a job so far... and now no new replacement minority hires. This leaves just three- Lewis, Tomlin, and Frazier. It seems as if the Rooney Rule has become a colossal failure, and teams are reverting back to business as usual. I know I can't be the only one noticing this trend...

What about the dude in Az. Horton he may be the next HC down there , plus there are still 5 other HC jobs to be filled so this along with the Trestman report could be a bit premature !

I can't for the life of me figure why we didn't even interview Trestman ? With the Toronto thing & all he would have been a home run !!

They were talking about the Bears search the other day on NFL radio. Basically said it is a run-away train and that the GM seems content to just interview everyone that can spell the word football. It was concerning in that a good front office usually makes a change when they already have 3 or 4 names that they know they want to go after before they proceed down the road of firing people. The irony is that the Bears best option could have been argued to re-hire Lovie Smith!