Fred Jackson - torn MCL, out for season

Fezmid

Just got this from FootballGuys:

Hi Folks,

Bad news for Buffalo as ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting that Bills RB Fred Jackson suffered a torn medial collateral ligament that is likely to end his season.

Thanks to Footballguy Cecil Lammey for the headsup.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to say that it might even be a career ender. Freddy's got all the heart in the world but age has caught up to him and his body cannot hold up to the beating an NFL running back, even one splitting time, takes.

Get well soon, Freddy. Much admiration.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

That's too bad. I like Freddie.

Obviously, it's too late to teach Chan to split the time between CJ and Freddie. The guy is flat out stubborn and blames CJ's lack of touches on him being "winded"....Bull$heet!!!

Now he has no choice but to use CJ...just in time for us to win 3 games at the end of the season.....what a bonehead!!

I agree, I don't think it's a career ender. Best case scenario is that he's back next year as a third down back, with Spiller carrying the load. But we all know that's dreaming.

I agree, I don't think it's a career ender. Best case scenario is that he's back next year as a third down back, with Spiller carrying the load. But we all know that's dreaming.

This one injury on its own maybe not, but he's been carted off 3 of his last 8 or so games.

Sad to say that it might even be a career ender. Freddy's got all the heart in the world but age has caught up to him and his body cannot hold up to the beating an NFL running back, even one splitting time, takes.

Get well soon, Freddy. Much admiration.

Yeah I think Fred Jackson will be back next season. Its not really a horrible injury. Obviously its not body so its easy to say but I don't think this will sideline him for long.

Now if he took that time to figure out why he started fumbling that would be helpful.

Didn't he have a long streak of touches without a fumble prior to 2012?

His two fumbles took points of the board and cost wins they were killer.