Katrina=Bush Bad, Sandy=Crickets

3rdnlng

This is happening in major media's backyard and Obama gets a pass? It's amazing that a little over 50% of this country has been taken in by a charlatan and his numerous Bahgdad Bobs.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/30/staten-island-residents-vent-frustration-at-fema-other-agencies-during-town/

Storm-ravaged New Yorkers say President Obama’s promise to cut red tape and get them aid in the aftermath of Sandy has proven to be hot air.

Angry citizens vented at FEMA officials at a town hall meeting held by the disaster relief agency Thursday, with tempers boiling over. Some 1,000 people, many left homeless by the Oct. 29 storm, attended the meeting at Staten Island’s New Dorp High School. They were initially scheduled to submit written questions that would be picked and answered at random, but the session turned into an angry shouting match where residents booed FEMA officials and accused them of lying.

"I told the president … that FEMA was giving us the royal finger. And he said, ‘FEMA works for me.’”

- Scott McGrath, Staten Islander left homeless by superstorm Sandy.

“We are the people – we are the middle class, and we are getting the finger,” said frustrated resident Scott McGrath, who personally spoke to President Obama and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo when they came to Staten Island to inspect storm damage earlier this month. “You were there when I met Obama, and I told the president … that the middle class was getting the royal finger. And he said, ‘FEMA works for me.’”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/30/staten-island-residents-vent-frustration-at-fema-other-agencies-during-town/#ixzz2DrRER24s

I'm so glad we had that storm last week because I think the storm was one of those things. No, politically I should say. Not in terms of hurting people. The storm brought in possibilities for good politics.

-Chris Matthews

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/11/07/chris_matthews_im_so_glad_we_had_that_storm_last_week.html

Forward!

I think most of New Orleans was still under water at this point, and parts of the city are still not and will never recover.... I don't believe the situations are apples to apples.... Authorities were pulling dead people out of attics for months after.... It was horrific

I tend to cut leaders a little slack in these "it will never happen, then it happens badly" situations... People are going to be pissed no matter what, it's the nature of natural disasters.

Plus, people are over the storm.... They are all noe talking about this "cliff" thing in which they can probably cant tell you what its about...

Edited by B-Large

I think most of New Orleans was still under water at this point, and parts of the city are still not and will never recover.... I don't believe the situations are apples to apples.... Authorities were pulling dead people out of attics for months after.... It was horrific

I tend to cut leaders a little slack in these "it will never happen, then it happens badly" situations... People are going to be pissed no matter what, it's the nature of natural disasters.

Plus, people are over the storm.... They are all noe talking about this "cliff" thing in which they can probably cant tell you what its about...

So, you give Bush the same leeway as you're willing to give Obama?

So, you give Bush the same leeway as you're willing to give Obama?

Yes... I think there was a narrative that Bush could care less about a US underwater, but I believe that is false. People warned the Levy would fail, nobody anticipated a barge breaking a 50 foot hole in it. It was the perfect storm, the effort on ground was overwhelmed and unprepared for that kind of catastrophe....

Wow... Another republican election myth thrown out the window... Trashed!

1. It is the economy stupid!

Check wrong.

2. Blizzards, storms, what not... Easy loss for the incumbant!

Check wrong.

3. White suburban/rural males is where the election strategy is at!

Check wrong.

What is next? There is no Santa Claus and Ronald Reagan was a cyborg? Buddy can you spare a dime for a cup of coffee? That's really not Ronny Raygun on the head that dime... It is GASP! FDR?

Wow... Guys like OC on the ledge...

Yes... I think there was a narrative that Bush could care less about a US underwater, but I believe that is false. People warned the Levy would fail, nobody anticipated a barge breaking a 50 foot hole in it. It was the perfect storm, the effort on ground was overwhelmed and unprepared for that kind of catastrophe....

And, unfortunately he did - four straight times in fact. :ph34r:

Wow... Another republican election myth thrown out the window... Trashed!

1. It is the economy stupid!

Check wrong.

2. Blizzards, storms, what not... Easy loss for the incumbant!

Check wrong.

3. White suburban/rural males is where the election strategy is at!

Check wrong.

What is next? There is no Santa Claus and Ronald Reagan was a cyborg? Buddy can you spare a dime for a cup of coffee? That's really not Ronny Raygun on the head that dime... It is GASP! FDR?

Wow... Guys like OC on the ledge...

What an odd, disjointed post. It certainly exposes EiI.

I wasn't going to post in this thread, because the complicity of the media is such a given, that there really isn't much more to say.

I await the photo of Mr Obama on the Hawaii beach, next to the photo of people still struggling in NJ and NY to prove me wrong.

What an odd, disjointed post. It certainly exposes EiI.

I wasn't going to post in this thread, because the complicity of the media is such a given, that there really isn't much more to say.

I await the photo of Mr Obama on the Hawaii beach, next to the photo of people still struggling in NJ and NY to prove me wrong.

LoL... You are catching on! Really, you are finally getting it... Lighten up Francis! :D

They were warned, why weren't they maintaining the levees? And if they were, why were they doing it wrong? I called my father 2 days ahead and told him to watch what will happen... Really... They (local/parish gov't) were stumping trees (which is the right thing to do) and rooting them (which is the WRONG thing to do) in February and people were asking: "Why am I getting water in my yard." Were they that desensitized to living in a dry fish bowl surrounded by water! And... People still pitched a b*tched the other way when the chainsaws came out after the storm! "You can't cut the trees down on the levees!" One thing I noticed in NOLA before the storm was the inordinate amount of tall (trees) on their levees. What do you thing happens when the storm blows tall growth with massive root structures over? What I am saying is maintenance surely lacked for MANY years prior to Katrina... Growth that should have never seen the height of a knee...

Anyway... Did you catch where the courts overturned that the Corps was @ fault?... Threw the verdict out.

They were warned, why weren't they maintaining the levees? And if they were, why were they doing it wrong? I called my father 2 days ahead and told him to watch what will happen... Really... They (local/parish gov't) were stumping trees (which is the right thing to do) and rooting them (which is the WRONG thing to do) in February and people were asking: "Why am I getting water in my yard." Were they that desensitized to living in a dry fish bowl surrounded by water! And... People still pitched a b*tched the other way when the chainsaws came out after the storm! "You can't cut the trees down on the levees!" One thing I noticed in NOLA before the storm was the inordinate amount of tall (trees) on their levees. What do you thing happens when the storm blows tall growth with massive root structures over? What I am saying is maintenance surely lacked for MANY years prior to Katrina... Growth that should have never seen the height of a knee...

Anyway... Did you catch where the courts overturned that the Corps was @ fault?... Threw the verdict out.

Its sad, Levy maintenance is not a prority until you are in 18 feet of water sitting on your roof. Bridge maintenace is no biggie until its collapses in a river in Minnesota.

I will say for New Orleans, you have to wonder why somebody would think building a city below sea level inbetween two large bodies of water is a good idea. I get the historical reasons for it, its just crazy.

I didn't see the Corps were not blamed afterall... was the State at fault?

WHAAAAAAA

Until the right attacks and tamps down these mindless accusations head on in plain langauge they will continue.

Bush or Rove or some other Admin hack should have been on TV the day following EACH of them with an outright rebuttal and rejection. They should have clearly addressed the AF1 photo, all of that dumbass mayors comments and yes....even the Kanye thing.

Until the right learns to take each of these little memes that grows legs and chops one of them out before shoes are even fitten for them, they will lose the communications "war."

Have you ever once made a contribution to this board? If so, please post, you poster boy for pieces of schit.

Everyone has no use for whitey except to work and pay the bills.Build ****, engineer and so on.

LoL... You are catching on! Really, you are finally getting it... Lighten up Francis! :D

LOL is right.

You post some gibberish, barely related to the thread,

and when I laugh at it......................you come back with a defensive lighten up ?

Predictable and sad in its way.

Meanwhile, back on the thread subject,

KATRINA ON THE HUDSON: In FEMA’s Coils.

FTA:

It will not come as reassuring news to Kimball and Cuomo and all others looking to Washington for help in dealing with damage done by Sandy to learn that people in Vermont, whose property was damaged over a year ago by Hurricane Irene, are also waiting for government relief. According to this report on Vermont Public Radio:

B-Man... Please fill in the blanks before reading this post....

Name_______________________

SSN______________________

Address 1________________________

Address 2_________________________________

City_______

State_____________

Zip Code__________________

And initial...........Here___________

Here____________

Here_____________

and sign here ________________________________________--

Don't worry about the missing verbiage, I was cutting out the red tape and will fill it in later.....

It will not come as reassuring news to Kimball and Cuomo and all others looking to Washington for help in dealing with damage done by Sandy to learn that people in Vermont, whose property was damaged over a year ago by Hurricane Irene, are also waiting for government relief. According to this report on Vermont Public Radio:

but.....but... the President promised no red tape, and Cuomo has his promise!!!!

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

184755_188449304521203_7364536_n.jpg

Edited by Cinga

Its sad, Levy maintenance is not a prority until you are in 18 feet of water sitting on your roof. Bridge maintenace is no biggie until its collapses in a river in Minnesota.

I will say for New Orleans, you have to wonder why somebody would think building a city below sea level inbetween two large bodies of water is a good idea. I get the historical reasons for it, its just crazy.

I didn't see the Corps were not blamed afterall... was the State at fault?

True.

NOLA is the busiest (tonnage) port in the country... And it doesn't even rank in the top 20 or so for the world! Go to this site:

www.marinetraffic.com

And see what is floating around the world... That is why NOLA is where it is! Purely economic!

I probably worded it wrong... The judge tossed the verdict because the fed can't be sued? I will find the link when I get time...

• 3 months later...

This article really caught me by surprise this morning, not so much because of the looting and squatters, but because there are actually homes still without power and families who have yet to be able to return to their homes. How is this even possible five months later?

Question for those in and around this area: is this just an isolated patch of a few homes or are there really that many people still out of the homes and without power from a storm that hit almost half a year ago?

http://newyork.cbslo...nd-communities/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Staten Island residents already suffering from the ravages ofHurricane Sandy say they are now seeing their neighborhoods infiltrated by squatters and looters.

As CBS 2’s Dick Brennan reported Wednesday, when darkness sets in on Wavecrest Street in New Dorp, people say squatters make their move – crashing empty homes wrecked by the hurricane.

“They just go in there late at night when nobody is supposed to be looking, and they just flop in the house and sleep in there, wherever,” resident Steven Sumner said.

Edited by LABillzFan

This article really caught me by surprise this morning, not so much because of the looting and squatters, but because there are actually homes still without power and families who have yet to be able to return to their homes. How is this even possible five months later?

Question for those in and around this area: is this just an isolated patch of a few homes or are there really that many people still out of the homes and without power from a storm that hit almost half a year ago?

Can't comment on the article, because of the stupid video that appears ....

I think I would invest in a good guard dog. German Sheppard or something.