4 Fire Fighters shot, 2 killed, here in Webster NY

JÂy RÛßeÒ

This whole situation makes me wonder about how many of these crazy f***ers are floating around our neighborhoods....watching our children play on the playground. Really, this guy bludgened his grandmother to death with a hammer, and he only does 17 years in prison?!?! The system is broken.

In 1980... Guns were harder to get??

Hammer = the new "gateway" weapon

?

This whole situation makes me wonder about how many of these crazy f***ers are floating around our neighborhoods....watching our children play on the playground. Really, this guy bludgened his grandmother to death with a hammer, and he only does 17 years in prison?!?! The system is broken.

He plea-bargained down to manslaughter (apparently to save taxpayers the expense of a trial). Sentenced to 8 1/3 to 25 years. At parole hearing in 1996 he stated he wouldn't be there if he didn't think it was mandatory cause it wasn't worth the time and effort... He was parolled 6 months later after 17 of those 25 years (apparently to save taxpayers the expense of his incarceration). The system is seriously !@#$ed.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

Wow... You can say that again!

He plea-bargained down to manslaughter (apparently to save taxpayers the expense of a trial). Sentenced to 8 1/3 to 25 years. At parole hearing in 1996 he stated he wouldn't be there if he didn't think it was mandatory cause it wasn't worth the time and effort... He was parolled 6 months later after 17 of those 25 years (apparently to save taxpayers the expense of his incarceration). The system is seriously !@#$ed.

They charged a 24 yo girl with buying him all the weapons. Why the hell would you involve yourself in that mess?

http://usnews.nbcnew...-shootings?lite

I'm thinking Mr. Crazy Pants offered her a s**t ton of money to go out and buy him the guns. I'm wondering if she was even aware of his intentions or his past?

I really do not understand our world. At a time that is meaningful to everyone there can be so much tragedy. This world has a lot of bad and all the rest of us can do is enjoy our time with family and make it matter.

The holidays can be really hard on the most sane of us. I imagine that the "crazies" among us feel even more exiled at times when "the rest of us" are celebrating togetherness.

2 big things I've said a lot in these recent threads:

1) keep an extra eye on those you are close to that are struggling with life. Even if they aren't actually dangerous it's great to go the extra mile as it still can brighten someone's life.

2) keep them away from weapons (not just, but especially guns), and things like drugs/alcohol (even if unrelated to the mass shooting types) as much as realistically possible. Not always possible but.... Be aware and active about it.

Edited by NoSaint

• 2 weeks later...

They charged a 24 yo girl with buying him all the weapons. Why the hell would you involve yourself in that mess?

http://usnews.nbcnew...-shootings?lite

She was charged yesterday with filing false documents: http://news.yahoo.com/ny-woman-denies-charge-tied-firefighter-ambush-230719634.html. She's denied buying them for him but I have not seen an explanation of how he ended up with them if this is true. She was a neighbor of his at the time I suppose he could have used her to buy them and then stolen them.

And to answer the 'would ya' question - you betcha.

• 11 months later...