good measuring stick for Geno Smith

RCOHEN13

Given his lackluster performance today, Geno Smith may actually be there when the Bills pick. This Chiefs board's enthusiasm went south quickly…

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268134

I think the Bills may have received a big break with today's game and Smith looking underwhelming. I don't care about today, I would seriously consider drafting Smith on potential alone. Drafting a top ten QB is not as bad as it was in the old days when mistakes were magnified due to the money given to rookie QBs. Do what Washington did, draft Smith then another QB in the 3rd or 4th as insurance and a backup plan.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone in their right mind has thought he is the no 1 overall. I think he laid an egg against every decent team they played this year.

He laid an egg vs WVU laid an egg isn't the same thing. He's had good games against teams that were much better than his.

He's laid a few eggs too, but....

yeah, I wasn't serious with that comparison

Oh I know.... But I was waiting for people to chime in seriously

Edited by NoSaint

Ah yes, Bowl Season! The time of year when people say "I dont watch much college football, but based on this one game, this guy is..."

And that's the Baylor game!!! 8 touchdowns!!!

Oh wait, that's the crowd who want to spend a top 5 pick on him while ignoring his mediocre performance since September.

I don't think anyone in their right mind has thought he is the no 1 overall. I think he laid an egg against every decent team they played this year.

There's a fairly large contingent of people on here that think Geno will go first overall. His actual performances have not swayed their opinion from the beginning of the season. I don't think people have been able to look beyond this:

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=322730277

Lets shoot it straight - he's still over 71% completion, over 4000 yards, 8+ yards per, 40 tds - 6 ints and 164 rating.

With not wildly different numbers last year.

And a strong showing the year before

And with the eye test - has a strong enough for the nfl, accurate arm.

It's not like he only played 1 good game. He's not a gimme, but he has a lot of positives on his résumé.

Edited by NoSaint

Given his lackluster performance today, Geno Smith may actually be there when the Bills pick. This Chiefs board's enthusiasm went south quickly…

http://www.chiefspla...ad.php?t=268134

I think the Bills may have received a big break with today's game and Smith looking underwhelming. I don't care about today, I would seriously consider drafting Smith on potential alone. Drafting a top ten QB is not as bad as it was in the old days when mistakes were magnified due to the money given to rookie QBs. Do what Washington did, draft Smith then another QB in the 3rd or 4th as insurance and a backup plan.

Man, those Chiefs fans really love Geno. They completely **** on anyone who said anything bad about him.

Lets shoot it straight - he's still over 71% completion, over 4000 yards, 8+ yards per, 40 tds - 6 ints and 164 rating.

With not wildly different numbers last year.

And a strong showing the year before

And with the eye test - has a strong enough for the nfl, accurate arm.

It's not like he only played 1 good game. He's not a gimme, but he has a lot of positives on his résumé.

Good post. Nice to see someone with an actual grasp of what scouts will be considering. Word is that Smith lost confidence and was hesitating on making throws that were there to be made after the K State game. Defenses really pressured the middle of the field on him and he stopped making those throws into tight windows like he had previously. That is correctable.

Scouts are also in love with his game against LSU last year. He made one of the best secondaries in the land look silly.

And when coaches interview him he's going to blow them away with his grasp of the game. Most knuck-knucks won't appreciate that until they see him on ESPN with Jon Gruden.

GO BILLS!!!

Good post. Nice to see someone with an actual grasp of what scouts will be considering. Word is that Smith lost confidence and was hesitating on making throws that were there to be made after the K State game. Defenses really pressured the middle of the field on him and he stopped making those throws into tight windows like he had previously. That is correctable.

Scouts are also in love with his game against LSU last year. He made one of the best secondaries in the land look silly.

And when coaches interview him he's going to blow them away with his grasp of the game. Most knuck-knucks won't appreciate that until they see him on ESPN with Jon Gruden.

GO BILLS!!!

Yep. And if his defense wasn't JV quality you would have seen a big win over Oklahoma. That was a hell of a shootout.

??? Most draftniks has him rated as their #1 QB...Why not overall? Losing big games didn't equate to him having a bad game. Most of the time it came down to their defense being unable to stop anyone. Although today was a bad audition there are more to the resume. IMO there isn't a QB worthy in top 20 (including the stiff from NC State), my choice would be in this order OLB/ MLB, QB, whatever LB I didn't get in the first with the 3rd round and another QB later in the draft (5-6).

Yep. And if his defense wasn't JV quality you would have seen a big win over Oklahoma. That was a hell of a shootout.

His O-Line has been brutal as well. Texas, K State, Texas Tech really exposed how bad that line is.

GO BILLS!!!

Did he complete a pass downfield at all today? Every one I saw was nearly a lateral or some sort of screen pass. Nassib wasn't fantastic either but he had some drops mixed in. The deep ball I saw him throw was underwhelming.

I didn't see anyone who jumpedoff the screen as the guy I have to have. Nassib faced a terrible defense and was decent. Smith faced and average defense and didn't do much of anything.

For me, the weather was highly relevant. We need to have a guy who can perform when the ball is wet and slick and there is some sort of wind. If you can throw a ball when it's wet you can throw it when it's dry.

Is this really where you want to go? Are you accusing those who are unimpressed by the kid of racism, let alone people that you do not know? Is so, that is lame and shallow.If not I'm sorry, and ask you to explain what you are saying.

Well Bill, you've been on here as long as I have and read many of the ridiculous comments posted about the "black" QB. Just check the post topics and you'll see why I'm so sick of negative comments regarding them. Posts like "Russell Wilson will never be elite". Just read the garbage and you'll see why I'm going there!