Carroll regrets fake punt

stevestojan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

everytime i see that Smirk on his face I remember that game we lost to the Patriots when Henry Jones or someone got pass interference in the endzone and Wade brought the team in the locker room after the TD before the extra point. So Carroll seeing no Bills smirks and puts his two fingers up to go for 2.

Honestly, he said it was part of the game plan. All part of the beast but, nobody pulled the plug. Can you really blame him for that? The system is built for the sake of the system. Just goes to show you that the game plan and what a team does, down to every last play, is all decided well before the first foot kicks a football!

I don't buy this.

Are you telling me that if it was 4th and 30 from his own 10-yard line in a a tie game, he would run that punt?

You only ever run a fake punt based on specific circumstances, not as an "automatic" based on the coverage.

There is no excuse for what Carroll did at that point in the game, period. Anyone defending it is solely upset at the disgusting product the Bills are putting on the field. While I completely understand fans' frustration, let's not call Carroll's actions anything but what they are -- bush league, immature, and an accurate representation of the man himself.

Oh, no doubt. I have to believe the coach makes a fake punt call right before it happens. I swore at the TV. But, I'm just saying it prob feels better to be a Seahawks fan rt now than a Bills fan.

Honestly, he said it was part of the game plan. All part of the beast but, nobody pulled the plug. Can you really blame him for that? The system is built for the sake of the system. Just goes to show you that the game plan and what a team does, down to every last play, is all decided well before the first foot kicks a football!

Yeah... Been such a long time since that Raiders Championship Game @ Rich!

At least they had a game plan, would be nice if the Bills would figure out how to have one once in awhile. Was it a classy thing, probably not, but the Bills get paid big to stop it. All the people on here whining and calling Pete Carroll names, are the same people that continually look for excuses for the Bills sucking year after year and always blame the officials or someone or something else for the numerous losses. Those same people, that if it was the Bills running that fake punt would have thought it was great and criticized the whining Seahawks fans for complaining about it. Bottom line is the Bills got it handed to them, that fake punt had zero effect on the outcome of the game. Get over it and focus on the real problem, the Bills organization from top to bottom.

I wish Pete Carroll was our coach. He goes for more points when they're winning by 30; our coach fails to go for a FG when we're in a low scoring game and instead punts.

The difference in talent between teams in the NFL isn't that great; routs like this are simply a sign of piss-poor coaching.

I wish Pete Carroll was our coach. He goes for more points when they're winning by 30; our coach fails to go for a FG when we're in a low scoring game and instead punts.

The difference in talent between teams in the NFL isn't that great; routs like this are simply a sign of piss-poor coaching.

That, and also it seemed the majority of the players clearly no longer cared about the 2012 season. Obviously this does not include Spiller or SJ, but there were a lot of players who weren't putting out much effort at all. It happens. They see other team mates doing it and it spreads. This film should be the first one to look at when the GM is determining who stays and who goes.

That, and also it seemed the majority of the players clearly no longer cared about the 2012 season. Obviously this does not include Spiller or SJ, but there were a lot of players who weren't putting out much effort at all. It happens. They see other team mates doing it and it spreads. This film should be the first one to look at when the GM is determining who stays and who goes.

How true. How about Wilson's second TD? Dareus is chasing him and gets pissed that the corner doesn't even attempt to get off the block.

How true. How about Wilson's second TD? Dareus is chasing him and gets pissed that the corner doesn't even attempt to get off the block.

Agreed. Anyone else see Kyle Williams screaming at Mario after Wilson’s 3rd TD run and Mario not really looking like he cared? I’m not a lip reader but it certainly had something to do with Mario “not keeping his Effing contain.”

Edited by cnico

Agreed. Anyone else see Kyle Williams screaming at Mario after Wilson’s 3rd TD run and Mario not really looking like he cared? I’m not a lip reader but it certainly had something to do with Mario “not keeping his Effing contain.”

I saw both Kyle Williams and Mario Williams screaming at a bunch of people but not at each other. My thought was "are they the only two that give a sh*t?" Nobody on this defense has played well enough to yell at anyone, that includes Kyle Williams, who like Mario has had good games and not so good games. There have been may others that have had almost all bad games, the Williams's are two of the highlights if you can call it that. A good portion of Marshawn Lynch's 113 yards were run right over Kyle Williams and Dareus. Edited by BuffBill

Good. It's about time to see some fire. And the Bills blew donkey balls, but Carroll is a POS plain and simple. He already cheated his way out of college and he's going to get his in the pros. Eff that guy.

Again... See what I said above. The game plan is laid out... SURE, PC could have pulled the plug... BUT like some posters said, what a perfect time to test the play. IMO, not really the play BUT, test the system. The system/game plan and the AUTHORITY STRUCTURE. They stayed with the "battle plan" and nobody second guessed PC and the coaches. You think PC did that by design! Of course he did... The play tests how far the players will follow the marching orders. Bodes well for PC and the good order and discipline of his team... NOW, he fall on the sword for the media. See what I am getting @? Seattle may make the playoffs... Let's see what kinda discipline they have (from a coaches perspective). Remember the wannabee Bills a bunch of years ago? Playing against the PITT scrubs late in the season... All they had to do was win. Even before the kickoff, the discipline was NOT there... Drew Bledsoe even second guessed the coin toss, that is which end to defend! OMG.

Sorry, no way I can buy that Pete was simply testing his own players.

Occam's Razor applies here. Among several hypotheses, always select that which requires the fewest assumptions. To buy your theory, I have to assume a number of things. To buy the theory that he wanted to run up the score and rub it in, I simply have to assume that he's a d*ck. That's so close to fact it's no longer an assumption.

Good. It's about time to see some fire. And the Bills blew donkey balls, but Carroll is a POS plain and simple. He already cheated his way out of college and he's going to get his in the pros. Eff that guy.

Come on man, he was the DB coach for that awesome 1984 Buffalo Bills team that ended 2-14, his first NFL job. He is one of us!