Does Nix have any clue what he is doing? going after QB

Bronc24

Buddy Nix is a 70 year old scout and only Bills would hire this guy. Spiller, Carrington, Dareaus, and Searcy are the only NFL caliber starters IMO he had drafted in his first two years here. He hit on 4 picks out of 18 in his first two years. 22% hit. Good teams are built through the draft and he has not done that. Atleast Jauron was able to find some late round jems like KW, and SJ. If your okay with being mediocore then Buddy is your GM. I'm not okay with it and I want accountablity. Ravens fire Cam Cameron for not giving Rice the ball enough, when they are winning their division. Sounds familiar, right. Panthers fire their GM for sucking. I wants heads rolling because this is completely unacceptable for real NFL teams. We are not. Their is no accountability here in BUffalo.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone really have confidence that these guys will pick a decent QB? That would be completely opposite of their track record. It would be an accident if they choose a decent one.

Also maybe I missed it but how did everyone like Fitz smililng and gladhanding his old buddies on the Rams immediatley after last weeks joke?

Hi, welcome to OBD

To answer you, not a chance they would know who to pick, Buddy Nix even stated on the radio today that AJ Green and Andy Dalton have changed the Bengals around, and into a winner... and that complete moron of a GM had a chance to draft both...and didn't

how is Aaron Williams playing vs Andy Dalton?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000111083/article/buddy-nix-buffalo-bills-should-trade-up-for-qb-in-draft

I can't believe he announced to the league we are gonna move up and take a qb.

I just don't see any reason to announce this. Now all the teams in the league know what we are gonna be looking to do.

That makes it easier for teams to demand a kings ransom for us to move up

Deflates fitz if we have to stick with him next year

And it maks it so the fan base will demand blood if for whatever reason they can't move up.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

There. I feel better now. Now we are officially one of the worst organizations in the league, one that officially made our selection of a QB known to the world instead of providing a shred of mystery.

I don't think this is a trick... this is desperation, plain and simple. In April, when another GM picks up the phone, they will AUTOMATICALLY know they can stick it to us to trade up.

This guy makes me laugh.

Good point. After all, there is NO way that professional football GMs and scouts would have figured out what you did - that Bufffalo needs a QB...

Yeah, I listened to that this morning. It means about as much as Gaikey saying CJ will get 60% of the touches at RB. No one in this organization has any idea what they are doing. And none of them should be here. We're the laughing stock of the league. Listening to Nix this morning made me feel like I was listening to a really bad comedy. He side stepped around The Gailey question and made a mockery of the fans intelligence. He clearly doesn't respect the fans like he says he does.

This interview means nothing. Even if it did, even if he was telling the truth, even if he could manage to draft a non bust QB, he still relies on Chan the Idiot to coach this team. That is all I need to hear.

For better or worse, what it means is that "the message" from fans and media has been received.

Put differently, Nix has been shown the error of his ways.

The thing is that Nix is stating the obvious. The roster is clearly ready for the final penultimate piece so he's not really disclosing anything that other teams don't already know.

For better or worse, what it means is that "the message" from fans and media has been received.

The thing is that Nix is stating the obvious. The roster is clearly ready for the final penultimate piece so he's not really disclosing anything that other teams don't already know.

i personally feel that Nix and the other dumb hick are horrible. Have no idea what they are doing and are insulting the intelligence of the Bills fans. Even your most average fan could have picked better draft picks than what we've got. Even your average run of the mill fan knows not to pass in a 5 WR set on 3rd and short, or a 2 yard screen on 3rd and 17. Your average fan can clearly see that CJ needs the ball more than 8 times a game and Fitz needs to throw less than 40 in order to win.

I'm done with these idiots. Like I said before, ill cheer for them to win no matter what because I'm a fan of the Buffalo Bills, but we won't be winning anything with Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber running things.

"I look at Cincinnati last night," Nix said. "There's Marvin Lewis. He's been 10 years ... I don't know what their record was for the first six or seven years. Then they take A.J. Green and Andy Dalton. That duo has really turned them around and made them a playoff contender."

It's funny that he uses them as an example of how drafting a QB/WR duo can turn around a franchise since, as we all painfully already realize, they were both taken directly after our own 1st and 2nd round picks in 2011.

Didn't he tell the league Glenn was a guard? And I am pretty sure he qualified his remarks by saying if a guy was there to and worth trading up for. Maybe he means that there are less holes on this team and he can afford to lose a pick to move up in the draft. Not saying I agree with that. As I have consistenly stated I would move down in the draft at every opportunity and aquire more picks. We need to resign Byrd, Levitre, Urbik, and McKelvin. After that they need to sign a WR in FA and draft three LB's to compete for starting spots. I would go LB first round, TE second, LB third and fourth, Center 5th, then a couple DB's. There are no elite QB's in this draft. But if a guy falls to the second round I would be ok with giving up next years first rounder for a seocnd round pick this year.

The time was 3 years ago to get a QB...

"I look at Cincinnati last night," Nix said. "There's Marvin Lewis. He's been 10 years ... I don't know what their record was for the first six or seven years. Then they take A.J. Green and Andy Dalton. That duo has really turned them around and made them a playoff contender."

It's funny that he uses them as an example of how drafting a QB/WR duo can turn around a franchise since, as we all painfully already realize, they were both taken directly after our own 1st and 2nd round picks in 2011.

Is Nix intentionally screwing up saying things like this to get fired so he can still get paid, and do nothing, or is he really this stupid?

If they had drafted those two, the Bills would have been in the playoff hunt for the past 2 years...no wait, ex DC George Edwards, and current Dave Wannstedt combined couldn't make one fifth of Mike Zimmer, the Bengals DC. The Bills would still be losers with no defense. That Bengal defense ranked 6th has Hue Jackson as assistant ST / DB coach also.

Come to think of it Gailey can't touch Bengal OC Jay Gruden either. There is more talent at coaching in just one of the Bengal coaches then what the entire Buffalo Bills coaching staff has.

Edited by FeartheLosing

Why don't you try to trade for Kurt Cousins. Washington has to believe they that RGIII is the real deal now and they can get something back for the asset they drafted afterwards. They have no first round pick for the next two seasons, perhaps a 2 and a conditional pick could get it done. Especially since everyone above us in the draft will now ask for the moon knowing we are desperate to get a QB

Thank you. Probably the most reasonable post on this thread, which means it's also probably wasted on the audience.

Why don't you try to trade for Kurt Cousins. Washington has to believe they that RGIII is the real deal now and they can get something back for the asset they drafted afterwards. They have no first round pick for the next two seasons, perhaps a 2 and a conditional pick could get it done. Especially since everyone above us in the draft will now ask for the moon knowing we are desperate to get a QB

I sure would have liked Cousins for a 4th rounder and I was really bummed when the Redskins took him - but how much would you give up for him now though? Surely not a 1st?

Edited by BobChalmers

Hallelujah !

Buddy has erred by not drafting qb in the past. If this qb thing works out we go 10-6 make playoffs then buddy's gonna be a fixture.

Geno smith time ? Warren moon 2.0 ish ?

Get Er Dun

I like Geno Smith too, alot. You could even say Warren Moon with much more mobility....

Edited by smuvtalker