I love our qb!

DocLawless

Alright before everyone flips out let me make some things clear. I know we need to draft our future franchise qb this year and I know Fitz is inconsistent. As a lot of you know I have supported fitz since last year as I can't help it I bleed our red white and blue and want to believe in everyone on our roster but I do know we need to get our next Jim Kelly if he exists. Let me say this though, talented or untalented, how do you not love this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ix0QXIt-bE

Also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKlZx4GySD0

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And for those who said no one came to his aid...Spiller and Jones can be seen getting between him and Spikes.

I thought this play and that final drive would be the flashpoint for the turn around of the season... So painful to see that last drive end the way it did.

I am a Fitz believer. I am a realistic believer. If given the opportunity to draft a QB high next year I am all for it, but AFTER we add a LB or two in FA and the first round. I would rather have two or three more LB's and a #2 WR with Fitz for next season instead of a rookie QB, Matt Flynn, or Kirk Cousins.

Fitz is very limited but he has everything you want from a QB expect the elite arm and size. He's not the reason the Bills are losing. If we had even an average defense, we are 5-4 at worst. Personally, I want a big time QB in the draft with elite skills. But I'd keep Fitz and let them battle it out in camp.

And for those who said no one came to his aid...Spiller and Jones can be seen getting between him and Spikes.

I thought this play and that final drive would be the flashpoint for the turn around of the season... So painful to see that last drive end the way it did.

I am a Fitz believer. I am a realistic believer. If given the opportunity to draft a QB high next year I am all for it, but AFTER we add a LB or two in FA and the first round. I would rather have two or three more LB's and a #2 WR with Fitz for next season instead of a rookie QB, Matt Flynn, or Kirk Cousins.

I agree. It's funny how overrated guys like Cousins and Flynn are. Flynn was Trent Dilfer in college and a 7th rounder. If Cousins ever became a starter and put up Fitz' #s we'd be thrilled. Fitz is our best QB since Flutie, minus Bledsoe's 8 games. Still, the position can be upgraded and a good GM should always be upgrading.

I love Fitz. His personality is great. He almost always seems to make the right decisions on the field and is a great leader and face of the franchise. Unfortunately, he lacks 2 of the most important things that are required to be a great NFL QB, arm strength and accuracy. Ultimately, he is just not physically gifted enough to be successful as a full time starter. I would love to have him as our back up QB for the next 5 years, I just don;t want to have to depend on him to win games for us week in and week out because he is not good enough to do so.

I love Fitz. His personality is great. He almost always seems to make the right decisions on the field and is a great leader and face of the franchise. Unfortunately, he lacks 2 of the most important things that are required to be a great NFL QB, arm strength and accuracy. Ultimately, he is just not physically gifted enough to be successful as a full time starter. I would love to have him as our back up QB for the next 5 years, I just don;t want to have to depend on him to win games for us week in and week out because he is not good enough to do so.

Throwing with good velocity /accuracy has been a problem in the past, but now Ryan Fitzpatrick has adjusted to his change in mechanics, its not so much of a problem any more going by the last three outings.

I've been one of Fitzys toughest critics over the last few years and doing a 180 on my future expectations is because Fitz is throwing that good.

I've never seen him throw better then he did against the Pats...

I'm not. I want him to be good, if not great, but he consistently shows inconsistency. He cannot make all the throws, which limits us.

Look, I like the guy. I loved when he got in that pos Spikes' face. However I, like many, fully expected him to eff up that last drive. That's not what I want in a QB. If he starts winning in those last minute opportunities, I'm all in. I just don't see it happening.

If our defense played at just a mediocre level this year, we would be 5-4, in second place, and in the thick of the playoff run.

Fitz is a capable stopgap. He's a leader, but he can't be expected to put up 30-plus points a game.

The problem as I see it is Gailey's continued insistence on throwing the ball 40 times a game while running it less than half that many time. You cannot let a guy like Fitz put the ball in the air 40 times a game. He is bound to throw some INT's. It is a recipe for failure that we just continue to repeat.

Or EVER make a clutch play when we severely need it.

Like I said, he's a capable stopgap who can win games with a decent D. He will be a steller backup and mentor (hopefully for the Bills) when we draft a QB.

What? I think maybe you're thinking of Trent Edwards. Fitz has been clutch and has led comebacks.

Like the OP, I also love this QB. But clutch is hardly a descriptor of him. Roethlisberger is clutch. Even if he's playing a bad game, he will, 80 percent of the time, make the big play in the end to seal the deal.

Fitz, even when he's playing good, will, 80 percent of the time, make a mistake to lose the game.

The guy is the perfect guy for the Bills QB he is just missing consistency in his passing & decision making .

The gut has all the heart , toughness & smarts that we need as our QB i just wish his arm was a bit stronger & his arrent decision making would't be as prevalent in his game ...

Of course if he had a D that could stop something once in a while that would be a huge help to him & the team !!!!

If our defense played at just a mediocre level this year, we would be 5-4, in second place, and in the thick of the playoff run.

Fitz is a capable stopgap. He's a leader, but he can't be expected to put up 30-plus points a game.

I hear ya ATL! or how about in the Bills 6 loses the offense would have had to score 49, 53, 46, 36, 22, 38 to win those games or avg 40.7 pts per. and people want to rag on the QB as being the problem. there is nothing more to do but just laugh at the simpletons. :w00t:

Yes, I am all in for Fitz after the last few games... just hope he can keep it up and also I bought his jersey this year

All QB's are off target once in a while. I think also that we need to develop a young stud now to take over fro Fitz.

Defense is defintely the problem. We need linebackers big time.

In that case though your OL who protect you should have took care of business....

The OL was a terrible letdown in that situation. If that happens to the Steelers, Starks and Colon, Pouncy, etc. would be in the guys face ripping his helmet off. Here, Wood, Glenn, etc. are nowhere to be found.