Cam Newton, he's good

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 of the bills losses this year are by 7 points or less.. :bag::ph34r:

i hear everything you say and don't necessarily disagree that much..just trying to avoid the grass is greener syndrome.

Believe me I don't want to type this but Fitz threw a game ending pick in at least 3 of those to seal the w. Cam has been a victim of driving down for scores but his D letting them down. Your point stands but it is different imo.

Here is another link to back up my prediction http://msn.foxsports...official-122712

from your link:

Boger said he didn't feel the bump was enough to warrant an ejection because it ''wasn't of a malicious nature.''

That quote is from the ref who was bumped. Have you ever seen Brady yell at an official? How many years in the league does he have?

for full disclosure, i never liked Cam Newton. Didn't like him in college and he's done very little in the NFL for me to start liking him. That being said, i'm not rooting for the guy to fail. As a fan of the sport, I'd simply like him to start getting his act together. He's got the ability to be just as explosive, if not more so than RGIII. Still, I would give my right nut to have RGIII, but I don't know if i'd give much to have Cam. If you're the Panthers right now, after two seasons, you still have a lot of questions about your franchise. Next year is going to be a huge year for Cam..we'll see how he handles that pressure as the fans in Carolina are going to start getting restless unless they start winning soon.

Ummmm.....best two year start ever. Be as big of a d&@$ as you want

Walk the walk and talk the talk.....just like the nature boy. I could care less about a young guy sulking after a loss. Good for him

Walk the walk and talk the talk.....just like the nature boy. I could care less about a young guy sulking after a loss. Good for him

Talking the talk would be actually winning and not posting a 6-9 record after your second year. I mean fair is fair, if we're going to judge our team on wins and losses and not stats, we might as well judge other teams' players as well by the same standard. Every panthers fan I know (2 to be exact..lol) have both admitted that Cam has been a bit of a letdown thus far. This is not to say he sucks though..

We also have a carolina poster on this board (forget his name) who was growing tired of Cam's act. This was about 5 weeks ago, so maybe some of their recent winning has changed his mood a bit...i dunno.

Again, next season will be a criitcal season for Cam and the Panthers organization.

Edited by bobobonators

Throwing for 4000 yards as rookie is walking the walk IMO. You got to watch him play sometime he is brilliant as a passer/runner.

i watched at least 5-6 of his games at auburn (i have the college package) and probably about another 8-10 games since he's been in the nfl (i have sunday ticket). i've watched plenty of Cam. i don't deny his talent, but i'm telling you that there's SOMETHING that is still missing from that guy and it's not physical....

Tebow had more wins in 11 games than Newton in 16. He puts up stats but he doesn't win. And BTW, he has a solid D, top WR, & solid RBs. The Newton apologists sound like sycophants.

Are you sure ? Deangelo Williams has been terrible 500 yards on year 3 yards a pop? Defense improved over last year a lil but they are far from a good d.

Apologists ? The dudes the man check the first post on this thread.

It's like the legendary Ric Flair would say:

• "I'm a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"

Maybe that's all "Carolina" Cam was trying to explain to the ref that he bumped.

It's like the legendary Ric Flair would say:

• "I'm a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"

Maybe that's all "Carolina" Cam was trying to explain to the ref that he bumped.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Stylin and Profiling! All the ladies wanna roll with the winners!

Woooooooooooo!

It’s too early for me to “hail” Cam Newton. He might have some great highlights so far but he hasn’t proven to me that he’s going to be a true franchise QB yet. And don’t give me the he threw for over 4000 yards, etc. This is a pass happy league and stats don’t mean a whole lot to me when your team loses that many games. Plus, Cam had to throw so much because he was a turnover machine last year. I agree with another poster that he is missing something. Living in Panther Country, I hope the thing he’s missing is just maturity because that should come with time. He needs to lead the Panthers but it’s going to be hard to get men to follow you when you act like a child.

I unfortunately see some similarities between Cam & Vince Young and I really hope for the Panthers sake, that he gets his act together and avoids having the same career trajectory. Cam did not progress like he should have this year, which is why he struggled so badly in the beginning of the season. The Panthers coaching staff realized that and had to scale the offense back. Once they did that, Cam started playing better and the team won a bunch of games. I have no idea if the cause was that Cam just didn’t put in the time mentally to learn the offense or if he tried to but just couldn’t handle it. Maybe the staff just tried to put in too much at once. Anyhow, that reminds me of the problems the Titans coaching staff was having with VY.

All that being said, it’s still really early in his career and there is plenty of time for him to become more than a highlight reel but right now, I think you need to look at more than just his stats to really see what kind of player he currently is. And to answer the question before it’s asked…yes I would take Cam over Fitz but I would not give up the farm to get him. We know what we have in Fitz and Cam still has a ton of room to grow.

fair enough.....unfortunately we don't have a farm to give....nothing on this team short of Spiller and 2 #1's would net us a Cam.

Cam is 10x the qb of VY though easily IMO. Vy's accuracy was never in the same ballpark as Cam's

FYI. 200 yards rushing more than top RB? 8 rushing td's? not sure what else you want this guy to do IMO.

Deangelo Williams-------152 carries for 532 yards---------3.5 YPC 3 tds on year------season long td 30 yards

Cam Newton---------------120 carries for 700 yards---------6 YPC 8 tds on year.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I do agree cam is way better than VY and wasn't trying to say otherwise. I was speaking more to the mental aspect. Both were hot rookie qbs that made the pro bowl and neither has proven they can run an nfl offense. Eventually that will hold the team back. Cam wings it a lot and is so athletic that he puts up monster stats...but they keep losing. If cam matures and gets the mental part down, he could end up being one of the GOAT. From the lack of maturity he keeps displaying, I really question if he gets there. I hope he does, this town is more fun when the panthers are winning.