Pro Football Focus on Stevie's route running

l< j

This was an interesting read:

"There is no doubt that the Buffalo offense right now is being held back by the quarterback, and performances like this make me wish we could see Johnson with a legitimate passer feeding him the ball."

(That quote is not the most interesting part, but I wonder what SJ could do in a decent offense. He's closing in on 1000 yds. Again.)

The piece suggests some downsides to SJ's freedom to improvise, too.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/19/analysis-notebook-week-15-2/

kj

Maybe I'm getting the boards crossed up? lol I am on the BB.com board also. Sorry if that was the reason. I really thought it was here that it was posted though hmmmm. Either way, very good article and makes Stevie seem untouchable and the problem is Fitz.

He says something along the lines of "makes me wonder if he had a real QB feeding him the ball". Stevie could be a beast and a half with an arm that can get him the ball.

He's weird WR. I wonder how he will do if the Bills get a real QB who expects him to be in a certain spot at a certain time.

Also pointed out why he struggled against zone defense.

SJ13 would need to find the soft spots & make the catches when targeted.

SJ13 plays a lot of Madden so he can adjust.

I see a lot of Chris Carter in SJ13.

I agree. CC & SJ13 both have/had amazing body control and can get open despite not having elite speed.

After reading this, I’m now expecting that SJ13 is going to have a bit of a down season once that QB of the future takes over due to the lack of chemistry. Then there’s the worry that they have the same problems as Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson did in Cincy. Despite putting up good numbers, it drove Palmer crazy that he didn’t really know for sure where Chad would end up half the time.

The guy completely destroys people at the line, is a treat to watch. Brady would love to have a guy like this on his team, I could see him geting 1500 yards and 10+ tds in that offense. I wish we had a real QB to make timely and accurate throws. =/

Brady does have a guy like this. His name is Wes Welker. They are essentially the same person.