playoff scenario thread.

djp14150

As much as you probably enjoyed posting that, it makes 0 sense. If all those teams lose out and the Bills win out, they would be in. Now there's no way in hell it will happen, but there's no way they can be eliminated yet unless I'm missing something.

So are you saying the playoff drought gets extended or not?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't matter to me. Even if they did squeek in, they would be quickly eliminated. I don't care about droughts or moral victories. 4 years of losing the Superbowl taught me it's all about winning THAT game....and the Bills are at least 1 Franchise QB away.

I'm just going to watch these final 4 weeks and hope they win 'em all. Maybe drafting in the middle is better for us.

The Bills need as much confidence a spossible heading into next year. For all you lose out and get a better draft pick, sorry but picks are a crap shoot. Bills will not be picking first no matter what. Where the Bills are now drafting will not be that much worse then if they finished 9-7. By that i mean, the quality of player and chances of success or failure are not that much different from picking say 12 to picking 20.

So for now every Bills fan should be hoping for a win out scenario and hope the chips fall the Bills way. Get into the playoffs and show the players it can be done. Get the monkey off your back. It would be a huge step in the right direction. Worry about QB and D cord after the season. Just Win now!!

Playoffs are not worth thinking about. The Bills will lose to either Seattle or Miami...probably both. Those teams play very good D and we won't move the ball well at all.

My only hope for this season is to beat the Jets on Dec. 30....humiliate them would be even better. I want that stupid losing streak to them stopped.

You optimistic dudes do know who our head coach and starting QB are right?

Let alone the fact Pitt, Indy and Cincy all made 4rth quarter comebacks yesterday!

Stick a fork in it...The Bills are done for 2012.

The team is getting better.. Next year the defense will start out good from the gates and we will have a better shot.

Cheers,

Cur

+1. Just win out and get moving for next year.. if we start over with brand new Offensive and Defensive schemes, we are dead for another 3 years. The players won't match up, we start the player merry go round and get no where. Just leave it alone. it is what it is. Now the defense knows what it is doing, we've got Brooks and Mario and Bradham and all in there and learning and we are going to blow it up and start over? ? no.

Doesn't matter to me. Even if they did squeek in, they would be quickly eliminated. I don't care about droughts or moral victories. 4 years of losing the Superbowl taught me it's all about winning THAT game.

This is EXACTLY my sentiment as well. I picture the Vince Lombardi trophy in my head and try to match it up against our Bills teams year after year. If I don't see a match, and I never do, then I'm barely interested. I've been doing this since 1995.

Playoffs are not worth thinking about. The Bills will lose to either Seattle or Miami...probably both. Those teams play very good D and we won't move the ball well at all.

You're right the Bills could never beat the Dolphins this year :doh:

The Lions may have been the worse loss of all. They completely melted down. Luck is good but I really didn't come away from our game with them thinking they were anything special. As awful as it is, what their coach is going through has really inspired them. Obviously, we don't have much of a chance but a few losses yesterday would have been nice. The Titans' loss was a killer.

P.S. Cue someone to come here and piss on the optimism parade.

Bingo - they'll probably miss the playoffs by 1 game and they can all look back to the end of that Titans game and wonder. They would have been 4-4 going into the bye and have a little momentum.

Honestly, I wasn't going to concern myself with Indy...they were really 4 games ahead of the Bills with the tiebreaker, so jumping ahead of them would be next to impossible.

How does that make sense? Buffalo 5-7, win out 9-7. Indy 8-4, lose out 8-8. Cincy & Pitt 7-5, lose out 7-9. It is completely unlikely but they most certainly aren't eliminated.

Like I said, they don't go on mathematical elimination. They run simulations of the games left and come up with probabilities. And their simulations say it won't happen (not that it can't happen).

Pretty interesting if you are into stuff like that. I was always curious but this last election sucked me in completely to the point I bought Nate Silvers book :)

Like I said, they don't go on mathematical elimination. They run simulations of the games left and come up with probabilities. And their simulations say it won't happen (not that it can't happen).

Pretty interesting if you are into stuff like that. I was always curious but this last election sucked me in completely to the point I bought Nate Silvers book :)

Yeah, it's ain't gonna happen but at least on paper, it makes this week's game mean a little something.

Btw, I just heard Silver on Bill Simmons' podcast. I'm starting to get into the statistical stuff (though they are a little overrated in football). how is his book?

Yeah, it's ain't gonna happen but at least on paper, it makes this week's game mean a little something.

Btw, I just heard Silver on Bill Simmons' podcast. I'm starting to get into the statistical stuff (though they are a little overrated in football). how is his book?

It's called "The Signal and the Noise: Why So Many Predictions Fail-but Some Don't".

I'm only about 25% of the way though it but I'm liking it so far!

Football is a tough one. Players get hurt so frequently and who that player is can have a huge impact (see the Stillers and PigBen).

And the season is so short as well, it makes any math tough.

Edited by CodeMonkey