Moore , Merriman Please

T master

Since the Bills brought Merriman back & Anderson & Kelsay went down they have had to put Moore & Merriman in the line up to get more snaps & last week it showed the 2 have made a difference .

I thought Merriman was brought back as an insurance policy or a player to fill the void until Anderson came back & then would be cut , but so far i think he is playing better than Anderson was , If he continues this week to get better with increased reps i think the 2 should stay where they are .

Kelsay may get some reps this week but i would bring him in slow if for nothing else to see if the new tandem continues to do better than the others did & if so the needed boost in our D to get to the playoffs may be welcome not to say needed .

Then there is the deal when Anderson does come back who will be let go if that is something that will need to be done ? If these guys are doing better than the starters were who do you keep who do you sit ??

What do you all think ??

Edited by T master

Since the Bills brought Merriman back & Anderson & Kelsay went down they have had to put Moore & Merriman in the line up to get more snaps & last week it showed the 2 have made a difference .

I thought Merriman was brought back as an insurance policy or a player to fill the void until Anderson came back & then would be cut , but so far i think he is playing better than Anderson was , If he continues this week to get better with increased reps i think the 2 should stay where they are .

Kelsay may get some reps this week but i would bring him in slow if for nothing else to see if the new tandem continues to do better than the others did & if so the needed boost in our D to get to the playoffs may be welcome not to say needed .

Then there is the deal when Anderson does come back who will be let go if that is something that will need to be done ? If these guys are doing better than the starters were who do you keep who do you sit ??

What do you all think ??

I would rotate Mario, Kelsay, Moore and Anderson on the D line. With of course Dareus and K Williams. Spencer Johnson and Alex Carrington have brought absolutely nothing to the team this year on Defense. And both need to be replaced after this season. (I know a lot of posters seem to hold out hope that Carrington has some upside-I personally don't see it. He is slow, unathletic, and certainly not a difference maker) And I would put Merriman somewhere on the line or at outside LB. I would have him rush the passer from the outside LB position. He is probably a little stiff and slow at this point to drop into coverage. But coming in off of the edge w Mario Anderson/Kelsay Moore and a DT makes for a nice 5 man rush. (wouldn't it be nice if we actually blitzed more than 2-3 times per game?)

Keep them all in there and rotate them all.

I would rotate them all in, but not like that. Thats just silly. Every play, our defensive front four should move one spot to the right, with the right end leaving the field after each play and a fresh substitution entering at left end. Its all about efficiency. Thats how Ford built the first model-T with enough time left over to write damning anti-Semitic rants.

Your way is just crazy.

Edited by Jauronimo

I would rotate them all in, but not like that. Thats just silly. Every play, our defensive front four should move one spot to the right, with the right end leaving the field after each play and a fresh substitution entering at left end. Its all about efficiency. Thats how Ford built the first model-T with enough time left over to write damning anti-Semitic rants.

Your way is just crazy.

volleyball? I might work. Couldn't be worse.

What do you all think ??

I did like what I have seen from Moore in particular, and Merriman. Although they looked their best in this past ONE game, against a poor offensive line.

I think Kelsay will get plenty of playing time when healthy, as he plays the run well and can push the pocket (but usually not get sacks). I am not a big Anderson fan personally, and wasn't a big fan of the signing, but due to his money I expect him to be on the active roster when healthy. I suppose it's a good problem to have, but I would guess either Moore or Merriman is scratched once everyone is healthy.

I don't think they would have to cut anyone, but if they did I'm thinking Justin Rodgers would be a good target. I'd much rather see Brooks in there than him.

I have not missed a Bills game since 1994 Fridge. So why don't you enlighten me on what Alex Carrington has done other than block two FG's to warrant being a member of the Buffalo Bills, smart guy?

Actually I think Carrington has looked decent during the very few snaps he actually gets. You do realize he is playing as a reserve DT now, not DE (or LB)? Anther poor guy along with Kelsay, Moats, Spencer Johnson, and others who has been forced to play all over the place in this train wreck of a defense over the last 3 years.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I have not missed a Bills game since 1994 Fridge. So why don't you enlighten me on what Alex Carrington has done other than block two FG's to warrant being a member of the Buffalo Bills, smart guy?

Way to justify my post by citing his statistical contribution rather than referring to his actual play. I find it difficult to be down on a player who is placed in a reserve role out of position getting limited action. I find it more difficult to be down on a player that plays well and gets push when we have other players that are entirely ineffective despite constant starts.

I love the way Moore plays, very active and relentless. If he doesn't grab the face mask on that sack last week, the phins may not have scored any offensive points. Merriman has looked good in there too, getting a pretty decent push to the QB.

Way to justify my post by citing his statistical contribution rather than referring to his actual play. I find it difficult to be down on a player who is placed in a reserve role out of position getting limited action. I find it more difficult to be down on a player that plays well and gets push when we have other players that are entirely ineffective despite constant starts.

+1.

Carrington gets a decent push and is a threat to bat away a few passes. For the few reps he gets he is solid. Why he should be replaced at seasons' end is beyond me.