good measuring stick for Geno Smith

RCOHEN13

Terrible is relative. His team has. He's been... Good but not the greatest? Not a single game with a sub-100 rating.

Vs ranked teams he's 72.5%, 9+ yards per, 17 td and 4 ints (according to espn)

only place his stats get messy is down 3+ scores - and yes his D did put him in some holes - otherwise all his splits are 60+ completion percentage, good yardage, etc.... Just hasn't been able to put that team on his back once in the hole late.

I def agree with you about his team also having one of the worst defenses in the nation this year thus making life tougher for Geno in a one dimensional offense. I guess what I am trying to say about Geno is I don't think he is a bad qb, I think he has a lot of potential but still don't feel like he warrants an early pick. I think he is pretty close to all of the other qb prospects in the draft maybe slightly ahead of some. Like I have been saying for a while now I won't be mad if the bills draft him because of him falling to us but I will be very pissed off if they trade up for him and waste draft picks that we need to fix this pathetic defense. Oh and about the putting the team on his back thing, that's a big deal to me when looking for what i hope is the bills next Jim Kelly. I personally think leadership wont be a problem for him at the next level cause he seems to play with a lot of passion and isn't a showboater punk(like cam newton or how cutler can be with his o-line) so he will get quick respect in the locker room for those two qualities.

Edited by DocLawless

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grab Landry Jones in the First & Nassib in the second. 3rd & 4rd grab the best available LB's. trade 6 & 7 to move back into the 3rd and Grab a third LB. Its a crap shoot anyway. We need 2 QBs & 3 LBS..

Waaay too high to be drafting Landry IMO. He is a mid first rounder, not a top ten QB.

in regards to your comment about taking nassib in the second...i think nassib may have lifted himself into the 2nd round with his last few games, and especially this one. that said, we are projected to pick anywhere from 5 to 10...do you think nassib is worthy of a round 2 top 10 pick? i would think he's a late second round...would it be a terrible stretch to take him that high? I think nassib could be a good nfl qb(i am also a full on SU homer). Seeing the pride of Malvern Prep following Joe Devlin, the pride of Great Valley High to an illustrious Bills career would be great!

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Grab Landry Jones in the First & Nassib in the second. 3rd & 4rd grab the best available LB's. trade 6 & 7 to move back into the 3rd and Grab a third LB. Its a crap shoot anyway. We need 2 QBs & 3 LBS..

I'm not going to say anything good/bad regarding how race has effected evaluations on this board, but I think it does in some cases. Not as much the "he's black I don't want him" sense but in the "he's black, he must be compared to rg3, cam newton, vince young and mike Vick" sense.

We also do it based on college teams/conferences, regions they come from (no Cali qbs), and a variety of other non-race based lazy associations/evaluations.

It happens. It's life. The first guy to bring it up wasn't being fair, but to pretend we're perfectly color blind isn't true either. Turns out Gino might be a bit more "high motor" or "pocket passer" than some of the guys that immediately get brought up.

I like this ^^^^^. Well said!

Given his lackluster performance today, Geno Smith may actually be there when the Bills pick. This Chiefs board's enthusiasm went south quickly…

http://www.chiefspla...ad.php?t=268134

I think the Bills may have received a big break with today's game and Smith looking underwhelming. I don't care about today, I would seriously consider drafting Smith on potential alone. Drafting a top ten QB is not as bad as it was in the old days when mistakes were magnified due to the money given to rookie QBs. Do what Washington did, draft Smith then another QB in the 3rd or 4th as insurance and a backup plan.

Geno Smith= Akili Smith. He is terrible. He sucks. He is a bigger bust than Dolly Partons chest. He can't play in snow. You do realize it snows in Buffalo. If the bills want to waste there 1st round pick again there are better ways.

Edited by bisonbrigade

I've been here a long time too and most of the ridiculous comments posted about black QBs are from idiots who need to throw the 'racist' sterotype at anyone who dares to criticizes a QB who happens to be black.

No one here said Russell Wilson wouldn't be elite because of his race; they said he wouldn't be elite because of his size. People said the same thing about Drew Brees.

The garbage is being posted by you. Grow up.

There a saying where I come from..."only a hit dog, howl! "

I'm kind of glad to see this kid brought down to reality. Don't get me wrong, he seems like a good kid and if he's really the football junkie they say he is he'll probably find some level of success, but the overhyping of this guy really turned me off to him.

Waaay too high to be drafting Landry IMO. He is a mid first rounder, not a top ten QB.

I think this could have (and would have) been said of JJ Watt at # 3. With QB, if you get a QB good enough to justify a first round pick, ultimately he is good enough to justify a top 5 pick, just because of the importance of the position and scarcity of options. While BPA is usually the best policy in the early rounds, you have to weigh QB a bit higher.

Edited by Rob's House

I'm kind of glad to see this kid brought down to reality. Don't get me wrong, he seems like a good kid and if he's really the football junkie they say he is he'll probably find some level of success, but the overhyping of this guy really turned me off to him.

I think this could have (and would have) been said of JJ Watt at # 3. With QB, if you get a QB good enough to justify a first round pick, ultimately he is good enough to justify a top 5 pick, just because of the importance of the position and scarcity of options. While BPA is usually the best policy in the early rounds, you have to weigh QB a bit higher.

I see Jones at his best making the gimme plays, buoyed by a much better supporting cast than Smith had.

I agree, and I'm a culprit, that Smith has been overhyped and come back to earth a bit. But I think his arm plays better in Buffalo than Jones' does, and he has a dedication to the game that will translate and flourish with the right coach. Also, for the "Akili Smith" guy, give me a break. The numbers are not a product of a mirage offense - argue if you want that there are a lot of RAC yards from the likes of Tayvon Austin, but Smith has a great TD/INT ratio, a few years in an offense as a pocket passer, and most of what you want in an NFL QB. He's not Luck or RGIII, but he can be a very good QB in the league with the right weapons and protection. We have both.

Geno Smith= Akili Smith. He is terrible. He sucks. He is a bigger bust than Dolly Partons chest. He can't play in snow. You do realize it snows in Buffalo. If the bills want to waste there 1st round pick again there are better ways.

What's his track record in snow?

How many games in snow have we really played?

This has most likely already been said, but I can't continue on past the first page. How can people decide based on one game whether they want/don't want a particular player? Is that how you live your lives? I'm not talking about everyone, but it's obvious that some watched Smith for the first time yesterday and now they've made up their minds.

Btw, this thread is hilarious. Smith's game logs: http://espn.go.com/c...8025/geno-smith

http://espn.go.com/c...2011/geno-smith

The guy only has 98 career tds to 21 ints. Scrub. He only threw for 6 tds & 400 yards in last years bowl game against a highly regarded Clemson team. Bum. He only goes to Manning football camp to develop as leader every summer. Slacker.

Seriously, we need to pass on this guy if he's there when we pick. I'd much rather trade a high draft pick for another team's backup qb. As the past 20 years of Bills football has shown, this is the way to build a dynasty.

Btw, this thread is hilarious. Smith's game logs: http://espn.go.com/c...8025/geno-smith

http://espn.go.com/c...2011/geno-smith

The guy only has 98 career tds to 21 ints. Scrub. He only threw for 6 tds & 400 yards in last years bowl game against a highly regarded Clemson team. Bum. He only goes to Manning football camp to develop as leader every summer. Slacker.

Seriously, we need to pass on this guy if he's there when we pick. I'd much rather trade a high draft pick for another team's backup qb. As the past 20 years of Bills football has shown, this is the way to build a dynasty.

Stop it with the facts.

i didnt start thread for i like Geno.. i still like Barkley over em all.. off yr or not.. 2nd choice would be Landry Jones. I wouldnt go QB in 1st tho, i;d get Vick and draft a 2nd round QB where u may be able to get one of the guys that drop

Could Barkley handle the weather?