Well as bad as we've been have we been this bad?

dayman

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay listen up. I saw this video when you posted it here and it had like 200 hits. I tipped it to deadspin and it went viral and bart scott went apeshit and rex ryan had to make a statement, etc.

Now should I take some credit to contributing to the circus that is the 2012 Jets? Is that a fair statement, I feel happy right now. Congratulate me.

Id say maybe you should do one in the Bills so that maybe Chan and Barnett or anyone would get fired up. But the probability of that happening are slim to none.

Besides, if you posted it, you'd just get more and more complaints and more topics about how Bills fans are the worst at the stadium and we have the worst stadium experience in the league. "See, watch this video and see how they treat thier own players" I can see it now.

Yep. Paul Maquire has talked about back in the Rockpile days you'd wear your helmet to the locker room because fans would throw full beer cans at them as they left the field.

And, on the sideline as well.

Those Jets fans are not thinking people. Any one of the Jets guys go off the railroad tracks at a moment like that, and he could do serious damage to an obnoxious fan or fans. I know, it would cost him dearly, but, that may not keep that from happening.

Years ago, (I am going to show my age) I attended a basketball game in the old Aud. Tom Heinson of Holy Cross (playing Canisius)(later the Celtic great) had a guy verbally riding him the whole game from the second row in the stands at one end. Near the end of the game, there was a skuffle at that end of the court. But, Heinson declined to get into the scuffle, instead he went into the stands and hit the loudmouth in the jaw with a haymaker. Verbal abuse like that situation is not thinking for sure!

Fireman Ed bailed because he knows the only reason he goes to the games is to be a cheesy mascot. And at this point, just like the team itself, the fans of NY aren't buying into it.

I won't argue that, but if you'd read the accounts, it has been the fans that have been verbally abusing him personally for wearing a Sanchez jersey.

I mean would you harass fellow Bills fans for wearing a Maybin jersey? I sure hope not. Sounds tremendously immature if you ask me.

Either way, this made it sound as if he quit wearing his jersey and doing cheers because the Jets suck too. Not the case.

I won't disagree that he may be a ham, but what, our stadium is chock full of 'em too.

I won't argue that, but if you'd read the accounts, it has been the fans that have been verbally abusing him personally for wearing a Sanchez jersey.

I mean would you harass fellow Bills fans for wearing a Maybin jersey? I sure hope not. Sounds tremendously immature if you ask me.

Either way, this made it sound as if he quit wearing his jersey and doing cheers because the Jets suck too. Not the case.

I won't disagree that he may be a ham, but what, our stadium is chock full of 'em too.

I think most would just have pity, maybe sympathy that the person wasted good money on something thats not even worthy of becoming a rag to clean oil off your garage floor.

Now, say a Whitner or Lynch Jersey, theres some taunting, but its not that bad (I know first hand)

But yeah, according to his letter, Ed isn't giving up on being a Jets fan, just giving up the "Firemen Ed" personna and leading the cheers on the jumbotron because he has dealt with too much abuse/taunting for continuing to wear a Sanchez jersey to the games

I feel your pain brother!! I do not live in Buffalo (have not in many years) but I watch every single game like it is the Super Bowl. I have not missed a game since the meaningless season finale in1994 against the Colts when we were out of playoff contention for the first time since 1987. (went to a meaningless Falcons-Cardianls game that day) I went to the Music City Miracle, the Bills-Dolphins Flutie fumble playoff game in Miami in 1998. I went to the1st and 3rd Super Bowls. I live for the Bills every single game, every single year. And at this point I am hurting bigtime!! Change needs to happen immediately. This is the worst coached team in the league w the worst starting QB this side of Arizona. We have beaten a garbage KC team, and a Cleveland team that was playing lousy at the time. We got a gift in Arizona, and another against Miami because Tannehill missed a few throws. Our head coach is keeping us from winning games. We really should be 2-9. And Cleveland and KC would probably beat us right now. Our QB does not have the physical tools to win in the NFL. Yet our head coach runs an offense that revolves around our QB having to win games for us. It makes no sense, and combined w his poor game management, and inability to make in game adjustments, leaves us unable to compete and never able to dominate every single week. Gailey needs to be FIRED NOW! What say you Buddy about your third rate coach?

We actually pretty much dominated that game. Offense and defense. We just didnt convert tds. We didnt finish them right which made it appear closer. It was a very strong game. We could have easily blown them away if the right calls were made in the endzone.

Kc would not beat us right now nor cleveland.

After watching that, that is just disgraceful and disrespectful. We all want them to win and you know what they want to win too. Just imagine being in their shoes and hearing all that trash do you think that is really going to motivate them to do better, how many us had fathers yell at us like that, did we do better bc of it, Nope.

The problems with this team are obvious and until they change all the harassment in the world isn't going to make them play better an it probably just turns them off so that they play like they don't care bc nobody else does.

I'm truly sorry to hear that.