Does Nix have any clue what he is doing? going after QB

Bronc24

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://profootballta...de-up-for-a-qb/

I don't mind getting a QB, as everyone knows, but does this bumpkin have any clue? In this day of 24/7 access, publicly contradicting yourself twice gives the impression that you and the organization are nothing but a bunch of morons.

Nice call Buddy. You're a year late, dumb a$$.

He was just trying keep Fitz motivated , now that the season is over he i letting us know what there focusing on this offseason. However we shouldn't have to trade up for Landry Jones (unless we win another game) who would fit Chan's spread offense.

Had to address other areas- do you just pretend those positions were fine ?

Which was more important than QB?

Anyway, the shame of it all is that Buddy din't even have to reach for a QB in the last draft. It was a very deep crop. He passed on every one of them. This year is not like last in terms of quality.

The Redskins were a team with many needs last offseason, yet they didn't hesitate to take two QBs--tradign away a ton for the first one and stealing the second one.

Edited by Mr. WEO

On the plus side, it's great to draft a QB. There is a down side, and it is a huge one.... Chan Gailey. He's never developed one damn QB that was worth a crap. Oh, he takes backups and turns them into starters, but they never are any better than when they were backups. They just get more snaps. And, before anyone takes issue with that. Kordell Stewart never reached a 83 QB rating as a starter. Jay Fiedler had a career best 85.2 QB rating in one season. Fitz is on pace to have his banner season at 85.8. If your QB don't hit at least 94-95, you better have one hell of a defense (which the Bills do not).

OK , draft a QB and then contaminate him with Chan. Buddy better do a whole lot of thinking.... and he might want to remember a couple of the Bills more recent failures in Todd Collins, Trent Edwards and JP Losman. Buddy better have a good plan if he's gonna draft a QB He better be strong as hell both physically and mentally, cuz he's gonna get hit.... a lot.

Take the best player on the board. Youn don't want to reach for a QB in a weak QB class. Look back 3 years and see that Carolina and Cleveland wasted premium draft picks on Jimmy Clausen and Colt McCoy. Reality is that there might be only 1 QB taken that is a starting QB in the NFL. That said Nix had to shore up areas that were very weak when he came on board. Overall, his drafts are average. He has nothing to show for rounds 5 - 7 in the 3 drafts. 13 picks and 4 guys, (Moats, White, Rogers and Sanders) who are strickly backups. Nees better scouting to find the late round gems to augment the guys taken in rounds `1 - 4. Nix did not have a long career by being a bumbkin, fool, moron, idiot etc. This next draft will be the one that will put themover and into playoff contention or else.

We need to shore up the "O" line big time. Out side receivers big time. Every body here wants to kill the quarterback. He needs tools to excell. We have a running back. Can't be one guy doing the attacking. They will key on CJ this week and we have no other answers. Fitz needs help. Use the draft To get that accomplished.

Which was more important than QB?

Anyway, the shame of it all is that Buddy din't even have to reach for a QB in the last draft. It was a very deep crop. He passed on every one of them. This year is not like last in terms of quality.

The Redskins were a team with many needs last offseason, yet they didn't hesitate to take two QBs--tradign away a ton for the first one and stealing the second one.

It took 3 years to determine the team needed a QB! When your older it takes longer to see things I suppose. Kinda like the brilliant statement when free agency opened in 2010 "I'm going to get some sleep"and then Nix signed Cornell Green for 2 mil in that years free agency. No red flags...But it almost makes me wonder if the guy ever woke up.

Anyway, leave it to Bills fans to keep defending this loser of a GM, along with the morons he hired. Always nice to know nothing will change unless this owner passes on.

The place we needed to make a move last year was in round 2 after glen and move up there and take a QB in that slot My guess is our QB of the near future will be coming from the pinstripe bowl this year. I think Nesib is a good game manager will make an excellent back-up and should be available in rnd 3 is my guess also will help to draw in a Syracuse market so it fits the marketing ploy for this team. West Virginias QB should be worth considering in round 2. Take the LB in round 1

And sweet dreams of a change of regime.....

Yeah because GMs and head coaching candidates will be lining up for a job with a team with no idea who the next owner will be or even if that teams gonna be in the same city in 2014. Or a team that "blows" it up every few years. Nothing says "let's pack up the family and move to cold dreary Buffalo for a few years only to be run out of town by rabid football fans and an elderly owner". Sounds like a great time right?

Yeah because GMs and head coaching candidates will be lining up for a job with a team with no idea who the next owner will be or even if that teams gonna be in the same city in 2014. Or a team that "blows" it up every few years. Nothing says "let's pack up the family and move to cold dreary Buffalo for a few years only to be run out of town by rabid football fans and an elderly owner". Sounds like a great time right?

Yeah! Lets sign this GM and coaching staff to lifetime contracts because performance in this city doesn't count as the fans will accept any win / loss record...

To the OP, not only doesn't this GM have a clue, the guy that hired Buddy Nix hasn't had a clue for over 12 years. The FO staff are much to busy trying to figure out how to market the team and sell tickets to be interested in anything as mundane as winning.

http://sports.yahoo....ug=ycn-10603295

Edited by FeartheLosing

Does anyone really have confidence that these guys will pick a decent QB? That would be completely opposite of their track record. It would be an accident if they choose a decent one.

Also maybe I missed it but how did everyone like Fitz smililng and gladhanding his old buddies on the Rams immediatley after last weeks joke?

yep just take a QB any QB it will all work out because you took a quarterback....my god.

Does anyone really have confidence that these guys will pick a decent QB? That would be completely opposite of their track record. It would be an accident if they choose a decent one.

Also maybe I missed it but how did everyone like Fitz smililng and gladhanding his old buddies on the Rams immediatley after last weeks joke?

ya he should punch them in the mouth that's what good players do

Yes.

Glad I could answer your question.

Actually, I am one of the few who thinks Nix, with some exceptions, has made good decisions. Even the ones that haven't worked out, that in hindsight people want to fire him for, were reasonable at the time.

Also, I do not think this team will get better if you fire the GM and coach every three years.

He's drumming up excitement for next season, which is his job. The Bills thrive in the offseason, and flop in the regular season. It's basically their business model, and it's been highly successful.

Yes. Thank you. This is all propaganda for the fans. Happens every year, and works. Hopefully it won't result in a reach, but that is secondary to the organization.