Fitz was outstanding.. for all you haters

8-8 Forever?

Just look at his win versus loss record. ( Nuff said )

just look at his 4rth quarter comebacks. ( Nuff said )

Just look at his arm that rarely goes 10 yards without forcing so much he has a bacon strip in his shorts. ( Nuff said )

just look at his ability to call an audible when its a run play and the opposing team has 8 in the box. ( Nuff said )

WE NEED A QB!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just look at his win versus loss record. ( Nuff said )

just look at his 4rth quarter comebacks. ( Nuff said )

Just look at his arm that rarely goes 10 yards without forcing so much he has a bacon strip in his shorts. ( Nuff said )

just look at his ability to call an audible when its a run play and the opposing team has 8 in the box. ( Nuff said )

Calling all fitzbackers read this post by Curitiba 10 times.......process the information, then step away from the fitzcuses, replace oustanding with terrible OP and this thread would be relevant.

Curt's post is to the point and paints a very clear picture.

To the draft batman, time to get a real qb, if you all show a bum qb this much love, i wonder whats gonna happen if we get a real qb?

WE NEED A QB!

Edited by Ryan L Billz

if someone was lame enought to put together an amish rifle "not so highlight" film it would be pretty brutal.....keep slinging mud on other qb's due to the fact fitz is so putrid......... it doesn't really help his cause. Cutler 8-5 playoff bound with no OL whatsoever.

I live in Chicago and watch Cutler play. I understand not liking him because he's surly, but he's on a completely different level than Fitz. He's so much better on so many different levels, I could take a whole page.

But Fitz is a nice guy who interviews better...sooooo whatever.

I don't dislike Cutler because he's surly. Who the phuck am I to judge his character one way or the other?

I don't care for him as a QB, is all. I've seen dozens of his games over the years going back to his Vandy days. He's got one of the strongest arms I've ever seen on a QB. He also makes one bad decision after another and his propensity to not set his feet is maddening.

I'm not sure what Fitz's ability to give interviews has to do with anything. That won't make him a better QB.

GO BILLS!!!

25 of 32, 250+, 1 score in mid December. and got the crap kicked out of him. This guy is not our biggest problem. Do I want a 6'4" Superman QB? sure , that would be nice. But Fitz is no slouch.

As I recall, in two piviotl instances he failed to deliver: the end of the 1st half with terrible clock management and failing to throw the ball into the end zone (don't give me any BS about how Chan called the plays, have faith in yourself and audible out of them); and at the end of the game throws yet another drive killing INT. Fitz is the problem . The D has not let up over 16 points in 3 straight games. The D used to be the excuse for Fitz's inabilities. Gailey put the game on his shoulders and he came up short. Gailey is problem #1, Fitz is problem #2, the D is problem #3.

Oh look it's the "we don't have Tom Brady and I won't be happy til we do" argument. Dose of realism here pal, odds are we won't next year either. This is this response I'd expect from a guy who has his hopes crushed when he loses the powerball and pouts all day.

To another poster who said we can agree Fitz isn't the answer. As lame as this sounds, that depends on the question. Do I think he's a hall of famer, like everyone who calls me a Fitz homer says? I don't. I think he's an average QB. Just average. I'd rather build a team around Fitz until we find a more solid QB to plug into our system. You can't build around a guy like Losman and Edwards. It doesn't work.

Fitz is exactly what a young team needs and in 2-3 years, he'll be replaced by our answer.

God help him if the new guy plays like crap though. We'll have everyone here singing songs about how much we miss Fitz, and his QB skills besides his arm.

Hindsight is 20/20.

I agree that more than likely the Bills won't have a Tom Brady next year. But here's a little reality right back at you. Until the Bills do find one who is comparable to Brady they will never win the division until he retires. That leaves the Bills fighting for one of two wildcard spots and unless all the stars perfectly align Fitzpatrick will not be able to get them there.

So it's perfectly understandable why Bills fans are impatient. The bottom line is that in the entire history of the Bills franchise they have never placed a priority on the QB. In 50+ years of the team they have drafted either a HB or DB with their first overall pick 50% of the time. They have never used that pick to select a QB.

The problem for many fans isn't that they don't have a top tier QB. The problem is it doesn't seem they are even interested in getting one. In a QB driven league that's a recipe for losing.

So, until the Bills find their own guy who is comprable to a guy for which a strong argument can be made that he's the very best ever, they won't be a winner.

Got it.

Ummmmm...yeah. That's about the gist of it.

At the start of any NFL season you can pretty much pick whose going to win a division by who has the best QB.

Ummmmm...yeah. That's about the gist of it.

At the start of any NFL season you can pretty much pick whose going to win a division by who has the best QB.

So until we have a guy who is arguably the best quarterback to ever play the game, we can't compete? Furthermore, quarterback quality is a highly predictive metric? Edited by TakeYouToTasker

So until we have a guy who is arguably the best quarterback to ever play the game, we can't compete? Furthermore, quarterback quality is a highly predictive metric?

If we upgrade significantly at QB the Bills can easily compete for a wildcard spot. The division not so much. Since Brady came into the AFC East how many division crowns has he won. The only time the Pats didn't capture the division in the last 10 years was when Brady was injured for the year. Coincidence? I don't believe in coincidences.

Look at the division in the 90's before Brady. The 2 best QBs were in Buffalo and Miami. Guess who dominated the division then? Since then the league has become even more of a QB driven league. Having a great defense or a top notch RB is no guarantee of the playoffs. The top 10 defenses right now are Pittsburgh, San Fran, Seattle, Denver, Chicago, Cincinnati, Houston, NY Jets, San Diego, St. Louis. How many of those teams are making the playoffs? About half? The top RB this year is Peterson. How are the Vikings chances at the post season?

This isn't the NFL of the 70's, 80's and even the 90's. There are no great teams like there was back then. In 2012 all teams are flawed to one degree or another. What is needed is a QB who can overcome his teams flaws and still find a way to win. Until the Bills can find that guy they're barely treading water.

Edited by gumby

I'm all for the Bills drafting a QB if that have a strong love for one but this is the reality

1. the draft averages two starting QBs a year- sometimes it's four and sometimes it's zero but it averages around 2

2. of those 2 QBs only one will be clearly better than Fitz

3. of those QBs who are clearly better than Fitz almost none of them will be better than Fitz in their rookie season, maybe 1 in ten, a few more in the second season but most will really show in their third season.

I'm all for the Bills drafting a QB if that have a strong love for one but this is the reality

1. the draft averages two starting QBs a year- sometimes it's four and sometimes it's zero but it averages around 2

2. of those 2 QBs only one will be clearly better than Fitz

3. of those QBs who are clearly better than Fitz almost none of them will be better than Fitz in their rookie season, maybe 1 in ten, a few more in the second season but most will really show in their third season.

Good points. And it's for these reasons I think Buddy and Co. have been content to keep building the squad through the draft and key FA acquisitions. If there wasn't a guy whom they thought could supplant Fitz and come in and play immediately and give them a better chance of winning, what Buddy often refers as that "10-15 year guy", it's understandable why they'd wait before pulling the trigger on that guy.

Now many are complaining about not taking Dalton, Wilson, etc. but I can see why they didn't think either was compelling enough coming out of college to warrant the investment when they saw other players who could come in and contribute sooner at other positions.

That said, I have a hunch that next draft is when they pull the trigger on somebody.

GO BILLS!!!

Oh look it's the "we don't have Tom Brady and I won't be happy til we do" argument. Dose of realism here pal, odds are we won't next year either. This is this response I'd expect from a guy who has his hopes crushed when he loses the powerball and pouts all day.

To another poster who said we can agree Fitz isn't the answer. As lame as this sounds, that depends on the question. Do I think he's a hall of famer, like everyone who calls me a Fitz homer says? I don't. I think he's an average QB. Just average. I'd rather build a team around Fitz until we find a more solid QB to plug into our system. You can't build around a guy like Losman and Edwards. It doesn't work.

Fitz is exactly what a young team needs and in 2-3 years, he'll be replaced by our answer.

God help him if the new guy plays like crap though. We'll have everyone here singing songs about how much we miss Fitz, and his QB skills besides his arm.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Ok, seriously, I am getting tired of this response that talks about people clamoring for an elite QB. NO ONE expects the Bills to find the next Tom Brady, a top 10 QB all time, and some consider top 5. Geezus, the over dramatization by the apologists of this fact is so annoying. You act like Fitz is so good that the only way to upgrade him is with an Elite all time best QB...get real. Any top 15 QB would be an upgrade and if we can find a guy who is accurate, can use the whole field, and not mistake prone we would be doing just fine. Do we need a Brady...no, obviously it would be great, but we don't need a Brady. Even a 2nd tier guy would be a nice upgrade from Fitz, a third tier guy.

No one has some unrealistic expectation or demand to find the next HOF QB, just someone who win some games.

The problem for many fans isn't that they don't have a top tier QB. The problem is it doesn't seem they are even interested in getting one. In a QB driven league that's a recipe for losing.

Well...They may not have been before...That's fairly obvious at this point...But now they have no choice...And they know it...Believe me, they know it... B-)