Fred Jackson - torn MCL, out for season

Fezmid

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how much hate there is here for Fred here after all the love and kisses last year.

Yeah I am surprised too, I mean I got flamed so bad when I said in the preseason that I didn't even think Fred was our best RB on our team anymore. Yeah, some people are spewing some hate, but I think others (like me) just hate how Chan used Fred and Spiller (or more like didn't use them). Fred is a great guy for this team, and I think a great change of pace back at this point. However, Spiller is probably the second best RB in the league right now behind only AP IMO, and Chan's refusal to take advantage of that by either not running enough or giving Fred the bulk of the carries has angered some fans and now they have pointed that anger at Fred.

Fred is a good RB at this point still, but Spiller is elite now. I would welcome Fred back, but only as a complimentary player to Spiller with CJ getting at least 20 touches a game no matter what.

Yeah I am surprised too, I mean I got flamed so bad when I said in the preseason that I didn't even think Fred was our best RB on our team anymore. Yeah, some people are spewing some hate, but I think others (like me) just hate how Chan used Fred and Spiller (or more like didn't use them). Fred is a great guy for this team, and I think a great change of pace back at this point. However, Spiller is probably the second best RB in the league right now behind only AP IMO, and Chan's refusal to take advantage of that by either not running enough or giving Fred the bulk of the carries has angered some fans and now they have pointed that anger at Fred.

Fred is a good RB at this point still, but Spiller is elite now. I would welcome Fred back, but only as a complimentary player to Spiller with CJ getting at least 20 touches a game no matter what.

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?pos=RB

By these measures, Fred is one of the worst seven backs in the league this year, out of 55 who have played enough downs to be eligible. CJ is the second-best, sandwiched between Ray Rice and Peterson. When your top back (Spiller) is having such an incredible season, you would think the change-of-pace back would also put up good numbers in limited time (as is usually the case: see Kendall Hunter, Mark Ingram, Daniel Thomas, etc.).

Sorry, Fred has been awful this year, and will only get worse. He's done. It's time to cut him and draft a RB in the middle rounds of of the draft.

Just wondering, does it hurt as much for you as it does for me to see what Marshawn Lynch is doing now?

I love this hindsight BS. Jackson was a MVP candidate until he got hurt last year. Spiller might be the most dangerous back besides AP. Lynch is an idiot and forced his way out of town. And I know for a fact he's still doing stuff that could get suspended. RB is so not a problem.

Btw, props to the Bills for paying FJax. If we were the Pats, we would have just him. But I guess nice teams don't win.

I love this hindsight BS. Jackson was a MVP candidate until he got hurt last year. Spiller might be the most dangerous back besides AP. Lynch is an idiot and forced his way out of town. And I know for a fact he's still doing stuff that could get suspended. RB is so not a problem.

Btw, props to the Bills for paying FJax. If we were the Pats, we would have just him. But I guess nice teams don't win.

Ray Rice, Spiller, and AP are the three most dangerous backs in football, yet Spiller has 80 fewer carries than Rice and 120 fewer than AP. Ravens fans, by the way, were furious with Cam Cameron for underusing Rice. Imagine if they used him as little as we do Spiller.

Edited by ny33

Care to expound?