Who do you want to win tomorrow NE vs Jets?

I hate NE more than any other team, but NYJ losing effectively takes them out of the playoff picture, and almost guarantees I'll win a preseason bet that they won't have a winning record.

Id rather have the Jets win.

Buffalo needs NE to lose 4 times to get the division title. The stay have San Fran and Houston in foxborough. these two weeks they are at Jets then at the dolphins. then they close at Jacksonville and then host Miami.

I doubt it but id like to see them lose 4 straight.

Bills play the Jets to close the season so Bills win out they will finish at least in second place.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Id rather have the Jets win.

Buffalo needs NE to lose 4 times to get the division title. The stay have San Fran and Houston in foxborough. these two weeks they are at Jets then at the dolphins. then they close at Jacksonville and then host Miami.

I doubt it but id like to see them lose 4 straight.

Bills play the Jets to close the season so Bills win out they will finish at least in second place.

Thats what I said man. The Pats have the 49ers and the Texans. Those could be losses. IF they were to lose against the Jets that's another. And of course Miami always plays them tough just like any other divisional game. On the other side, if the Jets win or lose, I don't see them beating our record by the end of the year. So it's really no matter if they win a tie breaker, we will have more wins than them so it won't matter.

I Know its a long shot, but were taking about scenarios right? At the end of the day, is rather keep as many teams in the division in the hunt until as late as possible, gives other teams incentive to try harder, especially when playing the Pats.

Carolina draft as GM 1995, 1996, 1997 round 1-2 and 3

Kerry Collins number 5 overall in possible the worst draft class for quarterbacks ever, Collins far and away the best QB

Tyrone Poole

Blake Brockermeyer

Tim Biakabutuka

Musin Muhammed - best pick of the ten listed here

Winslow Oliver

JC Price

Rae Curruth

Mike Minter

Kinnon Taylor

Colts years

1998 - 2011

Payton Manning

Jerome Pathon

EG Green

Edgerrin James

Mike Peterson

Bradon Burlsworth

Rob Morris

Marcus Washington

David Macklion

Reggie Wayne

Idrees Brashear

Cory Bird

Dwight Freeney

Larry Triplett

Joseph Jefferson

Dallas Clark

Mike Doss

Donald Strickland

Bob Sanders

Ben Hartsock

Gilbert Gardner

Marlin Jackson

Kelvin Haden

Vincent Burns

Joseph Addai

Tim Jennings

Freddie Keiaho

Anthony Gonzales

Tony Ugoh

Dante Hughes

Mike Pollack

Phillip Wheeler

Jacob Tamme

Donald Brown

Fili Moala

Jerraud Powers

Jerry Hughes

Pat Angerer

Kevin Thomas

Anthony Castanzo

Ben Ilajana

Drake Nevis

Carolina was different as a expansion team they were able to load their roster fairly quickly as did Jacksonville both having some success. Collins was by far the best QB available the draft selection besides him were not very good. The Colt years they seem to add one good player at the top of their draft but Manning's skill level allowed guys like Joseph Addai and Anthony Gonzales back to back first round misses, to continue winning with them. All time great QB's can cover poor drafting both on offense and even on defense. How does this compare to other GM's I don't know but to pretend he's good at drafting is just that - pretending.

Edited by CardinalScotts

Carolina draft as GM 1995, 1996, 1997 round 1-2 and 3

Kerry Collins number 5 overall in possible the worst draft class for quarterbacks ever, Collins far and away the best QB

Tyrone Poole

Blake Brockermeyer

Tim Biakabutuka

Musin Muhammed - best pick of the ten listed here

Winslow Oliver

JC Price

Rae Curruth

Mike Minter

Kinnon Taylor

Colts years

1998 - 2011

Payton Manning

Jerome Pathon

EG Green

Edgerrin James

Mike Peterson

Bradon Burlsworth

Rob Morris

Marcus Washington

David Macklion

Reggie Wayne

Idrees Brashear

Cory Bird

Dwight Freeney

Larry Triplett

Joseph Jefferson

Dallas Clark

Mike Doss

Donald Strickland

Bob Sanders

Ben Hartsock

Gilbert Gardner

Marlin Jackson

Kelvin Haden

Vincent Burns

Joseph Addai

Tim Jennings

Freddie Keiaho

Anthony Gonzales

Tony Ugoh

Dante Hughes

Mike Pollack

Phillip Wheeler

Jacob Tamme

Donald Brown

Fili Moala

Jerraud Powers

Jerry Hughes

Pat Angerer

Kevin Thomas

Anthony Castanzo

Ben Ilajana

Drake Nevis

Carolina was different as a expansion team they were able to load their roster fairly quickly as did Jacksonville both having some success. Collins was by far the best QB available the draft selection besides him were not very good. The Colt years they seem to add one good player at the top of their draft but Manning's skill level allowed guys like Joseph Addai and Anthony Gonzales back to back first round misses, to continue winning with them. All time great QB's can cover poor drafting both on offense and even on defense. How does this compare to other GM's I don't know but to pretend he's good at drafting is just that - pretending.

Is this post in the right thread?

Thats what I said man. The Pats have the 49ers and the Texans. Those could be losses. IF they were to lose against the Jets that's another. And of course Miami always plays them tough just like any other divisional game. On the other side, if the Jets win or lose, I don't see them beating our record by the end of the year. So it's really no matter if they win a tie breaker, we will have more wins than them so it won't matter.

I Know its a long shot, but were taking about scenarios right? At the end of the day, is rather keep as many teams in the division in the hunt until as late as possible, gives other teams incentive to try harder, especially when playing the Pats.

That's kind of what I am looking at. The Pats and Jets still have some tough games ahead of them. They could lose some and we could win some. We still have two division games against the Jets and Miami to help us in the division/conference standings. It would be great to see Miami become a spoiler for NE and the NYJs. We also have a great conference match up this week against the Colts.

There are a lot of scenarios but none would make me more happy than seeing us win the division by winning out the rest of the games. It's a long shot, but man would that be sweet. I know a lot of people don't think there is a snowballs chance in hell, but I am looking at how the defense has stepped it up the last couple weeks. Now if the offense can just get rolling, this could be fun.

Edited by Rockinon

The more the Jets lose, the more of a chance we have to get into the playoffs.

Go Pats*! Yeah, I said it. Can't bring myself to root for Brady. But yeah, go freakin Pats. Oh yeah, and go Stephen Gostkowski, my fantasy kicker.

My dream: NE 30 (10 FGs) Jets 2.

The thing is we can hope for both of them to lose. Do we really think the Jets are all the sudden going to come out of the basement and tear it up? It's possible, sure. But not likely.

But if the Jets beat the Pats, it gives the Pats one more loss and we all know the Jets won't keep winning. Then the Pats have to play the 49ers and Texans which are far from gimmies. There's a chance we still get the division. No likely. Sure. But possible. We would need the Jets, Dolphins x2, 49ers, Texans, and Jags to give them a few losses. The Jets probably give us that best option.

Also, if the Jets and Dolphins keep winning, we just need to win 1 more than them and were good. We could use the division tearing itself apart to help us get in.

That's kind of what I am looking at. The Pats and Jets still have some tough games ahead of them. They could lose some and we could win some. We still have two division games against the Jets and Miami to help us in the division/conference standings. It would be great to see Miami become a spoiler for NE and NYJs. We also have a great conference matchup this week against the Colts.

There are a lot of scenarios but none would make me more happy then seeing us win the division by winning out the rest of the games. It's a long shot, but man would that be sweet.

Again, This---^

If we hope to get in with the Wildcard we might be short. The way I see it, we're allowed to take one more loss and that's it. Done. But if we keep winning there's just as much a chance at the division. Like you and I already said, the Pats play a tough schedule, the Phins do cuz they play the Pats 2 times and the Jets are.... Well, the Jets.

Pretty simple really

1) Bills need to win out to make the playoffs, either by winning the East or wild card

2) Our fate against the Jets is in our own hands. If we win out we end up with a better record than the Jets via winning the last game of the season. Doesn't matter what they do before that game

3) to win the division we need (lots of) help - NE to has to lose 4 games. Not likely but possible.

So, since we don't really care what the Jets do, and NE has to start losing, GO JETS!!!

Imo, we need NE to win. They are going to make the playoffs. Period. For the Bills to have a glimmer of hope, they need the Jets and other marginal teams to lose.

You are probably right, but it's no gimme for NE. The have some flaws that will be exposed against SF and Houston. They have also all ready lost some games this year no one thought possible. It is not far fetched that they could lose 3-4 more games. As for the Bills, the best chance for them is to win regardless of what any other team is doing. The Bills win the next couple games, things will certainly start looking up.

Pats win, but lose Hernandez and Welker for the year. Never want to wish ill towards another human being, but Patriots hardly classify as such.

Nope - we want them hanging losses on Miami, and honestly Houston in hopes it'll keep their starters playing for home field against Indy.

Pats winning out keeps Houston playing, and hangs losses on multiple wildcard teams potentially.

With all these scenarios, which is WAYYYYY!!! To early IMO, it is best to hope for losses for anyone ahead of us. That would be the Pats at the moment. The Jets are tied and if they win it will benefit the entire division. It keeps both the Jets and the Phins fighting for spots. As said before, as long as we keep winning we should be fine. Lets hope we do. Until there's more of a shot than the scenarios of 2-5 teams winning or losing on a weekly basis, Winning is the only thing we should be worried about.

With that said. I hope an empty space station fall onto the field tonight and crushes both the Jets and the Pats. And thier fat coaches. It's thanksgiving and I know it's mean and heartless, but I really do hate them that much.

Besides, God wouldn't let that happen with Tebow in the field anyway so there's nothing to worry about. Maybe a 0-0 tie is the best to hope for.

Winning the division is out of the question at this point. I want all seven teams in the 4-6 to 6-4 range to lose as many games as possible. That includes those Jets.

Bingo - as many games back as we are, with the pats having the tie breaker - I want division winners winning everything here out.