Urbik agrees to contract extension

Who would want to play for the Bills (under Wilson) unless they feel they're not good enough to start elsewhere in the league? Is depression that appealing?

Depends on the meds they give you for it.

Also, I would love to play for any NFL team at any position. Case and point, TJax making bank not even putting a uniform on this season.

Edited by The Wiz

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts exactly, however, I think all three players can be re-signed, as Leodis should not cost that much to retain.

I agree. For the first time in awhile I think we'll retain Leodis. He has gone from a disappointing starter to a solid role player. With the ST players we've kept over the years he's got the best additional skills of any of them. He's worth the roster spot so long as he no longer sees himself as a starting CB on another team. Edited by Matt in KC

Someone needs to convince me some other team was gonna pay Urbick that kind of money.

Oops must be continuity.

Convince me it was worth drafting a player that we hope would get to Urbiks level in less then one season? We will have injuries on the line next year and when we do we will need to him. Another team might not have signed him quickly, but he'd have signed a good deal somewhere.

Nix has said very plainly that he's not a contracts guy. It has also been said that the Bills like to work a priority list, one player at a time. In that light it does seem odd that they would start with Urbik, who should be the cheaper of the two guards to re-sign. On the other hand, it seems exactly right.

ESPN's AFC East blogger reported a few weeks ago that the Bills had begun preliminary discussion with Byrd so there's a possibility that they're multi-tasking on contracts.

I would love to play for any NFL team at any position. Case and point, TJax making bank not even putting a uniform on this season.

The way you feel about playing in the NFL isn't necessarily how the players themselves view it. For one thing it's human nature to take what you have for granted and even beyond that, B word about it from time to time.

Good solid interior lineman, signed at a fair price. Who could be negative about that?

The trooth of the matter is that there is nothing negative about the Urbik signing.

Did I say that? I question the $$$ for 2 reasons...1, he's never played a full season, 2, he aint a $4m caliber lineman... Alan Faneca he aint.

I think the pay grades may have passed you by... 4m average isn't outrageous for a starter at nearly any position. Even depth players are getting that kind of money (3rd WRs, nickel corners, backup rbs). He's an established starter now.

Last year, 4m per would sign you premiere guards such as Nate Livings, mike briesel, and is just a tiny notch above Mackenzie bernadeau (at 3.75m per), while Evan Mathis at 5m per is still a hefty percentage markup. Perspective?

The top tier at guard is up to about 9m, he's well less than half that.

Don't get all crazy now.

Actually it's not that crazy. He has been playing that good. And the Buffalo Bills sideline reporter Joe Buscaglia has said all year that he believes Urbik has been better than Levitre on the other side.

Its good Nix signed him before Urbik himself figured out he was worth more :)

Actually it's not that crazy. He has been playing that good. And the Buffalo Bills sideline reporter Joe Buscaglia has said all year that he believes Urbik has been better than Levitre on the other side.

Its good Nix signed him before Urbik himself figured out he was worth more :)

Well I'll just say they do different things well.