WGR reports 10 year lease

tito1

glass half full: the Bills are here for another seven years...

glass half empty: the bills are gone after seven years.....

seriously tho, this is very good news.....$400 million penalty is big enough to insure the full 7 years.....

now, go buy some tickets and help keep them here even longer...

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is anything but good news.

They are gone in 7 yrs. This almost guarantees it. It will take that long for RW to pass on and sell the team. Then it will take the new owner about 3 years to fight the State over a new stadium that he'll never get. When year 7 comes up, he cuts a meesley $29 million check and it's buh bye BUF. Worst lease evah!!

Good news. BTW did anybody hear the guy call in and tell Buddy Nix he was absolutely wrong? I was ROTFL

Confirmed by the news, with details

http://buffalonews.c.../121229867/1109

35 mil from the team, very good

10 year term, ridiculous

out after 7 years with no financial penalty, uber ridiculous

Way to negotiate, Cuomo and Polancarz! And Ralph is an ass for making this short of an agreement with those demands.

Well, here is a Glass Half Full Opinion:

This is allows the team to transition to an owner that will want to keep it here. (Unless they are willing to spend 1 Billion for a franchise, 400 million to relocate it, and 1 Billion+ to build a new stadium wherever they go)

This will also allow the new owner to work on a new Stadium Plan to be built in the year 2020 which would be perfect timing for replacing the Ralph.

But like I said, this is my Glass Half Full Opinion.

My take.

Its actually a 7 year lease guarenteeing the Bills here for the given future. I think they are in perfect position to

package this momemtum for a new owner the possiblilty of a new stadium or serious stadium upgrades and sign

an extention from these 7 years to 25 or 30.

We stand at a cross roads. There is an oppurtunity right in front of us. I hope they parlay this into something special. Its there for the taking!

Let the wave of getting a team in LA, London or Toronto pass us by. No longer our issue. The Bills and Buffalo fit together. Bill-eve it!

Congratulations to us the fans and the "little guy", Hammer and the rest, who rely on the Bills to...well...pay the bills. The NHL needs to remember

the little guy as well but this isn't the time and place for that.

GO BILLS!

Edited by The Tomcat

This is anything but good news.

They are gone in 7 yrs. This almost guarantees it. It will take that long for RW to pass on and sell the team. Then it will take the new owner about 3 years to fight the State over a new stadium that he'll never get. When year 7 comes up, he cuts a meesley $29 million check and it's buh bye BUF. Worst lease evah!!

You do realize the current buy out of the lease is $2 million correct?

Well, here is a Glass Half Full Opinion:

This is allows the team to transition to an owner that will want to keep it here. (Unless they are willing to spend 1 Billion for a franchise, 400 million to relocate it, and 1 Billion+ to build a new stadium wherever they go)

This will also allow the new owner to work on a new Stadium Plan to be built in the year 2020 which would be perfect timing for replacing the Ralph.

But like I said, this is my Glass Half Full Opinion.

I like this scenario

Confirmed by the news, with details

http://buffalonews.c.../121229867/1109

35 mil from the team, very good

10 year term, ridiculous

out after 7 years with no financial penalty, uber ridiculous

Way to negotiate, Cuomo and Polancarz! And Ralph is an ass for making this short of an agreement with those demands.

Seven years is probably important to the snake Cuomo, because he hopes by then to be in the White House...

If the average NFL team is valued (Per Forbes) around $1.1B (Dallas high at $2.1B, Jacksonville low at $770mm) and the Bills are estimated at $805 mm - while, of course, they're in Buffalo - then at first glance the $400 million penalty sounds to me about what we'd think it'd be.

Will someone pay a $400mm premium to pick up and move the team elsewhere to, presumably, capture the excess value for being in a different area? Who knows, but I don't think this is by any means a "well, we've got a team for 7 years" situation. Then again, going into today we weren't guaranteed anything either.

EDIT: Now WGR is reporting there is NO MOVING until year 7, AFTER WHICH penalties kick in. I suppose we'll get the real story eventually ... good grief ...

Edited by MRM33064

If the average NFL team is valued (Per Forbes) around $1.1B (Dallas high at $2.1B, Jacksonville low at $770mm) and the Bills are estimated at $805 mm - while, of course, they're in Buffalo - then at first glance the $400 million penalty sounds to me about what we'd think it'd be.

Will someone pay a $400mm premium to pick up and move the team elsewhere to, presumably, capture the excess value for being in a different area? Who knows, but I don't think this is by any means a "well, we've got a team for 7 years" situation. Then again, going into today we weren't guaranteed anything either.

Relocation fees too. Also likely some private money going into a facility.

Along with proving that WNY taxpayers havent been willing to work with the NFL (which is one of their written conditions of relocation)

Its still possible someone can come done with little regard for $ and just plunk it down to grab a team. I am happy and relieved its not an "empty netter" and our team wont be the lowest hanging fruit

Edited by May Day 10