I really don't understand why anyone goes to Bills home games

zonabb

1. As I have said all along: "Win Some F'ing Games!" and a lot of this goes away. People are frustrated, and bored, and they don't want to feel like they've wasted their money, so, they party. The trouble is: that has, over time, turned into an excuse for unacceptable behavior.

But, it also does not excuse the lack of winning. This is a two way street. Both fans and team have a lot of work to do.

Apparently few of you saw what Philly was like during their playoff drought. It was far and away worse than anything I've seen at the Ralph. Far worse, every time I went. But, it has significantly improved since that time as they started winning.

Winning is the ONLY change. Sure the new stadium helps but anyone who thinks this is a about a stadium doesn't know schit about South Philly, or South Jersey for that matter.

2. In order:

Anybody bitching about puking? You haven't seen puking. You've seen 1 guy, one time? Please. Worse elsewhere.

Anybody bitching about smoking? You haven't seen smoking. You're butthurt about minor detail here and "over the line!" over there. Smoking starts fights because somebody forgets they aren't in charge, or the smoker is a real douche. Again, worse elsewhere. In Oakland, I have seen a guy smoke throughout the game, and as security approached, flick his cigarette from below his knee, high into the air, and then it's 50/50 it lands on somebody. He did this the whole game. :wallbash: I know, because at one point they tried to blame me. Who pointed me out? The guy who was smoking. I took care of his ass after the game.

By that I mean...I just happened to have a spare stink bomb, a long-time tradition at Bills games for my family. They are hilarious when used properly, and it stays funny. This time? Nope. I dropped it in his back pocket on the way out; I'm sure he had a fun ride home. Horns, bull, etc. :devil:

Anyone B word about drunks? We have a case study. Let's see what happens in KC over the next few years.

3. The simple fact is that we have a good thing going on at Buffalo home games, and we have a good thing going on at Bills Backers bars all over the country. Many fans of other teams are envious of our "community", and its so obvious that many will even admit it. They wish they had the camaraderie we have. But that comes with a price: for 4-5 hours life ceases to start and stop at our convenience, and, yes, there will be people there that you would never hang out with otherwise.

4. As for kids: yours aren't that special. Really. There are millions of kids all over the country who would do anything to be at a game, but never will be, and the swearing would be...normal. A little perspective, please. Your kids aren't special. From their perspective: it is you that are special. You can afford to go, and you care to take them.

Kids are just as likely to hear swearing at a Bills game as they are from their friends on a public school bus. Just ask them.

5. The major difference I've noticed is that people don't seem to be going with their families as much. Perhaps this is wrong, but, I have to think that when you are with your family, chances are your behavior will be better. Seems like there's more loosely built groups of friends looking to start trouble for Youtube...rather than a family/close group tradition.

6. When last in Hammer's lot, I saw something interesting. Two tailgate sites, not that far away from each other, with two completely different outcomes. Both had around the same # of people, ages, demos, and setup. One was a disgusting mess, the other was very clean. I showed a few people I was with, just because it was so clear. A few other people overheard us and they saw the same thing. We all observed it for a few seconds, and then moved on.

If you had only seen the one, or the other, your post here would be different, wouldn't it?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in 2005 we went to the Bills-Raiders game in Oakland... While riding back on the BART to South Frisco (where we were staying) we got to talking to a Bills fan and his young son. Seems during the game a crazy drunk Oakland fan got right up into the face of his 10 year son... Screamin and yelling, going nuts inches from the child's face... The boy was wearing an Eric Moulds jersey... The funny thing is, other Okland fans saw this and jumped the guy... Beating the crap out of him until security game and hauled the guy away. The moral of this story? I guess there is honor among the stinking Raiders fans! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Did anyone read this new article about the two guys who got the s*** beat out of them at the Miami game? And these were Bills fans?!? Just wanted to make it clear to the complete bozo who said that these kinds of things happen just the same at every NFL stadium and then added a "carry on" for good measure. Folks, this type of thing DOES NOT happen at every NFL stadium and is really a black eye for Bills fans. Yeah all it takes is one, but there isn't "one" at Packers games.

Ok, first of all, I'm not some "complete bozo" who logged on to troll a thread. I've been a member of this forum for 4 years, and I simply gave my opinion.

I did not say the Bills games were the best, in fact I agree it can be a tough place to attend. But you're living in a cave if you think these acts don't happen elsewhere.

Go and visit youtube sometime and take a look at some videos of other NFL stadiums. Just because YOU didn't see it or read about it, doesn't mean it's not going on. It's a very real issue, and while it may be a bigger issue in Buffalo than in Green Bay or Kansas City, it IS in fact happening elsewhere. It is not solely happening in Buffalo.

Saying RWS is the worst is an opinion, nothing more. Unlike you, I won't insult you for your opinion.

Oh, and also, the 'carry on' part of my post was nothing more than my way of saying I wouldn't be participating in the thread going forward, but thanks for helping me reconsider that idea.

Edited by billsrcursed

Did anyone read this new article about the two guys who got the s*** beat out of them at the Miami game? And these were Bills fans?!? Just wanted to make it clear to the complete bozo who said that these kinds of things happen just the same at every NFL stadium and then added a "carry on" for good measure. Folks, this type of thing DOES NOT happen at every NFL stadium and is really a black eye for Bills fans. Yeah all it takes is one, but there isn't "one" at Packers games.

Have we not learned anything from the thread about the fan who died at the game? first article came out and said the guy was ejected , and this place exploded with people saying he was hammered and make al kinds of assumptions.

This article here is the same thing...they left after the 3rd celebrating a big win? The guys who did the beating were detained then released. Again, none of us have any idea what happened, but I got a snaking suspicion there is a whole lot more to this story.

You are dead wrong my friend. This is exactly why I am always quick to point out that yes, the Bills have great fans- mostly the Canadians- but they are not the best. Because of the price of tickets, the younger crowd at Bills games is really, really offensive. Has been ever since I've been going to games in the 80's as a little kid. Go to a game in Seattle, Kansas City, Green Bay, etc. Fans are friendly, welcoming, mature and you DO NOT have that element that you get at Bills and Raiders games. Carry on.

I agree.

Like I said in another post, there are plenty of other stadiums/fans that take care of business.

I live in St. Louis and you never hear about or see the drunken nonsense that happens in Buffalo.

I agree.

Like I said in another post, there are plenty of other stadiums/fans that take care of business.

I live in St. Louis and you never hear about or see the drunken nonsense that happens in Buffalo.

Just because you don't see or hear about it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Nope, people never get stupidly drunk at Rams games.

Or drunk and puking at Chiefs fans. And was she just about to call him a motherf@&ker at the end there? Oh boy, bad language too.

Or drunken, fat, inbred, hick, slobs yelling and screaming at other fans. At cops. And acting absolutely out of control. At a Chargers event no less.

I could do this all day with every team. It's no different.

Edited by mrags

Just because you don't see or hear about it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Nope, people never get stupidly drunk at Rams games.

Or drunk and puking at Chiefs fans. And was she just about to call him a motherf@&ker at the end there? Oh boy, bad language too.

Or drunken, fat, inbred, hick, slobs yelling and screaming at other fans. At cops. And acting absolutely out of control. At a Chargers event no less.

I could do this all day with every team. It's no different.

So it's OK because it's an NFL problem and not a Buffalo problem?

Edited by CodeMonkey

So it's OK because it's an NFL problem and not a Buffalo problem?

no, I dont think hes saying that at all, hes just trying to say to the OP - who is asking why anyone goes to BILLS games anymore - that this is an NFL issue (or a human issue) and its not JUST at bills games, which MANY POSTERS in this thread are trying to insinuate, that its only a bills issue, that they travel to other stadiums and dont see these incidents (which is BS)

people always try to paint buffalo in a bad light as far as fan behavior goes, it happens all over, if you cant handle dumbasses and let them rain in your parade, stay home...

I feel like the "this stuff doesn't happen elsewhere" argument is, in the very least, over-stated.

A simple google search for "NFL fan incidents" returns the following:

http://www.utsandiego.com/uniontrib/20041031/news_7m31safe.html

http://outofcontrolfans.blogspot.com/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/847579-nfl-must-bring-the-blitz-to-sack-stadium-violence-immediately

http://www.greghallkc.com/?p=573

http://www.buzzfeed.com/nicholasschwartz/the-best-nfl-fan-brawls

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/25/nfl-fans-fight-browns-bill-redskins-brawl_n_1910567.html

And that's just the first 2 pages....

Yes, it happens all around the NFL, and yes, it's not good that it also happens here.

If you can't handle the expected drunks then don't go is my take. It is not just a buffalo problem, I have been to roughly 5 stadiums and have seen rowdy/fun behavior at most of them.

as they say "it is what it is" no dumbarses are gonna ruin my good time. unless they feel like getting pounded by the guy rocking the Travis Henry jersey. haaaaaaaaa

no, I dont think hes saying that at all, hes just trying to say to the OP - who is asking why anyone goes to BILLS games anymore - that this is an NFL issue (or a human issue) and its not JUST at bills games, which MANY POSTERS in this thread are trying to insinuate, that its only a bills issue, that they travel to other stadiums and dont see these incidents (which is BS)

people always try to paint buffalo in a bad light as far as fan behavior goes, it happens all over, if you cant handle dumbasses and let them rain in your parade, stay home...

I see. The problem seems to be associated with many hours of drinking prior to the event. I have very very rarely seen issues at a sabres game for example. And the times that I have seen issues, it was during games like Montreal where some Habs fans had been drinking heavily on the bus ride from Montreal. My one and only time seeing puke on the bathroom floor was during a Habs game.

Dealing with dumbasses unfortunately is a fact of life, particularly at a sporting event it seems.

But when they are are also hammered it can be unbearable.

My choice is to sidestep the entire problem and enjoy the game with my family at home.

Besides avoiding the drunken dumbasses, there are many other benefits as pointed out in other threads.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I agree.

Thank you. Can we hear from some people who actually live in other cities and know what their tailgate scenes are like? I've already stated that there is none of that drunken idiocy in Denver the way there is in Buffalo. But the way this thread is going, someone is going to cherry pick an article from like 2005 and say, "look some drunk guy did something stupid at a Broncos game seven years ago." It's like if this were a thread about murder on the East Side and people kept finding articles about someone getting shot in Amherst in the 90's or something and saying, "See? Someone got shot in Amherst once. It's no more or less safe than the East Side of Buffalo." It's incredible the perspective that some people on here lack.

And also, did anyone read that story that Gordio wrote last page about what happened to him and his friends last week? That is insane. But it doesn't surprise me ONE BIT. I have been to plenty of stadiums where that would never happen to us in a million years and we were wearing the other teams' jerseys!

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Bingo