Matt Flynn? [yet another QB thread]

Virgil

What happened to this guy? He had three teams vying for his services in the offseason. Came in and killed it for Aaron Rodgers in the few games he played for him against good teams. I know that the Seahawks went with Wilson out of training camp, so maybe it's that he got beat out by a rookie...

But how has this guy disappeared in a league where many teams need starting QB's. I can't imagine the Seahawks want to pay this guy to ride the pine.

I mean, I haven't heard a single trade rumor from anywhere. I'm not saying I want him here, but I also don't know enough about him. From the little I know, I would at least see what the Seahawks asking price would be

I''m in, wanted him in the off season. he would have given us hope. But a bizarre logic was used to conclude that because he excelled in his 3 starts, set records, and won accolades from his team mates, he was most certainly a one hit wonder. Like he would have been better off registering 3 mediocre outings?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

No way they ask for a 1st. Other than a relatively modest contract they gave up nothing to get him. And they went with a rookie over him. Too much ammo to use against them to ask for a 1st and they know it. And you're argument about trading for a QB is nonsense. Every situation is different. By your logic since ,most QBs drafted never make it long term, we should never draft a QB either.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

No way they ask for a 1st.

Sea: "We can't take a first off of you Buddy, it would be criminal"

Buddy: "Okay then 2 First rounders and not a penny less"

Sea: "No...Buddy, I don't think you underst....."

Buddy: "You sure do drive a hard bargain, but you're messin with a Southern good ol' boy....and we always win"

Sea: "Just give us a third"

Buddy: "Three first rounders it is!"

Exactly. He was Trent Dilfer in college and a 7th round pick. A lot of QBs would look good on GB. Plus, he kinda looks like Fitz. Draft a guy, no more retreads.

Exactly - an LSU championship qb going that late is for a reason.

He also put up that great game against Detroit, who gives up great games to qbs regularly.

His a gritty kid with an underwhelming arm. Getting him would be like going back to the day we got fitz and starting the cycle again.

Exactly - an LSU championship qb going that late is for a reason.

More nonsense talk. Like saying "tom Brady was drafted that late for a reason." Or "jamarcus Russell was drafted 1 overall for a reason."

Yeap where you're drafted is the final determination of what you do as a pro RATHER than what you actually do as a pro. Unreal

More nonsense talk. Like saying "tom Brady was drafted that late for a reason." Or "jamarcus Russell was drafted 1 overall for a reason."

Yeap where you're drafted is the final determination of what you do as a pro RATHER than what you actually do as a pro. Unreal

Tell me joe, how has his arm changed since lsu. Can he make more of the throws now? Is it really absurd to present such a strong situational clue to a group, 90% of which never saw him in college but will be arguing he has a good arm off one game they saw a stat line for.

Tom Brady is near unrecognizable in his physical changes - has Flynn done similar?

I have to disagree on the arm part, but I admit to only watching the GB/NE game. In that one, his arm looked great and he made every throw look easy. If that game was him playing out of his mind, then so be it. But he looked perfectly fine to me

actually I believe Flynn had 2 good games with one coming at the Pats in place of Rodgers who was injured so he has double the experience Rob Johnson had

the guy I wanted the Bills to take a chance on was Brady Quinn. I was not a fan of drafting him but he was more then worth taking a chance on last offseason

Edited by Max997

Sea: "We can't take a first off of you Buddy, it would be criminal"

Buddy: "Okay then 2 First rounders and not a penny less"

Sea: "No...Buddy, I don't think you underst....."

Buddy: "You sure do drive a hard bargain, but you're messin with a Southern good ol' boy....and we always win"

Sea: "Just give us a third"

Buddy: "Three first rounders it is!"

I really just don't get "humor" like this or the attitude behind it.

Please name the bad trade Buddy made:...

Yeah.

Nix's draft results are mixed, but one thing you can't accuse him of is making crazy trades with his draft picks - in fact, a fair criticism might be that he's too conservative with them.

the guy I wanted the Bills to take a chance on was Brady Quinn. I was not a fan of drafting him but he was more then worth taking a chance on last offseason

Same here. I really don't think Quinn's gotten enough of a shot yet to write off.

No thanks. Someone else said it above...Fitz may be with us for next season so drafting a QB (2nd, 3rd rounder) may be our best option at this point. Trading for Flynn means: 1) We pay more money or higher draft pick to get him, and 2) We have another QB who may or may not be able to comprehend the Dead Sea Scrolls (a/k/a Chan's Playbook). I say, keep your draft picks and money, find a bright, shiny, new, young, athletic, tall, strong armed, mobile QB and have him learn the offense with Fitz. Use your 1st round pick for a monster LB, pick up an OL in free agency or later rounds of draft, and let Thigpen and T Jax go (a failed experiment apparently if they won't let him play). Now that all of our problems are resolved, shall we move onto the situation in the Middle East?? Suggestions?

actually I believe Flynn had 2 good games with one coming at the Pats in place of Rodgers who was injured so he has double the experience Ron Johnson had

Would be nice if Brady Quinn lights it up for the next 4 games to woo KC into a false sense of security about their QB situation.

I really just don't get "humor" like this or the attitude behind it.

Please name the bad trade Buddy made:...

Yeah.

Nix's draft results are mixed, but one thing you can't accuse him of is making crazy trades with his draft picks - in fact, a fair criticism might be that he's too conservative with them.

Same here. I really don't think Quinn's gotten enough of a shot yet to write off.

Quinn is already on his third team. How many shots does he need?

I have to disagree on the arm part, but I admit to only watching the GB/NE game. In that one, his arm looked great and he made every throw look easy. If that game was him playing out of his mind, then so be it. But he looked perfectly fine to me

why do you think an SEC national championship winner with a lot of character slipped so far down the boards?

unless something has changed with his arm, im guessing (and i didnt see all of the NE or detroit games) that he was asked to make throws they felt comfortable with, with a stacked receiving corps against to (granted good teams) poor secondaries.

hes a lot like fitz, and those games are a lot like fitz looking better than he is several times (especially when there wasnt a lot of film on him or the system hed be running).

if someone that watched him in college and pros can tell me his arm changed then ill buy it, but the guy i saw play at lsu, and for short bits in GB is not a step up from fitz. he is fitz 2.0

Gritty, respected leader, college winner, showed flashes in a pro uniform (wont say he doesnt belong in the nfl). can move around a bit, but just doesnt have the big NFL arm to lead a team.

Edited by NoSaint