Jim Haslett

jumbalaya

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is doing a phenomenal job with Washington D. Did a good job at HC at New Orleans. He is a player's coach. I would not mind him at all. Wife is from Clarence.

I think what raises his stock is his D performances are really good while he does not have a lot of talent to go with

not much liked in new orleans. so i dont know that id call it a good job that he did.

created a pretty toxic atmosphere with his ultimate undoing being that he knocked up a cheerleader and used team funds to pay her off... then he and the gm lied to benson about it. varying degrees of confirmation on all that but its pretty common place story in the new orleans fan base.

So did Bill Belichek before the Pats. For that matter Tom Coughlin too

fired and failed are not the same thing.

coughlin took the expansion jags to the conference championship game twice and was coach of the year once. not a total flop.

hasletts not the worst ever but would not be a big fan of the interview taking place.

Edited by NoSaint

NOoo. With a list of solid choices, he makes no sense. Here is a list in no particular order: (there are others I've forgott, this is just off the top of my head).

1) Chip Kelly

2) Gruden

3) Pat O'Brien

4) Doug Marrone (and bring the Cuse D Coordinator who shut down L-Ville and WVU also please).

5) Andy Reid

A bit of fan reaction from new orleans posters reflecting on his HC stint:

Let's review Haslett's career very quickly:

-Promoted to DC in Pittsburgh when they already had a top rated defense. Every year under his tenure they dropped in ranking and gave up more yards. When he left, the Pitt defense improved.

-Haslett becomes HC with Saints, puts together a good first year and a playoff appearance and is "Coach of the Year". After that it's football follies as he lies to and alienates many players (e.g. Roaf), coddles Aaron Brooks, has an affair with a cheerleader leading to a hush money scandal that gets Randy Meuller fired.

Haslett, a defensive "guru" is never able to draft or field a LB in N.O. that can ven be conisidered "average" by NFL standards and allows Rick Venturi to coach a fairly incosistent and porous defense. Overall, this defensive guru presides over a series of poor defenses.

His teams were undisciplined and erratic and he refused to own up to and move on from a poor QB decision. In fact, he refused to own up to anything ever, always with an excuse.

He is doing a phenomenal job with Washington D. Did a good job at HC at New Orleans. He is a player's coach. I would not mind him at all. Wife is from Clarence.

And ur basing that on what last nights game?

Overall skins defense has not been good all year

Ill pass on Haslett who would be yet another retread