Andy Reid next HC? (update: may go to Cardinals)

Michael Lombardi said that the Bills are the perfect fit for Reid. Reid would be an upgrade for the Bills and he has found QBs, yes he never won the big one but he cleary built winning teams in Philadelphia.

Don't forget its hard to win in the NFL or so I have been told.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Reid's name has already started being thrown around as a coach Bills fans want to be the next hc. Well, he has a bad track record with time management AND his love of the passing game (almost forgetting the running game). Seems we just got rid of a coach that does those, why would we want a coach who is the same in that respect. Bills fans would B word about his time management and forgoing the run, just as we bitched about Gailey's lack of time management and pass happy offense.

One comparison to hiring Reid and Gailey is, Reid has a decade and a half as a head coach and several more years as an assistant almost all of which were successful and winning-cant say that about Gailey at all.

This garbage about Reid ignoring the run is maddening. While he does pass more than most he often uses short passes to the HB in place of hand-offs. People who think we should hand off to Spiller 25+ times a game don't understand how to use a player like that. He's a home run hitter who is best utilized in draws, sweeps, stretch plays, etc. You need another back to consistently run between the tackles. He's most productive when he has around a dozen carries per game. What's important is using him at the right time & right way. Reid did pretty well w/ Brian Westbrook, I think he'd do fine w/ CJ.

:wallbash: :wallbash: Good coaches are hard to find in the NFL. I would rather than an Andy Reid than a retread like Chan Gailey any day.

Not a fan of the WCO. Also, I think you could say the Eagles declined after McNabb left. Where was this great QB development ability then?

Not a fan of the WCO. Also, I think you could say the Eagles declined after McNabb left. Where was this great QB development ability then?

They got Vick, developed Kolb to the point where they could trade him and developed the new guy enough to bench Vick. Ironically, Bills o line acquisitions didn't help the Eagles terrible o line play. The Bills haven't come remotely close to this type of development in 30 years or more.

They got Vick, developed Kolb to the point where they could trade him and developed the new guy enough to bench Vick. Ironically, Bills o line acquisitions didn't help the Eagles terrible o line play. The Bills haven't come remotely close to this type of development in 30 years or more.

And they got good play out of a 4th round rookie QB.

A lot of things went wrong at the end for Reid but QB play was hardly the issue.

He's one of the very top QB gurus in the NFL.

Mort reporting on Mike and Mike that the chiefs have made a strong offer and are trying to keep him in the building.

sounds like they have a good shot (and that we may hear conflicting reports about his intentions and location, ala the mario williams signing the next day or two)

actual question (relevant not because i care about the rule but trying to gather info on reids status).... Did the chiefs interview a rooney rule candidate already?

:wallbash: :wallbash: Good coaches are hard to find in the NFL. I would rather than an Andy Reid than a retread like Chan Gailey any day.

And Reid is not a "retread"?

They "Developped" Kolb by making him look good enough to be an attractive piece of trade bait. He hasn't looked great since leaving Philly. I think your using the word "developped" wrong, when you should be saying "Gets the most out of what he has to work with"

I really would not want to see Reid picked to coach here, I just think he is overrated. He was handed a 'dream team" of top FAs and crumbled since McNabb was pushed out of town.

Mort reporting on Mike and Mike that the chiefs have made a strong offer and are trying to keep him in the building.

sounds like they have a good shot (and that we may hear conflicting reports about his intentions and location, ala the mario williams signing the next day or two)

actual question (relevant not because i care about the rule but trying to gather info on reids status).... Did the chiefs interview a rooney rule candidate already?

They interviewed Atlanta ST coach Keith Armstrong.

Andy Reid Meets with Kansas City Chiefs for Nine Hours

If there was any doubt, however, Reid's Kansas City interview cements the fact that he is one of the biggest fish in this market, and before the coaching carousel comes to a stop he could have his choice of seats.

I don't think this could possibly be true. They didn't even mention Buffalo! :pirate: