My dream offseason

Whaley - GM

Bill Cowher - HC

Chan Gailey - OC

Dick LaBeau - DC

Nix - Director of College Scouting

I could live with that but it'll never happen. Merry Christmas!!!

Man, that's not a dream offseason, that's a WET dream offseason!!!

Will never happen though...also, not sure i'm too enthused about the idea of Nix being the director of college scouting....

I want gailey. If he's the OC he's still gonna call terrible plays

I still believe Gailey can be a solid OC but he can't handle the HC role. Much like Wade Phillips is a great DC but a horrible HC. With a little supervision, and someone to say "Chan, WTF, hand the ball to CJ" I think he can be a solid OC.

In no way would that work out for many reasons. You can dream but not many coaches will step down to a lower position, come back to a team they worked with before at the same position, or step back down to a scout

Nix could be a consultant. But the rest wont happen. If I were the Bills id make a quiet bit contact to Arians and see if we could get him here and feel him out.

I cannot recall a single coach ever having been demoted to a coordinator's position after serving for years as the head coach. You move somewhere else to take an OC position after you're let go. Why in hell would Gailey want to stay somewhere where the organization has voiced doubts about his ability to do the job? I get it that he has the Cowher connection but I think him staying on in a lesser role is even less likely than bringing in Cowher in the first place.

I like the guy from Stanford, could live with Saban, and really wouldn't mind seeing Wade come back, provided Ralph could thaw that relationship with money.

Whaley - GM

Bill Cowher - HC

Chan Gailey - OC

Dick LaBeau - DC

That's not even a dream, more of a ridiculous fantasy. Just one question though, Chan Gailey as OC. He more or less is now, at least he calls the plays, so why would you want him. The offensive play calling has been putrid all year. We also had Dick Lebeau here not that long ago as an assistant, they didn't even make him the DC. Edited by BuffBill

Whaley - GM

Bill Cowher - HC

Chan Gailey - OC

Dick LaBeau - DC

Who is the QB? If Chan runs that offense with Fitz as the QB, we are not going anywhere even if the defense improves. Chan and Fitz must go.

How about

Cuts:

Kelsay

Barnett

All the QBs

FA:

Michael Johnson DE

Williams Moore SS

Brent Grimes CB

Jake Long T

Denario Alexander WR

Delanie Walker TE

Trade:

Jon Beason LB

Alex Smith QB

Kirk Cousins QB

Draft:

Teo LB

Nassib QB

Lattimore RB

Long, don't want to kick those tires at all. They are about to fall off. I am happy with our line and the direction it is going and would not want to risk pulling Langston Walker.

Beason I have mixed emotions about. I do not think he's headed in the direction we want to go in.

T'eo - something about me just doesn't sit right. It reminds me of Aaron Curry. Everyone loves the guy, he's very good, but he's on a team that is not normally identified for defense, and something just isn't right.

I do not know much about Lattimore, but I am glad to see people believe adding an RB to this team is worthwhile.

Whaley - GM

Bill Cowher - HC :thumbsup:

Chan Gailey - OC :thumbdown:

Dick LaBeau - DC

Nix - Director of College Scouting :thumbdown:

I would love to see the 'chin" coaching the Buffalo Bills next year.

Let Cowher decide who he wants as GM, DC, director of scouting.

Nix, Gailey & wannstooge- Boss hog crap, cooter, booger all gotta go.

Edited by FeartheLosing

Whaley - GM

Bill Cowher - HC

Chan Gailey - OC

Dick LaBeau - DC

As you noted, it's a dream.

In reality, most people unwilling to accept a demotion within the same organization.

Even if they are, it is problematic for numerous reasons which can be summarized as "organizational psychology"

So I would have to say those aspects of your dream are undesireable

I still believe Gailey can be a solid OC but he can't handle the HC role. Much like Wade Phillips is a great DC but a horrible HC. With a little supervision, and someone to say "Chan, WTF, hand the ball to CJ" I think he can be a solid OC.

Disagree that Gailey is a good OC. The league adjusted to his playcalling during his first season. He still has not made any adjustments and his play calling has become very predictable. I am far from an expert, but most of the time, just from watching them play each week, I can tell what play they are going to run just by looking at the formation.

Long, don't want to kick those tires at all. They are about to fall off. I am happy with our line and the direction it is going and would not want to risk pulling Langston Walker.

Beason I have mixed emotions about. I do not think he's headed in the direction we want to go in.

T'eo - something about me just doesn't sit right. It reminds me of Aaron Curry. Everyone loves the guy, he's very good, but he's on a team that is not normally identified for defense, and something just isn't right.

I do not know much about Lattimore, but I am glad to see people believe adding an RB to this team is worthwhile.

Lattimore is a big beast type RB (reminds me of Arian Foster) who would prob be a top 10 pick but he dislocated his knee this year, after coming back from an acl injury the year prior. He basically had a McGahee knee injury and would need to be on the PUP list for half the year, or maybe the fuill year on IR. I am OK with that bc we will have a rookie QB next year learning anyways, and can get one more year out of Jackson. He is also Ray Lewis's nephew FWIW.

Then we should have two top ten talents at RB, whose running style couldnt be more different, but only used a 3rd rounder to get the 2nd one.

I dont really think OL is a need either but since I am dreaming I figured it wouldnt hurt to have Long at either R tackle.

Beason I feel is going to be one of those players who comes roaring back from injury back to all pro form. He is young too.

I know I will be in the minortiy but Bill Cowher is terribly overrated. Just like Andy Reid he lost many AFC home championship games and the SuperBowl win was a gift from the refs. While he would be an upgrade over everyone we have had I think his time is done. Let him go to Dallas or San Diego and try to win with Romo. Lastly I think he wants to be the personnel guy as well as HC and that almost never works. Belichick is the only guy that has remotely been able to do it and his drafts have been very suspect since Dimitroff left.

Jay Gruden is my choice for HC/OC.