Scenario for best draft pick

stevestojan

A while ago, meaning 4-5 weeks ago when some still had playoff hopes, there was a link to an espn calculator for each teams playoffs odds. I'm not sure if that will work for my question of:

What is the perfect scenario this week for best pick, of course including a bills loss? I understand its sacrilegious to openly root for a bills loss here, but if that were to happen, does anyone have an easy breakdown of what other loser teams we need to win so we drop lower in the rankings and therefore higher in the draft?

Thanks,

6 beers deep Stojan.

Cheer for Lions, Philly, and Jets Sunday. All work out we pick Geno Smith 4th overall with Glennon surging up to KC #1

And on top of that, I like your style. I'm bout to start my Friday night six pack

The highest we can pick is 4th. The lowest 10th. As said earlier, The Lions and Eagles winning with us losing and we move from our current (6th) to 4th. We cannot pick ahead of KC, JAX. or Oak. We win a tiebreaker with the Lions, Eagles, Titans, Cardinals and Browns and lose a tiebreaker with Raiders and Chargers. We beat every team with 6 wins in a tiebreaker (Jets, Carolina and Tampa Bay) except for the afore mentioned Chargers. It would be nice to pick ahead of Arizona... for obvious reasons. :D

Cheer for Lions, Philly, and Jets Sunday. All work out we pick Geno Smith 4th overall with Glennon surging up to KC #1

And on top of that, I like your style. I'm bout to start my Friday night six pack

Thanks. I can do that. Jets might be tough for me but i will try

Now, to my own beering. cheers

Chiefs and Jags are likely to draft QB's ahead of us. We should get a shot at Tyler Wilson, Arkansas or, Mike Glennon NC State. Glennon looks like a man-beast, at 6-6 and 230# Just so long as we do not draft any Ivy-leaguers. And if Glennon goes #1, maybe Geno comes to Buffalo.

Can't we still overtake the Raiders if they win and teams on their schedule, who we didn't play, also win?

PTR

I think it's possible, but Highly unlikely. Kind of like us around week 13 thinking we still had a playoff chance

Can't we still overtake the Raiders if they win and teams on their schedule, who we didn't play, also win?

PTR

No . Our opponents record is 117-240 Oaklands is 112-128... so we are five games ahead. Because all games this week are interdivision the best we can hope for is 8-8 and the highest oakland can obtain is 10-6. So we can only gain two games on them. On the flipside, It isn't possible for Cleveland, Tennessee, or Arizona to beat us in a tiebreaker. Clevelands foes have 120 wins, Tennesse 123 and Arizona 135. And should Philadelphia ( opps. 122 wins), or Detroit (opps. 137 wins) win Sunday and we lose , we beat them in a tiebreaker. (By the way, you count the teams in your divisions record twice since you play them twice).

Unfortunately your probably right, The Bills are like Charlie Brown, they are blockheads and due nothing right.

What will happen, will happen. Living in NYC, I've decided to root for good play from our players (except Fitz who i am neutral about since he won't be here), and if we lose, we could get the #4 pick, and if we win, the Jets look even more dysfunctional, and I schadenfraudelly enjoy reading the hysterical Post and News headlines mocking Rex, the Jets, Sanchez, Tebow, and all of NYC football...and we still get a top ten pick! But that's just my personal situation.

We have the tiebreaker over just about every team but the Raiders going into, and likely coming out of this weekend. A lot of teams that we have played, play each other this weekend which locks a 1-1 record added to our SOS. Even with all that, we'll likely not go above a .490 SOS which should be enough to keep the tiebreakers.

Easy, you want all the teams with 4 and 5 wins to win this weekend and hope tie breakers work out in Bills favor

Well no ****, I was looking for help on what the tie breakers were.

Thanks to everyone for the answers! I still have this pipe dream that I will see manti in a bills jersey next year. One can dream. :) thanks again fellas!

Just for ref. guys:

the tiebreaker for draft picks is NOT the same as for playoffs. Playoffs use head-to-head games, while draft order does not. As Randy elucidated above, for the draft they look at strength of schedule, in reverse:

If your schedule was WEAKER, you get the earlier pick. I think many of the teams with the same record now had stronger schedules, and hard games ahead. So, if the Bills lose, expect them to pick Sixth.

~AS