Fitz was outstanding.. for all you haters

8-8 Forever?

As for Fitz, I love people have to take 2 completely hard stances. He sucks or you're a homer. Here are some facts though:

1) Fitz outplayed Bradford, the #1 overall pick, as he has for the last 3 years. If the Bills had any playmakers, he would(n't?) have tossed the game losing INT on that drive. His throw on 4th down was freaking awful, but he got bailed out. ^====correction?

2) As a result, Fitz isn't the worst starting QB in the league and a high pick doesn't guarantee anything.

3) 12 points is not enough to win a NFL game.

4) At the same time, the 30+ points Fitz scored against NE and Tenn are.

Here's the bottomline. There are worse starters in the league. If the defense played at this level earlier in the season, we have a different record. But this team reflects Fitz. They are too hot and cold and not consistent. Fitz' best role is as a backup/ spot starter/ mentor. This team owes us a legit QB who can make all the tools. Not another retread that some other team gave up on. IMO, the only way to give a new breath to this team is to get a new QB. Keep Fitz and let him compete but slant the job to the rookie.

Honestly, I would have 0 issues if the team made a move for Geno Smith or Matt Barkley. All this teams' ills are not on Fitz. But a good team simply can't count on Fitz. This is the most talented team we have had in 10 years. But if you asked them honestly, most have lost faith in Fitz. It's time for a change and it's time for the Bills to draft a guy with a legit college resume (not Trent playing 3 game for an awful Stanford team or Losman struggling to win in Conference USA).

Pretty much, this. I laugh at the polarized posts (you either hate Fitz and agree he's putrid and sucks worse than 31 QB in the league, or you're a Fitzlover who (vulgarities)).

I loathe all the posts clamoring for this that or the other retread QB who has worn out his welcome on his current team (and maybe a couple teams before that).

Fitz isn't good enough to be The Guy. Some of us thought maybe he could take a step, be a late bloomer, and become good enough. We were mistaken. He may be better than a couple of #1 draft picks who are disappointments, but not busts - but that's not enough.

I want to see the team draft a QB who has a legitimate shot to be at least top 10 in the league. And if our draftee isn't "all that" after a fair shot, I want to see the team try again, and again, until we get it right.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this the 3rd or 4th time you've said this?

nope this is it yall can discuss "the guy"

have retired from previous threads before over the fitz colored glasses some of yall forget to take off.

now retiring from all fitztalk, not just singular threads...........so freakpop you and your fitzbackers club can speak freely as IMO a fitzbacker doesn't have credibility to speak football with..............felt the same way about Trentbackers.

Use your eyes people is the best advice i can give. I just want a real qb. Keep whining about my posts because your fitzcrush has betrayed you. hurts a lil huh?

Edited by Ryan L Billz

nope this is it yall can discuss "the guy"

have retired from previous threads before over the fitz colored glasses some of yall forget to take off.

now retiring from all fitztalk, not just singular threads...........so freakpop you and your fitzbackers club can speak freely as IMO a fitzbacker doesn't have credibility to speak football with..............felt the same way about Trentbackers.

Use your eyes people is the best advice i can give. I just want a real qb. Keep whining about my posts because your fitzcrush has betrayed you. hurts a lil huh?

Yall, haven't heard that since I lived in Florida, southern thing, thank god!

Good retire from TBD also, we can only hope.

What it really boils down is the lack of your football IQ to understand or have a tolerance to other peoples opinions that disagree with you, and in turn it starts to be a pisssing match because of your blind devotion to your cause.

Advice, from you, no thank you, period!

Well, boohoo puppydog. Equally annoyed at your constant pot shots and heavy handed way you attempt to counter anybody who doesn't share your same point of view. And yes all Fitz haters want an elite QB(and I want one also) because an average Fitz isn't good enough to them.

So you have something in common with "Fitzhaters". See YA'LL ,it is a small world after all!

Yall, haven't heard that since I lived in Florida, southern thing, thank god!

Good retire from TBD also, we can only hope.

What it really boils down is the lack of your football IQ to understand or have a tolerance to other peoples opinions that disagree with you, and in turn it starts to be a pisssing match because of your blind devotion to your cause.

Advice, from you, no thank you, period!

I have plenty of tolerance sir and there is no cause.....unless you are referring to the cause of making the playoffs. which i do indeed support.

your panties get in a bunch on every fitzpost....... "blind devotion to the cause" should be your screenname IMO..........no need to comment, we already know what your gonna say.

your namecalling with the iq stuff for the 10th time is a little tired.........if you wanna come to my house and play football jeopardy for $$$ COME ON DOWN! just leave your #14 jersey at home and i will welcome you in with open arms.

I like good qb's i guess i should apologize for that around sensitive fitzbackers like yourself. three more embarrassing weeks and maybe you will change your tune. 5-8 sucks a major one in my book.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I have plenty of tolerance sir and there is no cause.....unless you are referring to the cause of making the playoffs. which i do indeed support.

your panties get in a bunch on every fitzpost....... "blind devotion to the cause" should be your screenname IMO..........no need to comment, we already know what your gonna say.

your namecalling with the iq stuff for the 10th time is a little tired.........if you wanna come to my house and play football jeopardy for $$$ COME ON DOWN! just leave your #14 jersey at home and i will welcome you in with open arms.

I like good qb's i guess i should apologize for that around sensitive fitzbackers like yourself. three more embarrassing weeks and maybe you will change your tune. 5-8 sucks a major one in my book.

ooohhh, big letters again.

So that is why you think you are the Buffalo Bills savant. I see!

bobo...we can be friends man.....i hated 14 i hated trent it is what it is.

we can love the new "qb x" together! haaaaa

So, you think Roman numerals on jerseys will catch on? I do, too.

We haven't had a good QB since XII wore the uniform.

GO BILLS!!!

Long and short of it, going deep is a problem.

Fitzpatrick has hit just seven passes this season that traveled more than 20 yards down field.

http://www.buffalone.../121219453/1004

Of all the embarrassing statistics tied to The Bills 2012 Season, this has to rank near the top...If the 16th and 17th ranked teams have 40, and 39, 20 yd-plus pass plays respectively...And The Bills are sitting at 7??? Really? 7? That seems impossible... :huh:

Of all the embarrassing statistics tied to The Bills 2012 Season, this has to rank near the top...If the 16th and 17th ranked teams have 40, and 39, 20 yd-plus pass plays respectively...And The Bills are sitting at 7??? Really? 7? That seems impossible... :huh:

not to take the bills off the hook.....but...

Buffalo has 33 pass plays of 20 or more yards, which is tied for the third fewest in the NFL.... of those 33, only 7 of the 33 were the result of fitz throwing the ball "IN THE AIR" 20 or more yards......the other 26 plays that resulted in big gains were short passes, screens or runs.

not to take the bills off the hook.....but...

Buffalo has 33 pass plays of 20 or more yards, which is tied for the third fewest in the NFL.... of those 33, only 7 of the 33 were the result of fitz throwing the ball "IN THE AIR" 20 or more yards......the other 26 plays that resulted in big gains were short passes, screens or runs.

Right...I understood that part...But you have to figure all these Teams with more 20 yd-plus plays have at least a few of those screens or swing passes that broke for a nice gain...I'm thinking in the end it will all average out to The Bills being no where near good enough...Big surprise! ;)

people are STILL arguing over Ryan Fitzpatrick?

This is why it sucks to be a Bills fan for the past decade. The big topic is whether an 8th year journeyman who cannot hit big plays, is completely erratic, and melts when the pressure is on is actually a lot better than you think he is!

Honestly! What more do you need to see?

Pretty much, this. I laugh at the polarized posts (you either hate Fitz and agree he's putrid and sucks worse than 31 QB in the league, or you're a Fitzlover who (vulgarities)).

I loathe all the posts clamoring for this that or the other retread QB who has worn out his welcome on his current team (and maybe a couple teams before that).

Fitz isn't good enough to be The Guy. Some of us thought maybe he could take a step, be a late bloomer, and become good enough. We were mistaken. He may be better than a couple of #1 draft picks who are disappointments, but not busts - but that's not enough.

I want to see the team draft a QB who has a legitimate shot to be at least top 10 in the league. And if our draftee isn't "all that" after a fair shot, I want to see the team try again, and again, until we get it right.

Nailed it.

people are STILL arguing over Ryan Fitzpatrick?

This is why it sucks to be a Bills fan for the past decade. The big topic is whether an 8th year journeyman who cannot hit big plays, is completely erratic, and melts when the pressure is on is actually a lot better than you think he is!

Honestly! What more do you need to see?

Exactly, I mean who cares if he throw's for 250+ yards and a TD. Stats don't win games, and Fitz isn't a rookie. The problem is, is that you can't depend on him to come through in the clutch and produce a game winning drive. He's been the QB for 3 years now and still can't fully take control of the offense, c'mon man that's a tell tale sign of what you have....a puppet. He might've only threw one pick, but that pick comes on the last drive of every game! Fitz isn't the biggest problem but he's a problem.