8 Cuts Belichick Would Make

Dean Cain

The following 8 players wouldn't be on a team with a smart GM like Bill Belichick.

That's right this season we've wasted $27,901,666 in payroll on guys Belichick would be paying $600,000 each or $4,800,000 tops. You can't make these kind of mistakes if you want to be a winner. This isn't even accounting for the $6,000,000 charge for Fitzpatrick this year, but $4,600,000 on back up QBs, one who has a career 1-11 record as a starter is asinine.

All are near the ends of their careers, 3 are on IR, and 1 guy doesn't even dress on game day.

Pulled from http://sports.yahoo....eams/buf/roster

1. Kelsay, Chris DE 6'-4'' 263 33 10 Nebraska $4,750,000

2. Barnett, Nick RLB 6'-2'' 228 31 10 Oregon State $4,000,000

3. McGee, Terrence CB 5'-9'' 205 32 10 Northwestern State $3,780,000

4. Jackson, Fred RB 6'-1'' 216 31 6 Coe $3,680,000

5. Wilson, George SS 6'-0'' 214 31 7 Arkansas $3,541,666

6. Johnson, Spencer LDT 6'-3'' 304 31 9 Auburn $3,500,000

7. Thigpen, Tyler QB 6'-1'' 218 28 6 Coastal Carolina $2,500,000

8. Jackson, Tarvaris QB 6'-2'' 225 29 7 Alabama State $2,150,000

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belichick would just go get an undrafted rookie from the SEC or ACC and pay him $500,000. Running Backs to Belichick are like cattle headed to the slaughter.

Yeah maybe. I was commenting more from a useless dead weight versus talent perspective. People here love to hate Fred Jackson, it's a sport on almost any bills forum actually, but the guy is good and he plays like he cares.

Belicheat may be the master of cheap but I bet even he would love Fred Jackson on his team at 3 mil.

Belichick would just go get an undrafted rookie from the SEC or ACC and pay him $500,000. Running Backs to Belichick are like cattle headed to the slaughter.

His current RBs were drafted in the 2nd and 3rd round of the same draft.

Yeah maybe. I was commenting more from a useless dead weight versus talent perspective. People here love to hate Fred Jackson, it's a sport on almost any bills forum actually, but the guy is good and he plays like he cares.

Belicheat may be the master of cheap but I bet even he would love Fred Jackson on his team at 3 mil.

Yet last year everyone loved him. Now its trade him while you can.

of your list:

kelsay - i like and would prefer he stays in the rotation but his salary has finally risen to the point where hes not worth it. id ask him to take a pay cut and if he declines id release him

barnett - still plenty capable and not too expensive for his four mil salary. id keep him

mcgee - gone

jackson - tough call. could still flourish as a third down back but i think hes finished in the regular rotation. and of course needs to totally give way to the best back weve had here since thurmal and maybe oj. id probably keep him one more season

geo wilson - had a down year but id expect him to bounce back. id keep him another season

sp johnson - probably can get the same production cheaper, cut

thigpen - hahahahaaaa cut

t jackson - might as well keep him around for the inevitable qb comp next season

I'm sitting in Cafe Rio in Provo, Utah and this topic struck a major nerve.

Irrationally, someone pointed out my version of 'Why the Bills have fallen apart in 2012?'

This team will not succeed, if they can not assist these players into reaching their potential.

It is a given, the majority of these Bills teams over years have had trouble taking talent and assisting them to succeed.

-----------

I remember an article years ago, about the great Bill Walsh. In the article, the writer jotted out some tidbits about the changing ways of the NFL, which included the great 49ers drafts.

Basically, I'll sum it up...THE THING THAT WON'T CHANGE!

Eventhough, the game changes...the article depicted the players drafted and the coaches--who are paid to make these players succeed--cater to their strengths and and help solve their respective weaknesses. They develop game plans to put the players in the position to win football games.

Example: Jim Harbaugh taking a crummy team and changing the 49ers culture and utilizing the veterans/rookies potential and coaching the players to succeed.

-------------

In the past 13 seasons, the Bills have had issues on developing talent--which is a given.

---------

The article went on saying every player has potential, that's why there is a draft.

---------

Basically, have Buddy and Chan developed and helped CJ Spiller succeed? No.

Developed and help assist in succeeding Marcel Dareus...drafted as a 3-4 DE in 2011, now is a 4-3 DT in 2012? No.

Veteran wise, Buddy and Chan have had a plethora of veterans from the previous regimes to work with.

Some of them excelled, but the majority were cut.

All Bills fans have the same understanding, we all can smell bulls**t!

Chan's coaching is just that.

Buddy's as a GM is just that.

Belichick is a coach/GM...who loves the idea Chan and Buddy are just that, because with them--we will always finish 4th in the division.

Edited by KollegeStudnet