who's used a pawn shop to buy things from?

The Poojer

First off I understand that it's buyer beware.

Second, just found out a friends family owns a well established shop in west Philly.

Curious about what to expect for pricing. Looking for an iPhone(not necessarily the iPhone 5).

Do I expect to pay $300? $200? $150?

I've never been in one and I understand its a bartering thing...I just don't want to expect an iPhone for $3 and find out they go for $400.

I understand I can't get a definitive answer here...just general boundaries.

Second, just found out a friends family owns a well established shop in west Philly.

Curious about what to expect for pricing. Looking for an iPhone(not necessarily the iPhone 5).

I've never been in one and I understand its a bartering thing...I just don't want to expect an iPhone for $3 and find out they go for $400.

I understand I can't get a definitive answer here...just general boundaries.

I'd guess that one varies hugely by model. Think competitive used prices generally.

An iPhone 5 from a pawn shop? Seriously?

First off, who is your carrier? And if you have one, can you upgrade your phone? Second of all, do you know that if you get an iPhone, you'll have to pay a $30/month data charge?

Ask them.

.....go to pawn shops and look around for fun if you find something you may want try to haggle for it...but do not go to buy an Iphone from a pawn shop. There are a million places you can find an Iphone...pawn shop is the worst of them all.