if Jerry Gray leaves

Jim Bates.  No?  I realize his is a less-aggressive style, but he's experienced, has proven successful (if given the right players), and is familiar already with the division.  Plus his players love him.  Seems obvious to me.

193903[/snapback]

what about someone from the inside who knows the system? krumrie? szabo?

I likey the Bates idea. The guy is a gamer. I watch him coach and his personality reminds me of Marv Levy. He's tight with his players and knows his stuff. Phins were 3-4 under him. Not bad considering they were 1-8 when he took over.

Krumrie wanted to leave last year to join the Redskins for more $$. The Bills wouldn't release him from his contract, which had a year left on it. Who knows if he wants to return here.

Bates isn't a bad idea.

194135[/snapback]

Is that a fact Mark VI? If not, who reported that? because I had heard that the team was willing to let him go if he really wanted out and he chose to stay....

I think Krumrie would definately be worth considering. Yet the name I'm thinking of might not be the best candidate but to me the most obvious would be Jim Haslett. While his defenses in New Orleans have a lot to be desired he fits in other ways. As I'm pretty sure he and Mularkey coached with one another in Pittsburgh and he has the obvious Buffalo connection.

I love Krumrie, but wonder if he's ready for the Coordinator job.  But I guess everyone needs to take the leap sometime.  If we could get a hold of Bates I think that would be a good move also.

194063[/snapback]

I'm sure Jerry would be available to Krumrie for consultation and to lend an ear.