anyone else kind of glad the season is over?

truth on hold

Sure I was po'd at first because the way we lost and because a win would have put us just a game behind steelers and Bengals in the WC race, after they both lost today.

But let's be honest, this team wasnt going anywhere and didn't deserve to be in post season this year. The longer they remained relevant, the more aggrivating it was, and the more time and energy I wasted on s futile endeavor.

At least theres clarity on whats needed in the off season and the preparation can start now . And if I happen to catch some of their games on TV I can sit back and enjoy the play better knowing nothings at stake.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Sure I was po'd at first because the way we lost and because a win would have put us just a game behind steelers and Bengals in the WC race, after they both lost today.

But let's be honest, this team wasnt going anywhere and didn't deserve to be in post season this year. The longer they remained relevant, the more aggrivating it was, and the more time and energy I wasted on s futile endeavor.

At least theres clarity on whats needed in the off season and the preparation can start now . And if I happen to catch some of their games on TV I can sit back and enjoy the play better knowing nothings at stake.

Your comment on "waste of time and energy" is right on. I have always felt than many times the fans have more invested in the team than the coaches, and execs.

This year is almost as frustrating as Jauron was...Gailly has become the obvious issue...play calling, clock management, Spiller issue, all which seem to fans to be so logically fixable. WTF. You walk away from a game feeling you have been cheated...not by the players but by the team.

Is the fix in??? How can an organization be so inept for so long.

They do not deserve your life, focus, love and energy. The feeling of relief is overwelming when they are done. Thank goodness that they play in Toronto.

(Consider how impossilbe that was to say 5 years ago)

Enjoy the season...without the heartbreak of the Bills

Glad the season is over?

You could say as much .. the season is over that is

However if you pick some spoiler games in the next few weeks -

the Bills still can get a WC (if they can get their collective offense out of its own arse) at 8-8 if all the WC teams flop too? http://espn.go.com/n...layoffs/machine

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Not this year. In past years when they died it didnt bother me. Becuase they were bad going in to the season, so I had no expecations. This year it does bother me becuase they really should have been better. And the fact they shot themselves in the foot time after time after time really gets infuriating after a while.

I agree, 3 games to give back ups some experience and see if they have potential. Call it preseason games for 2013

The problem is, Gailey will not do this. He will continue to trot Fitz out there. Time to play TJ to see if he has anything. May not be a starter, but we'll need a backup next year. Fitz should not be it, unless he takes a massive salary cut. TJ could be it, or the starter heading into camp to compete w/ whoever we draft. Thiggy should be cut.

I am never glad when football season is over...I will try, however much in vain, to extract as much pleasure out of the last 3 games as possible...and then start the count down to another draft, free agency, training camp...pre-season games... only to watch it all erode into the same ol, same ol over the last four months of the year...

Nope not yet.

I think the Bills lose any playoff tiebreaker with the Steelers or Bengals due to strength of victory, so the only reason they are still mathematically alive is because of the faint possibility of a tie during the week 16 Bengals vs. Steelers game.

I agree, 3 games to give back ups some experience and see if they have potential. Call it preseason games for 2013

Exactly. They are building a team. I think they made a lot of progress this year. CJ is the man -- Fred will go back seat next year for sure. TJ got his first NFL WR season under his belt and with Stevie and David Nelson coming back, you gotta like that mix. Searcy, Brooks and Gilmore ready to join Byrd in a quality, young secondary. Buddy has singlehandedly built quality 7 man and 8 man DL and OL rotations , respectively via draft, undrafted guys and FAs -- took 3 years, but he did it. We are closer to relevance than we have been since Bledsoe. Got to sign Byrd and Levitre, but assuming that, I like 'em. Chan's playcalling still worries me, but he will only go with what he trusts, and it takes time for him to trust plays and players. He and Wanny are loosening things up. I still like 'em for next year.

Please, I'm beggin' ya' to stop even thinking about a wildcard berth even being a glimmer in your eye. Think--toast, chewed up and spit out, long gone, collect the equipment!

If we fans are extremely lucky, the Bills will be under new ownership before training camp, 2013.

No, I am not glad, I'm quite disappointed. I actually had genuine hope this year, unlike the last few. I'm still dealing with those hopes being crushed. And watching the games with fellow Bills fans on Sundays isn't as fun once the games are meaningless. Yeah, technically still in the hunt, but c'mon. I think even the coaches and players realize how bad they suck at this point. I know I'm now completely hopeless and demoralized. So no, not glad at all.