We're a QB Away From The Super Bowl

ubhockey

The defense will return even better and more experienced. Ditto for the special teams. The offense will have all its weapons back. Draft Nugent and your kicking problems are no more. Pick up a veteran TE.

With those things to look forward to for next season, if we get a stud for QB next year, this team goes from a great team to a Super Bowl team. I can't see otherwise.

Drew Bledsoe is not the answer, neither is JP for the time being.

I don't know what is out there, but if we have a stud at QB next year, this team is going a long way.

I say we take that risk and get Brees if he's available. Does that not make any sense since we drafted JP. You are absolutely correct, but it I rather waste one pick than let this team fall apart because we don't have a QB.

The defense will return even better and more experienced. Ditto for the special teams. The offense will have all its weapons back. Draft Nugent and your kicking problems are no more. Pick up a veteran TE.

With those things to look forward to for next season, if we get a stud for QB next year, this team goes from a great team to a Super Bowl team. I can't see otherwise.

I don't know what is out there, but if we have a stud at QB next year, this team is going a long way.

I say we take that risk and get Brees if he's available. Does that not make any sense since we drafted JP. You are absolutely correct, but it I rather waste one pick than let this team fall apart because we don't have a QB.

192355[/snapback]

Disagree. If Trent Dilfer can QB a Superbowl team, anyone can.

I don't want to go to the Superbowl with Lindell as our kicker.

192358[/snapback]

That's why I said we draft Nugent from Ohio State. The kid would have been the NFL's best kicker two years ago if he came out.

Disagree.

The whole team played down to Pittsburg.

The 2 turnovers from Bledsoe are the most glaring stat which people on this board eat up.

Allowing 3rd/4th string guys score 29 points and our defense allowed the 4th string RB gain over 100 yards.

Poor ST all over the place and undisiplined play causing penalties on all phases of the team.

It was a team loss.

The Bills dug themselves into a whole and most people were expecting Bledsoe to pull them out and when he didn't they are calling for his head.

We won't win it with Bledsoe, but I would add a productive backup RB to the list of offensive needs for next year. Most winning teams have a guy that they can plug into the lineup at RB without a drop off in play. We have that now in Travis, but he may not be here next year.

We're an O-line away from the Super Bowl is more like it. We've seen what DB can do when he's not getting raped from all sides because his protection failed.

Get an o-line like Indy and/or NE, and it really doesn't matter who the QB is.

Disagree.  If Trent Dilfer can QB a Superbowl team, anyone can.

192356[/snapback]

Brad Johnson also. Sat on the bench his entire college career, behind Charlie Ward at Fla.St.

Bills will need at OT to replace Jeenings, who will probably leave. Maybe another Center or Guard. TE could use a boost. How about a run stuffing DE, as GG mentioned the other day ? Another Free Safety to evetually take over for the aging Troy Vincent. Backup CB depth ( Nate Clements could leave after 2005 ). Kicker.

I do hope to eventually see #7 under Center in 2005.

192355[/snapback]

Are you serious?

After the way this team played on defense, special teams and offense in addition to Drew against the Stiller scrubs, you are telling me this team is a QB away?? Are you telling me that had we had a stud QB other than Drew, we would have WON that game? PUHLEASE!

The defense couldn't stop 3rd and 4th stringers when it counted the most, letting them grind 8 plus minutes off the clock in the 4th quarter when everyone in the house KNEW they were going to pound the ball. Special teams played their worst game of the season, receivers dropped passes and made key mistakes (i.e. the pass interference penalty). We have insufficient depth at O-line and it showed when Villarial had to leave the game. Running backs missed blitz pick-ups and Shaud Williams fugged up that misdirection play (that shouldn't have been called in the first place). The play-calling was horrendously over-conservative as the DBs were sitting on those short routes all day.

But oh, if we only had a STUD QB we would be heading for the Superbowl now.

RRRRRRRRRIIIGHT!

Are you serious?

After the way this team played on defense, special teams and offense in addition to Drew against the Stiller scrubs, you are telling me this team is a QB away??  Are you telling me that had we had a stud QB other than Drew, we would have WON that game?  PUHLEASE!

The defense couldn't stop 3rd and 4th stringers when it counted the most, letting them grind 8 plus minutes off the clock in the 4th quarter when everyone in the house KNEW they were going to pound the ball.  Special teams played their worst game of the season, receivers dropped passes and made key mistakes (i.e. the pass interference penalty).  We have insufficient depth at O-line and it showed when Villarial had to leave the game.  Running backs missed blitz pick-ups and Shaud Williams fugged up that misdirection play (that shouldn't have been called in the first place).  The play-calling was horrendously over-conservative as the DBs were sitting on those short routes all day.

But oh, if we only had a STUD QB we would be heading for the Superbowl now.

RRRRRRRRRIIIGHT!

192367[/snapback]

Post of the day award goes to you sir.

Brad Johnson also. Sat on the bench his entire college career, behind Charlie Ward at Fla.St. 

Bills will need at OT to replace Jeenings, who will probably leave. Maybe another Center or Guard. TE could use a boost. How about a run stuffing DE, as GG mentioned the other day ? Another Free Safety to evetually take over for the aging Troy Vincent. Backup CB depth ( Nate Clements could leave after 2005 ). Kicker.

I do hope to eventually see #7 under Center in 2005.

192365[/snapback]

For next year...all else remaining constant, I'll settle for a top-shelf TE. If there's one thing that Bledsoe's proven over the years, it's that he needs a very good TE to be consistently effective. And the ENTIRE TE corps this year was out-performed by about a dozen individual tight ends.

Unfortunately, we're not going to get Tony Gonzales or Antonio Gates... ;)

Disagree.  If Trent Dilfer can QB a Superbowl team, anyone can.

192356[/snapback]

Tom, I'm just quoting you so I can reply to your "You can't handle the glockenspiel" tag. I'm probably one of the few here who can proudly proclaim that I handled the glockenspiel for three years in my high school marching band. It was not pleasant holding on to one of these wearing only white cotton gloves during sub-zero degree night games... but I never dropped it!

;)