The team is not out of Playoff Hunt

djp14150

The Colts play Houston twice AND New England AND Detroit, both on the road. I'll say they lose 3 out of the 4. If we beat them too, they finish 9-7. We can lose one of our next 7 and make the playoffs based on our head to head tiebreaker.

Basically, more than all of our remaining games, Indy is a must-win for us. Winning all 7 is going to be hard and unlikely, but 6-1 might be doable.

I like your optimism Big C. I think they have the talent to win.

One game at a time! Nice to dream, wonder what the odds would be in Vegas to run the table to 10-6. I would spend $10 on the bet.

I'd take that bet for $10.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn out the lights - this season is O V E R folks.

Do you really think a team that can't win within their division and on the road makes the post season? Please pass what you are smoking.

Since Gaily has been in Buffalo, he has two wins within the division TWO. We beat Miami in 2010, and New England last season.

1-5 within the division in 2010, 1-5 within the division in 2011, and so far 0-3 within the division this year. Chan's division record as our coach? 2-13.

Chan's road record as our coach: 5-17.

This team will NOT make the post season until they learn how to win within the division and on the road.

But please, pass the dutchie on the left hand side :rolleyes:

They have lost 5 of the last 6 and they are going to win out?

I'm sorry, but losing is both a product on the field and a mentality. We are a losing team.

I agree with your signature, but at least let them lose before you bury them. I have fits with Fitz but if winning out and making the playoffs means Fitz is our QB for the next 3 years, I'll take it.

Edited by benderbender

They have lost 5 of the last 6 and they are going to win out?

I'm sorry, but losing is both a product on the field and a mentality. We are a losing team.

Our last 6 games:

New England

San Francisco

Arizona

Tennessee

Houston

New England

Our next 7:

Miami

Indy

Jacksonville

St. Louis

Seattle

Miami

NYJ

I think there's a big difference between the two.

Losing sure is a mentality, you might have it, but the team doesn't. They played with passion this week. It was a close game, and a heartbreaker, but they know they are still in it. I expect them to come out tough on Thursday and beyond. If they play like they did on Sunday, they will do just fine down the stretch. The odds are against them, no doubt, but until we are definitely out, I am staying positive.

Gotta love Bills fans eternal optimism, never lose it.

Currently 3-6 but ending with 9-6, a wild card spot... I'll drink to that :beer:

10-6 and a run to the afc championship in foxboro!

We're not beating Pittsburg for a wildcard spot. Much less the Titans, Jets, Dolphins, Chargers, Colts, and Raiders.

Pitt has a real tough schedule the rest of the way, you never know.

They go 6-1 for 9-7 ....and they beat Indy...they have a very good shot at a WC.

Pittsburgh may be in a lot of trouble if Rothesburger is out for a significant amount of time due to the throwing shoulder injury in Mondays game.

a potential problem scenario is with indy.....They play at NE and host Buffalo...assume they lose both. they need to lose at Detroit or when hosting Tennesee. Houston could clinch home field after week 14 which means they rest their players for the indy games thus it becomes easy for indy to win those games.

in week 14 Houston at New england...they already beat Baltimore and Denver so beating New england could clinch home field throughout.

A probelm scenario is Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and indy all tied at 10-6 or 9-7 for the two wild cards. Then the H2H win with indy doesnt matter so it goes to conference record as the first tiebreaker. If Pittsburgh sweeps the Browns they will have Common game edge on Buffalo. They split it then they are tied in common games.

couldnt agree more with this thread.

if we beat the dolphins at home on thursday (i dont think a home team has lost the thursday night game all season--very tough for teams to go on the road,) and then the colts lose to the patriots, we can do this.

but dont give up if the patriots lose to the colts.

THE AFC EAST WOULD STILL BE IN PLAY.

then the pats have to go to the jets on a short week

then to the dolphins where they always have problems

then home for the texans

then home for the 49ers

not saying it would happen, but you never know.