Chan's statements

vegas55

Chan is being forced to choose between a red-hot player (CJ), and the de facto leader of the locker room (Fred).

PTR

There is no decision to be made, you go with the better player in CJ... Fred with his fumbling and injuries just isn't the same as even a year ago.

Why can everyone but Chan see that you need to put the ball in this guy's hands??? He is asked the question in every single interview and he gives half baked responses.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Griffith and the Mayberry Bills... Nix can be Goober and Wanny seems like an Otis Campbell.

Shazam!!

You forget, our "marketing partners to the North!' Possibly a hook up with Red Green would be in order. We could have the Possum Lodge Bills. They play dead every Sunday!

Everyone outside of Chan sees how ludicrous his coaching decisions and statements to the media are. This obviously has to extend to the players. They're doing an admirable job of being PC with the media but it's gonna blow up eventually. I think even Fitz has been disappointed with Chan this year and that's his most vocal supporter. We can only hope that Buddy sees reality.

I applaud your comments. I sometimes fear the majority of people don't see the same things I see. I see a coach who has been out-coached a lot over the past 2 seasons. I see a team that is undisciplined, young, and struggling to gauge their own abilities. Sure, they defend their coach, and they say the right things, but you can tell by their body language that they're frustrated, and you can see they don't believe they're capable of beating the big teams. Even if these comments were only true for a few players - that is just about the worst scenario for a team. The only remedy for the situation is a new Head Coach, or a new Offensive Coordinator - at the least, but I think you've got to go all the way with it - we've seen enough to know what Chan has to offer.

And - let's remember, Nix believed, before the season, that this team was talented enough to win at least 10 games. So, his expectations were playoffs, and competing with the Patriots for the AFC East. We'll see what he does about it.

I don't think we should judge a coach by his performance in the face of the media. This criticism of coaches has always bothered me. I don't care whether the coach is telegenic or a good interview. You know who else gives crappy pressers? Bill Belich****. Crennel in KC always talks good to the press. Crappy coach though.

That said, the benchmark that matters shows that Chan is over his head. He can't win games, and his coaching is losing us games. I'm ready for him to be done. His performance in the press conference has no bearing on the W-L record, so I don't care about that. But I do want him gone.

kj

I applaud your comments. I sometimes fear the majority of people don't see the same things I see. I see a coach who has been out-coached a lot over the past 2 seasons. I see a team that is undisciplined, young, and struggling to gauge their own abilities. Sure, they defend their coach, and they say the right things, but you can tell by their body language that they're frustrated, and you can see they don't believe they're capable of beating the big teams. Even if these comments were only true for a few players - that is just about the worst scenario for a team. The only remedy for the situation is a new Head Coach, or a new Offensive Coordinator - at the least, but I think you've got to go all the way with it - we've seen enough to know what Chan has to offer.

And - let's remember, Nix believed, before the season, that this team was talented enough to win at least 10 games. So, his expectations were playoffs, and competing with the Patriots for the AFC East. We'll see what he does about it.

Yes, this team does have enough talent to have made the playoffs this year. Before the season, we as fans expected it and the players expected it. As much as they say the games are played on the field, coaching is our downfall yet again. Tenn, Indi, StL, all winnable games. Possibly steal another, i.e NE and we are in. Think back over the past 3 years and look at all the close losses. Most have a similar pattern of bad decisions and outcomes. Good coaching changes many of them to wins.

You know the name of a college, but can't spell or pluralize words. Go back to school, fool.

You know the name of a college, but can't spell or pluralize words. Go back to school, fool.

There yu go. I fixxed it fore u(you forgat a cama befour fool). From one smart-ass to another. :beer:

Hint: Listen to yourself as you read the sentence and you should notice there should be a comma between school and fool.

Edited by Dopey

No they might not have had tape on that screen but they have tape on a ridiculous amount of passes, none of which are thrown for much more than 8 yards. It become easy to stuff a screen when there is no reason for your defensive players to run down field, and to make it easier on them youve made it very clear that they should be concerned with handing the ball off to CJ. :wallbash::bag:

There is no decision to be made, you go with the better player in CJ... Fred with his fumbling and injuries just isn't the same as even a year ago.

Why can everyone but Chan see that you need to put the ball in this guy's hands??? He is asked the question in every single interview and he gives half baked responses.

Well you dont want people to think we might of actually drafted a good player now fo you?

Well put and good post.

Chan lost it somewhere along the way recently or moreso this season and it is too obvious now to not be on Buudy's plate to chew.

And i am the minority in regard to Gailey. He is a smart MF. but he has no check and balance to get him back on the path. too late anyway i would guess.

Poor guy will retire unhappy. soon maybe.

Stupid Fitz. Bad call letting the teams hopes ride upon his play.

There is another dimension I have noticed in Chan, which to me explains his decisions and approach to the game: he is extremely STUBBORN. A sampling of examples, in my view:

- The whole 52 vs. 50 yard thing. A close game with no margin for error and he turns his back on potential points over two yards.

- Utilizing Fitz as if he's a passing surgeon like Brady, even while he's got arguably one of the best running backs in the league.

- Insisting on giving equal or more touches to Fred Jackson when there's not equal production (no disrespect to Fred) to CJ

- If the other team is loading up the box, we can't run the football.

- Insistence on running a spread offense in practically every situation (again, if you have Brady, maybe you can get away with it.

Gailey sounds senile because he's desperately trying to justify why his decisions make sense to an increasing vast audience which thinks otherwise. The guy trying to back up his argument that the sky is pink can't help but sound a bit off his rocker.

Edited by Stormin Norman

Chan is being forced to choose between a red-hot player (CJ), and the de facto leader of the locker room (Fred).

PTR

At this point if the locker room is favoring Freddie over a Red hot player like CJ, then this team is doomed.

I don't think we should judge a coach by his performance in the face of the media. This criticism of coaches has always bothered me. I don't care whether the coach is telegenic or a good interview. You know who else gives crappy pressers? Bill Belich****. Crennel in KC always talks good to the press. Crappy coach though. That said, the benchmark that matters shows that Chan is over his head. He can't win games, and his coaching is losing us games. I'm ready for him to be done. His performance in the press conference has no bearing on the W-L record, so I don't care about that. But I do want him gone. kj

I appreciate your post and you make a lot of good points. I agree that appearances (including how a person sounds) are a bit overrated but I also think you can tell a lot from pressers.

When I watch Belichick, I see a guy who is very tightly-wound, competitive to the point of not saying anything of value, contemptuous of the media, impatient and intelligent.

These are all traits which would normally serve a person well as a head coach. I have no doubt that if Belichick wanted that he would be a fascinating interview.

Gailey has never been very articulate and now his poorly-formulated messages are delivered in a resigned and mumbling manner. I believe this is a reflection of a very average guy whose spirit has been broken.

I've stated numerous times here that I don't believe it's necessary for a coach to yell and scream. That said, a coach is someone who leads a large group of very powerful men into combat. That coach has to have something which convinces his team to follow him, something with which to inspire confidence and trust.

That quality can be any number of different things: an impressive visage and stature, a powerful style of speaking, a clear and articulated intelligence, a solid temperament, an innate charisma, etc.

I still haven't figured out what Gailey uses to lead and inspire his men. He doesn't seem to have many tools at his disposal.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Where were you guys years ago when I was saying this stuff about this moron of a coach & GM? :nana:

Now, I'm just trying to be patient, and wait for some change or another...

That's funny. Last year at this time I was the one trying to be patient and give the benefit of the doubt.

My patience has been exhausted. If I thought he could turn things around I'd continue to be patient.

But I've seen this story many times before. A turnaround is not in the cards.

I should clarify. I'm still in Nix's corner but I'm done with Gailey.

Clayton is on ESPN Chicago radio right and said Chan will be back but Nix might be out also thinks "Fitzgerald" will definitely be back next year.

Whoa I need to hear more on this!!! Clayton may not be uber reliable, but for him to make that statement he has to have SOME inside stuff....Nix might be out??? But Chan will be back? That doesn't even make any sense to me...if that in fact is the case wouldn't that stink of Ralph's insistence on keeping Chan? Wouldn't any new GM coming in want to bring in his own head coach? I'm confused...

Whoa I need to hear more on this!!! Clayton may not be uber reliable, but for him to make that statement he has to have SOME inside stuff....Nix might be out??? But Chan will be back? That doesn't even make any sense to me...if that in fact is the case wouldn't that stink of Ralph's insistence on keeping Chan? Wouldn't any new GM coming in want to bring in his own head coach? I'm confused...

Unless that new GM was the man hired away from the Steelers a few years ago who is the most likely candidate. In house hiring seems to be the policy of Ralph for the GM spot since Donahoe damn near buried the franchise, so I would assume if this were the case Doug Whaley would be the next man for the job