Whatcha gonna do with your little pop guns?

When the Big Bad Government rolls in with tanks, bombs and drones?

Seriously, could there be a more ridiculous, transparent argument for 2nd Amendment rights than the "protecting ourselves from the government" argument?

I'm feeling pretty pissed-off today.

Just sayin...

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but not too many will weigh on this today. Just devastated and want to crawl in a hole. It isn't going to end.....ever

Well, if the silence from the NRA honks in this forum is any indication, perhaps something will finally be done to correct our gun problem.

Seriously, could there be a more ridiculous, transparent argument for 2nd Amendment rights than the "protecting ourselves from the government" argument?

Just sayin...

How about instead of picking at minor arguments, we protect gun rights because its in the constitution and is the law of the land.

Just sayin...

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; a well armed, and well regulated militia being the best security of a free country: but no person religiously scrupulous of bearing arms, shall be compelled to render military service in person.

Perhaps a quote from James Madison is appropriate here.

Just sayin...

Dont want a gun? Dont get one.

Just sayin...

!@#$ you, you filthy, worthless piece of **** for politicizing a tragedy.

You're less than garbage.

Perhaps a quote from James Madison is appropriate here.

Didn't you hear? The Founders are irrelevant. Just a bunch of chauvinist, racist, misogynistic pigs who wrote a bunch of stuff that's completely irrelevant today. They have no place in decent society.

How about instead of picking at minor arguments, we protect gun rights because its in the constitution and is the law of the land.

bc thats what always happens. not just with this issue but with many, its always the most superficial simplistic arguments that get most of the attention when the problem is really very multifaceted

im a left leaning centrist but one area i feel strongly aligned with 'conservatism' is gun ownership. i do think there should be more regulation but the idea of 'banning guns' to me is ridiculous. if that happens you will just go to the dealers to buy your guns like you do now for your drugs, your pirate dvds and your knockoff sneakers

law abiding citizen absolutely must have the right to own reasonable guns, including handguns that can be concealed and carried. i dont carry myself, but i absolutely want to have that right if i need it. otherwise you are faced with either breaking the law or relying on cops that cannot possibly be at the point of attack the moment some unlawful lunatic decides s/he has the right to decide whether you live or die

lets focus what the real problem is, a culture that centers on toughness and indivisuality and violence. even our gd national anthem is about what - violence. we reward the aggressive, the individualistic above the collective, the self above all else. we have created an echo chamber centric media and social networking system that allows people to exist comfortably in their bubble and never get exposed to anything else. we trumpet 'american exceptionalism' as if we have some natural inborn superiority and expect everyone to toe the line in agreement

its sick. and it contributes directly to stuff like this happening. i really dont see any coincidence that america trumps all other countries combined in mass murders like this

until we are ready to turn a mirror on ourselves and see the warts all over our arrogant faces this crap will continue to haunt us

bc thats what always happens. not just with this issue but with many, its always the most superficial simplistic arguments that get most of the attention when the problem is really very multifaceted

im a left leaning centrist but one area i feel strongly aligned with 'conservatism' is gun ownership. i do think there should be more regulation but the idea of 'banning guns' to me is ridiculous. if that happens you will just go to the dealers to buy your guns like you do now for your drugs, your pirate dvds and your knockoff sneakers

law abiding citizen absolutely must have the right to own reasonable guns, including handguns that can be concealed and carried. i dont carry myself, but i absolutely want to have that right if i need it. otherwise you are faced with either breaking the law or relying on cops that cannot possibly be at the point of attack the moment some unlawful lunatic decides s/he has the right to decide whether you live or die

lets focus what the real problem is, a culture that centers on toughness and indivisuality and violence. even our gd national anthem is about what - violence. we reward the aggressive, the individualistic above the collective, the self above all else. we have created an echo chamber centric media and social networking system that allows people to exist comfortably in their bubble and never get exposed to anything else. we trumpet 'american exceptionalism' as if we have some natural inborn superiority and expect everyone to toe the line in agreement

its sick. and it contributes directly to stuff like this happening. i really dont see any coincidence that america trumps all other countries combined in mass murders like this

until we are ready to turn a mirror on ourselves and see the warts all over our arrogant faces this crap will continue to haunt us

A good post sir. You appear to be mis-named.

!@#$ you, you filthy, worthless piece of **** for politicizing a tragedy.

You're less than garbage.

Right, f**ktard, it's completely inappropriate to talk about our ridiculous gun laws after 20 kindergardeners die in a mass shooting. Spare me your sanctimonious bullsh*t!

Right, f**ktard, it's completely inappropriate to talk about our ridiculous gun laws after 20 kindergardeners die in a mass shooting. Spare me your sanctimonious bullsh*t!

It's completely inappropriate for any of you ****bags, be you the "see! Guns are Bad!" variety, or the "the teachers should have been armed!" variety to co-opt the sorrow of a huge tragedy to your cause.

!@#$.

It's completely inappropriate for any of you ****bags, be you the "see! Guns are Bad!" variety, or the "the teachers should have been armed!" variety to co-opt the sorrow of a huge tragedy to your cause.

!@#$.

I don't get it. This isn't co-opting. This incident casts the entire issue in high relief. There has never been a better time to discuss it.