Marc Trestman is HC of Bears

kellysheroes

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Trestman.

This is already being discussed in another thread.

I would be worried about his ability to put together a good staff.

Who would he hire as his DC?

But as a coach, I love Trestman.

As a CEO, I'm a bit less sure.

sums it up.

also, would the average fan be sold on him (or free agent, or coordinator... which as you mention are bigger issues).

im roughly familiar with him but not totally sold on his connections around the league.

I like Trestman.

This is already being discussed in another thread.

I would be worried about his ability to put together a good staff.

Who would he hire as his DC?

But as a coach, I love Trestman.

As a CEO, I'm a bit less sure.

Sounds great to me and he is a huge fan of Tim Tebow.....in fact I believe that Montreal owns the CFL rights to Tebow. Just sayin'....lol.

Link to article

I don't think Trestman would be a good hire... Have there been any coaches that went from the CFL to the NFL and had success?

Two that immediately come to mind are Marv Levy and Bud Grant.

Coincidentally both took their teams to 4 Super Bowls.

You know the rest.

I'm not concerned about Trestman's CFL experience as much as I wonder if he'd be able to assemble a good NFL staff.

If you're looking for a coach that displays and exudes as much emmotion and enthusiasm as Dick Jauron and Chan Gailey, then Trestman is your man.

Bills need a coach that oozes a passion for the game and gets this team exited about playing instead of just showing up on Sundays and after the game wondering and espousing what went wrong.

If you're looking for a coach that displays and exudes as much emmotion and enthusiasm as Dick Jauron and Chan Gailey, then Trestman is your man.

Bills need a coach that oozes a passion for the game and gets this team exited about playing instead of just showing up on Sundays and after the game wondering and espousing what went wrong.

I would have to agree completely. Of course Nick Saban isn't a rah rah guy, but I would take him over most the form pro HC retreads.

Two that immediately come to mind are Marv Levy and Bud Grant.

Coincidentally both took their teams to 4 Super Bowls.

You know the rest.

I'm not concerned about Trestman's CFL experience as much as I wonder if he'd be able to assemble a good NFL staff.

That is the question, would he assemble a good staff. That is the key.

sums it up.

also, would the average fan be sold on him (or free agent, or coordinator... which as you mention are bigger issues).

im roughly familiar with him but not totally sold on his connections around the league.

You need to study his history in the NFL & the connections he has had the guy is perfect for what we need here. He was a volunteer coach on the Miami team when Kelly was there.

He & Marv Levy bot coached the Alouettes to 2 Grey Cup Championships , his being 2 consecutive. He was in San Fran & a QB coach for Steve Young was there & worked under George Seifert , he was the QB coach in Detroit when Scott Mitchell had his best year as a QB, the guy is a great coach i just hope that the Bills at least talk to the guy this time.

Plus he is well respected around the NFL by coaches & players alike , Teabow & Brandon Weedon looked him up when entering the NFL to help him with their throwing mechanics the guy is Money !!

He has won championships in the CFL but has yet to have a HCing job in the NFL this would be the perfect time for him to make his Marc in the NFL as a HC .

Check out his Wiki page & pull up some of the articles on the guy i think all will take a liking to this guy !!

Edited by T master

You need to study his history in the NFL & the connections he has had the guy is perfect for what we need here. He was a volunteer coach on the Miami team when Kelly was there.

He & Marv Levy bot coached the Alouettes to 2 Grey Cup Championships , his being 2 consecutive. He was in San Fran & a QB coach for Steve Young was there & worked under George Seifert , he was the QB coach in Detroit when Scott Mitchell had his best year as a QB, the guy is a great coach i just hope that the Bills at least talk to the guy this time.

Plus he is well respected around the NFL by coaches & players alike , Teabow & Brandon Weedon looked him up when entering the NFL to help him with their throwing mechanics the guy is Money !!

He has won championships in the CFL but has yet to have a HCing job in the NFL this would be the perfect time for him to make his Marc in the NFL as a HC .

Check out his Wiki page & pull up some of the articles on the guy i think all will take a liking to this guy !!

What has he done since the move away from leather helmets?

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

Trestman also has OC interest. Not sure from where

THIS, is significant.

His family still lives in Raleigh full time I believe. Maybe he's finally ready to make his return to the NFL.

This would be exciting news for whichever team he lands with.

Lovie Smith + Marc Trestman?

Ray Horton + Marc Trestman?

Trestman's name has entered the conversation for an NFL HC job:

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

As I just said on @nflnetwork's #GameDayMorning: #Bears will interview Montreal Alouettes coach Marc Trestman. #wildcard #Canada

Ou si le français, s'il vous plaît

PASCAL SAINT-DENIS@PSaintDenis

Selon @RapSheet de @nflnetwork les Bears de Chicago vont convoquer Marc Trestman pour le poste d'entraîneur-chef. #Alouettes

Retweeted by Ian Rapoport

Lovie Smith/Trestman

or Smith/Hue Jackson

Will work for the Bills

Edited by BRAWNDO