Bills QB of the Future

Rob's House

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Murray has had a great college career, an awesome season, plays in a conference with the big boys, and completed a couple really nice looking deep balls today that were spot on. I think he's moving up my list and would be ecstatic to get him in the 2nd.

Murray will go in the 1st. Mark my words.

NONE OF THE QB'S IN THIS DRAFT ARE WORTH A DAMN. THEY SHOULD EITHER KEEP FITZ OR SIGN MIKE VICK. I WOULD'NT DRAFT A QB IN THE FIRST TWO ROUNDS.

This post just bleeds ignorance. On so many levels.

Mike Glennon is trash, I'm sorry but this is exactly what Buffalo does not need. And Jason Campell or Alex Smith would just be downright awful teams. These are the exact type of moves that make us the Bills year after year after year. Jason Campbell has the Trent Edwards/JP Losman complex, where he's just too scared all the time. Alex Smith is just average, not horrible by any means but nothing to go after and build a team around. Glennon has thrown 30 picks in the past 2 seasons, and he's not even in the PAC 12 or SEC or BIG 10. I say we go after a QB that's been around for about 3-5yrs who just hasn't gotten a real honest shot but has the intangibles.

because EJ Manuel is awful and could't hit water sitting in a boat. Did you watch FSU this year, they won often in-spite of EJ.

If EJ Manuel is awful then I want me some of that awfulness...LOL

He looked very good last night and as of right now I still think he should be considered for the Bills pick at #8. I still don't know what people don't like about him. If connecting on 68% of your passes is horrible then I'd like to hear which QB you'd like for the Bills and who's so much more accurate than Manuel.

The best 2 performances in the bowl season were Tajh Boyd and Aaron Murray. Boyd played his tail off against arguably the best defense in college football. He showed outstanding poise under fire, accuracy and a will to win. This is the type of QB the Bills need and hopefully are considering. Save what all the "experts" have to say about the kid, just watch his game tapes. The kid is a straight baller!

The best 2 performances in the bowl season were Tajh Boyd and Aaron Murray.

By far.

The next question is how much weight to give those performances in the context of an entire college career.

Certainly Cordy Glenn finished his career very strongly, acquitting himself in big games at the end of his Georgia career.

This is mock draft that looks awesome!

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/42244/344/postseason-mock-draft

8. Buffalo Bills (6-10) -- QB Tajh Boyd, Clemson

No quarterback, or perhaps prospect at any position, has improved off their 2011 tape more than Boyd. His bowl game capped it, but Boyd is so much more comfortable in the pocket and stands up against interior pressure if he can’t evade it. Some will question his height, but I think his quick release, ability to find lanes, and downfield arm overcome a lot of questions. It helps that he can run the read option, too.

If EJ Manuel is awful then I want me some of that awfulness...LOL

He looked very good last night and as of right now I still think he should be considered for the Bills pick at #8. I still don't know what people don't like about him. If connecting on 68% of your passes is horrible then I'd like to hear which QB you'd like for the Bills and who's so much more accurate than Manuel.

The guy has great tools to work with, he's not a finished product by any means but he's an intriguing prospect. Sometimes he's oblivious of pressure but he can make all the throws necessary. I view him as a poor's man Newton with better off the field persona.

I say we go after a QB that's been around for about 3-5yrs who just hasn't gotten a real honest shot but has the intangibles.

These 3-5 years in waiting don't grow on trees...If they were so good, they would have already started for their current team. Your FA/Trade options may be Alex Smith or Flynn.

The best 2 performances in the bowl season were Tajh Boyd and Aaron Murray. Boyd played his tail off against arguably the best defense in college football. He showed outstanding poise under fire, accuracy and a will to win. This is the type of QB the Bills need and hopefully are considering. Save what all the "experts" have to say about the kid, just watch his game tapes. The kid is a straight baller!

I also watched Boyd . To me,he looked like a robot. Glennon still throws the ball the best of any. Poor setup on those picks.He also had alot of drops,like he has had all year. Boyd is really stiff. No Q.B. has me impressed at these bowl games.

thank god none of us are gm's everyone has a different take on this page.

i see some aaron murray bashing? this blows my mind, he looked amazing from the 2-3 games i watched.

boyd looks like a robot? is that good? the robot sure played a perfect game vs Lsu FWIW.

ej manuel definetly has some raw tools. im not sure what to think about him.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

thank god none of us are gm's everyone has a different take on this page.

i see some aaron murray bashing? this blows my mind, he looked amazing from the 2-3 games i watched.

boyd looks like a robot? is that good? the robot sure played a perfect game vs Lsu FWIW.

ej manuel definetly has some raw tools. im not sure what to think about him.

As with the head coaching search, there are drawbacks to every college draft eligible QB you can mention for who'd they consider drafting in rd 1 or 2.

I'm not getting into the name calling or mocking other people's QB favorites because it literally is a crap shoot unless you have a "slam dunk" Luck or RGIII available when you draft. I personally really like the upside and potential of EJ Manuel. Is he a boom or bust? Yes, but I'm not looking for an above average talent like Andy Dalton. I'm looking for a potential elite QB, and Manuel has the athletic skill set to be just that. I kind of get a Steve McNair franchise QB vibe from him.

One thing I found out about Manuel is that just before the season started he learned that his Mom had breast cancer. Considering that he had a good and productive season, that tells me that there's a good chance he's mentally strong. With the exception of the Florida game when he broke down on the field when his Mom came out to greet him on senior day. So maybe that had an impact on his bad performance that day, but he is still a college kid and that is totally understandable to get caught up like that under those circumstances.

It's going to be hilarious when a few guys from this class become pro bowlers and playoff QB because the experts say it's such a bad class. There probably isn't a Luck or RG3 but it might be a deeper overall class. Really interested in Barkley, Smith, Boyd, Murray, and Nassiq.