Chan's statements

vegas55

I have been a Chan defender, but wow is he making it tough. You can understand a coach saying some dumb stuff right immediately after a game had ended, but with 24+ hours to think on it Chan stated the following:

He repeated and confirmed his statement that he decided against the field goal when he learned it was 52 yards instead of 50.

He stated it was "Fred's turn" as a partial explanation as to why one of the NFL's most dynamic backs gets 8 total touches

His explanation as to the mangling of clock management & play calling at the end of first half, was in part that they had called a screen pass that they had not used before, and did not expect the Rams to stuff it. This from a coach who has used the screen pass more than any NFL team in recent weeks. He was shocked the Rams were expecting it.

WOW

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chan's toast. He's fried. He's seems burnt out and out of ideas. He looked extremely rattled in the post game presser. He looked like he was on something in that presser. The team is lost and it reflects on him. It looks like the only chance of him getting canned would be during next season at best. Worst case is after next season. If he is here next season this team will really bottom out next year and be at one of it's lowest points in it's history. Very sad. I feel bad for all the proud fans that have to put up with this.

The thing I noticed also once the came out of the final time out that resulted in the interception none of the WR, or Running Back new where they were to lineup. This after a time out there is a definite lack of communication and I doubt it is coming from our Harvard Grad!

The thing I noticed also once the came out of the final time out that resulted in the interception none of the WR, or Running Back new where they were to lineup. This after a time out there is a definite lack of communication and I doubt it is coming from our Harvard Grad!

You know the name of a college, but can't spell or pluralize words. Go back to school fool.

Every time Chan opens his mouth the more fecal matter dribbles out. He must have a blockage on the other end. I agree, the dude is spewing out stuff that is border line incoherent.

:lol: Kind of reminds me of that episode of South Park, where everything Stan hears sounds like shyt.....I can just see Chan at the podium, and all of a sudden turds just start flying out of his mouth....

That pic cracks me up. Anyway, i like Chan and supported him but he's lost me. He looks and sounds more like grandpa everyday. Some National media are now calling him Andy Griffith. It's time to move on.

Andy Griffith and the Mayberry Bills... Nix can be Goober and Wanny seems like an Otis Campbell.

Shazam!!

His explanation as to the mangling of clock management & play calling at the end of first half, was in part that they had called a screen pass that they had not used before, and did not expect the Rams to stuff it. This from a coach who has used the screen pass more than any NFL team in recent weeks. He was shocked the Rams were expecting it.

The only thing I'll defend Chan on is this, and only partially. He emphasized that it was a screen they hadn't showed to anyone all year (presumably that includes preseason). So there was no film on it for the Rams to study. Yes, the Bills screen all the time, and yes, teams have been sitting on those screens more in the last few weeks, so I don't give Chan a pass on this one. But he's generally good with the screen game (a Pats-fan friend of mine always says Chan's the best in the league at screens), and the Bills run a lot of different screens. Even if the D knows that the next play is a screen pass, and even if they know it's going to a RB, they can still easily get burned by some of the fancier misdirection screens we sometimes run. So I don't think it's crazy for Chan to defend that call by saying that they hadn't run that particular play yet this season. Full disclosure: I didn't see the play in question, and I'm assuming it was something that played off of plays we've run a lot before -- i.e., make the D think it's a play they prepared for, then surprise them.

Anyway, I completely share the outrage over Chan's other comments. Really just indefensible, and very frustrating to listen to. Beyond everything else, I'm sick of hearing about how close we are. We heard that under Jauron, too. When bad teams play other bad teams, it shouldn't be surprising that the games are close at the end. But whether we barely win or barely lose, we're still a bad team. We played like a good team against KC, Cleveland, Jacksonville, and parts of the NE games, and that's it. Arizona and Miami were absolute garbage when we played them -- if we'd played well at all, we'd have won both games by 2+ TDs.

Every time Chan opens his mouth the more fecal matter dribbles out. He must have a blockage on the other end. I agree, the dude is spewing out stuff that is border line incoherent.

Sometimes when I watch him coach and hear what he says, (and see that terrible beard) I think he has a drug or alcohol problem. No sane, sober person could seemingly say and/or do all the ridiculous stuff he does. I think they should test him. I'm not even kidding.

His body language screams defeated man. But if the Bills were 8-5, the same stuff he would be saying would make a lot of sense.

No it wouldn't. When you win the fans expect more. Look at the Ravens canning their OC. Teams dedicated to winning expect to win, and demand winning. 8-5, that's not great either. It's average.

Everyone outside of Chan sees how ludicrous his coaching decisions and statements to the media are. This obviously has to extend to the players. They're doing an admirable job of being PC with the media but it's gonna blow up eventually. I think even Fitz has been disappointed with Chan this year and that's his most vocal supporter. We can only hope that Buddy sees reality.

Sometimes when I watch him coach and hear what he says, (and see that terrible beard) I think he has a drug or alcohol problem. No sane, sober person could seemingly say and/or do all the ridiculous stuff he does. I think they should test him. I'm not even kidding.

No it wouldn't. When you win the fans expect more. Look at the Ravens canning their OC. Teams dedicated to winning expect to win, and demand winning. 8-5, that's not great either. It's average.

Great point. I've become so accustomed to losing that I wouldn't even know what to do with myself if were 8-5 at this point in a season....