2013 free agents

NoSaint

Some guys to watch down the stretch - who are some reasonable free agents?

43 LBs: Darryl smith (jax) olb 30 years old. Won't light the world on fire but could start a year or two very serviceably. Rey Mualuga (cin) MLB I'd expect to be resigned. Again, not a gamechanger but a very good starter. Erin Henderson, manny Lawson.

TE: Dustin Keller (jets) is a good player, with the jets in cap trouble maybe he hits the market. I'd imagine Fred Davis and Jared cook resign.

WR: of course the usual names of Jennings, Wallace and bowe. Also Danny amendola in St. Louis. Ogletree in Dallas.

Just floating some names to watch this last month and playoffs. Many likely never hit the market but its nice to get familiar early, instead of stat sheets and YouTube videos.

I'd love Bowe. But that depends on Chan still being here IMO.

Isn't Rivers a FA too? Not that I'd want him, he's seriously very similar to Fitz. I've seen 2 Chargers games this year and he's made the same exact mistakes that Fitz has at similar times and scenarios in the game. So anyone that says Rivers is good, must really say that Fitz isn't that far off.

I'm not too focused on the subject right now but every year there's a guy like Ahmad Brooks available that teams should have taken and didn't.

Young, huge upside, etc.

Yup - just trying to think out loud. Like the Seattle d coming - it's a good 43 defense that might be worth keeping an eye on a few guys the could be available. That and excuses to watch games like tonight.

Would like to see the Bills address depth in the FA market, and then get some studs in the draft. Just don't overpay for the depth. I think we also need to resign our TE!

Agreed - we have our TE under contract but a second wouldn't hurt. A couple dynamic guys that aren't huge dollar guys out there.

Also why I'm trying to find a LB especially. It'd be nice to get a serviceable starter in FA and an upside guy early in the draft to help round out the unit.

Some guys to watch down the stretch - who are some reasonable free agents?

43 LBs: Darryl smith (jax) olb 30 years old. Won't light the world on fire but could start a year or two very serviceably. Rey Mualuga (cin) MLB I'd expect to be resigned. Again, not a gamechanger but a very good starter. Erin Henderson, manny Lawson.

TE: Dustin Keller (jets) is a good player, with the jets in cap trouble maybe he hits the market. I'd imagine Fred Davis and Jared cook resign.

WR: of course the usual names of Jennings, Wallace and bowe. Also Danny amendola in St. Louis. Ogletree in Dallas.

Just floating some names to watch this last month and playoffs. Many likely never hit the market but its nice to get familiar early, instead of stat sheets and YouTube videos.

Darryl smith is the player I'd target along with signing as many of my own as possible - what I'd like broken down is the separation between Te'o and the next couple MLBs as compared to the separation between the CBs in the first round and what you'd find in the 2nd round.

I really see LB Smith coming here. He is a stop gap, but I wonder what the point would be if we already do not use Morrison... Anyway, I have mentioned Smith before, I think I would like him here.

There are little to no great FA's coming out in any positions. There are, perhaps, no superstars, to say the least. The worst part is there are few answers for many positions we need in the draft. QB, WR, and DB.

Flacco prob gets franchised....Rivers, Vick, maybe Matt Flynn is let go ?...Jason Campbell ( everyone wanted him years ago) Leftwich...

One I would like to see come in is Chase Daniels he did pretty well in preseason and we know how well Saints are with Qbs...

Chase Blackburn top of the list of FA LB....Shaun philips out of SD...

Dbs... Revis, trufant, rhodes...all would be helpful...non likely to sign...

Flacco prob gets franchised....Rivers, Vick, maybe Matt Flynn is let go ?...Jason Campbell ( everyone wanted him years ago) Leftwich...

One I would like to see come in is Chase Daniels he did pretty well in preseason and we know how well Saints are with Qbs...

Revis resigns or gets franchised. Rex leaving - the new coach will have to sign him or get fired the next day.

Rivers and Flacco stay with their teams, although, I could see Alex Smith falling down the coast to SD and Rivers leaving. There are no other FA QB's to replace anyone. Flynn will stay, Vick goes to Jacksonville, Miami, or someone who just needs a body.

Flacco will be a raven

Phillips is a 34 player

Chase Daniel is nothing to chase (seen a lot of him)

Don't think blackburns the top 43 LB, but a good role player.

Don't think revis is an actual FA.

Revis resigns or gets franchised. Rex leaving - the new coach will have to sign him or get fired the next day.

Rivers and Flacco stay with their teams, although, I could see Alex Smith falling down the coast to SD and Rivers leaving. There are no other FA QB's to replace anyone. Flynn will stay, Vick goes to Jacksonville, Miami, or someone who just needs a body.

The only qb I'd sign is Matt Moore and still draft another (assuming fitz doesn't get his big march bonus)

What quarterbacks will be free agents?

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?y=2013

Derek Anderson

Charlie Batch

Jason Campbell

Chase Daniel

Trent Edwards

Bruce Gradkowski

Rex Grossman

Brian Hoyer

Tavaris Jackson

Byron Leftwich

None of them start. The only starter and best of the bunch is Joe Flacco who will probably get franchised.

2014 is just as bad...

Caleb Hanie

Chad Henne

Shaun Hill

Dan Orlovsky

Tyler Thigpen

Charlie Whithurst

Top two:

Jay Cutler

Tony Romo

both stay because there are no good QB's coming in the draft for either of them.

The only qb I'd sign is Matt Moore and still draft another (assuming fitz doesn't get his big march bonus)

I am tired of getting non-starters on this team and making them starters. We either need to draft someone to groom or sign an instant starter better then what we have.

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?y=2013

Derek Anderson

Charlie Batch

Jason Campbell

Chase Daniel

Trent Edwards

Bruce Gradkowski

Rex Grossman

Brian Hoyer

Tavaris Jackson

Byron Leftwich

None of them start. The only starter and best of the bunch is Joe Flacco who will probably get franchised.

2014 is just as bad...

Caleb Hanie

Chad Henne

Shaun Hill

Dan Orlovsky

Tyler Thigpen

Charlie Whithurst

Top two:

Jay Cutler

Tony Romo

both stay because there are no good QB's coming in the draft for either of them.

I am tired of getting non-starters on this team and making them starters. We either need to draft someone to groom or sign an instant starter better then what we have.

KFFL seems to have spotty lists. I know they are missing several of our players. Like I said - Matt Moore is the only one I'd give the keys to for 8-16 games while the new guy gets going or as a reliable vet backup. I'm talking sign him then get the top qb we can in the draft and cut ties with fitz in TE scenario.

Edited by NoSaint

I'm not too focused on the subject right now but every year there's a guy like Ahmad Brooks available that teams should have taken and didn't.

Young, huge upside, etc.

Isn't he more of a 3-4 guy? The last thing I want to do is switch defenses again and we've seen how making a 3-4 guy into a 4-3 player work (Jeff Posey anyone?).