The team is not out of Playoff Hunt

djp14150

How ironic would it be if it is the Seattle game that eliminates the Bills.

Lynch broke 1000 yards for the season yesterday with 1005.

Spiller (632) and Jackson (298) combined have 930.

If you add in Choice (145) the three of them sneak past Lynch with 1075.

Getting out of Buffalo and away from Gailey was the best thing that could have happened to Lynch as it turns out.

Edited by CodeMonkey

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, usually takes a couple of days after another loss for the delusional people to show up on this board.

The people who are delusional are the ones that jumped off of a cliff after the Houston loss. We are who we are. We are not good enough to beat good teams, but we are good to enough to beat the weak part of our schedule.

Maybe I am delusional because everyone on here keeps calling me am a crackpot. But then I realize that the people calling me a crackpot are those that want to start Tyler Thigpen, fire Chan Gailey after a bad playcall, and hire Eric Mangini (or better yet, Bill Cowher).

I know that negativity is the modus operandi on this message board, but it's worth pointing out that the Bills will suddenly become the leading contender for that final Wild Card spot if they beat the Dolphins Thursday, the Colts lose to the Patriots Sunday, and the Bills beat the Colts next Sunday.

Assuming that the Patriots, Texans, and Broncos win their respective divisions and the Ravens/Steelers take 2 more spots...that leaves the 6-3 Colts currently with a 2 game lead over the rest of the AFC wild card contenders. The Colts, however, still have to play Houston twice in their final 5 games. Meanwhile, 4 of the final 5 games on the Bills' schedule are at home, and all are against teams that are no better than the Bills in terms of talent.

No one else in the AFC (Dolphins, Jets, Bengals, Titans, Chargers, Raiders) sandwiched between the Colts and the Bills in record looks like they can muster a serious challenge for that final wild card spot.

My conclusion: still a little too early to be cheering for a high draft pick. At least wait until Friday morning...

I know that negativity is the modus operandi on this message board, but it's worth pointing out that the Bills will suddenly become the leading contender for that final Wild Card spot if they beat the Dolphins Thursday, the Colts lose to the Patriots Sunday, and the Bills beat the Colts next Sunday.

Assuming that the Patriots, Texans, and Broncos win their respective divisions and the Ravens/Steelers take 2 more spots...that leaves the 6-3 Colts currently with a 2 game lead over the rest of the AFC wild card contenders. The Colts, however, still have to play Houston twice in their final 5 games. Meanwhile, 4 of the final 5 games on the Bills' schedule are at home, and all are against teams that are no better than the Bills in terms of talent.

No one else in the AFC (Dolphins, Jets, Bengals, Titans, Chargers, Raiders) sandwiched between the Colts and the Bills in record looks like they can muster a serious challenge for that final wild card spot.

My conclusion: still a little too early to be cheering for a high draft pick. At least wait until Friday morning...

If thsy do lose Thurs. would you recommend losing out to get that high darft pick?

The people who are delusional are the ones that jumped off of a cliff after the Houston loss. We are who we are. We are not good enough to beat good teams, but we are good to enough to beat the weak part of our schedule.

Maybe I am delusional because everyone on here keeps calling me am a crackpot. But then I realize that the people calling me a crackpot are those that want to start Tyler Thigpen, fire Chan Gailey after a bad playcall, and hire Eric Mangini (or better yet, Bill Cowher).

Well, we'll soon see if your prediction of the Bills sweeping the fins will have a chance of being non-delusional.

Realisitically, one would have to concede that, after Sunday's loss to NE*, the Bills season is unlikely to go 19 games and culminating in a Superbowl victory.

Even I find it increasing unlikely that we will have a 19-game season, and can no longer postulate such a scenario...

14 and 6 baby!!!!! :beer:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Realisitically, one would have to concede that, after Sunday's loss to NE*, the Bills season is unlikely to go 19 games and culminating in a Superbowl victory.

Even I find it increasing unlikely that we will have a 19-game season, and can no longer postulate such a scenario...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

WOW...just WOW! :blink:

The Colts play Houston twice AND New England AND Detroit, both on the road. I'll say they lose 3 out of the 4. If we beat them too, they finish 9-7. We can lose one of our next 7 and make the playoffs based on our head to head tiebreaker.

Basically, more than all of our remaining games, Indy is a must-win for us. Winning all 7 is going to be hard and unlikely, but 6-1 might be doable.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

We don't need pessimists around here like you. Don't let the door hit you on the way out! :nana:

ha ha great contribution. :wallbash:

I believe the Bills can and will win Thursday and go on a 4 game streak. The two games that scare me the most are against Seattle and @ Miami.

And again, we can lose one of them so long as we beat Indy. I can't see them winning more than one between Houston x2, @NE, @Detroit.

But Thursday is step one. It's a prime time coming out party for us. Or, it needs to be.

And again, we can lose one of them so long as we beat Indy. I can't see them winning more than one between Houston x2, @NE, @Detroit.

But Thursday is step one. It's a prime time coming out party for us. Or, it needs to be.

They get Houston in week 17. Hope Texans don't have the number 1 seed locked up by then

Turn out the lights - this season is O V E R folks.

Do you really think a team that can't win within their division and on the road makes the post season? Please pass what you are smoking.

Since Gaily has been in Buffalo, he has two wins within the division TWO. We beat Miami in 2010, and New England last season.

1-5 within the division in 2010, 1-5 within the division in 2011, and so far 0-3 within the division this year. Chan's division record as our coach? 2-13.

Chan's road record as our coach: 5-17.

This team will NOT make the post season until they learn how to win within the division and on the road.

Every game is winnable from here on out, no doubt about it. The Bills have left themselves zero margin for error.

I did like the fact that the D held the Pats to a fieldgoal yesterday on that last drive. It gave the team a chance to win. Teams in the past would have rolled over. If the Bills can play a 60 mins game, they could beat anyone in the league. i really do believe that. the talent is there. They all need to man up and do it. Starting with Fitz, they can not crack under the pressure